Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #41
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks Reed out 3-4 weeks

I hate to see any of our guys get hurt. Glad he'll be able to come back this season.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #42
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Yeah right... In Texans lingo, 3-4 weeks means he's out for the year. I do NOT trust one thing that comes out of the Texans. Or even their silence. They haven't come clean regarding Cody either.

I bet Smith and Kubiak are great chess players.
First of all, I don't believe the Texans have said anything official. All of the information I've seen is from the infamous "person with knowledge of the situation".

We'll see what they do with his roster spot. If he's truly out for the year, and they know it, they can't afford not to IR him and free up a spot. I think if they put him on IR with the right to return, he could come back for the Super Bowl (if my math is right). On one hand, that's kind of assuming you're gonna get to the Super Bowl - on the other hand, this would be the last week they could designate someone to return, so if they don't use it, it just goes away.

Bottom line if what you say is true (and I'm not as skeptical as you are), there's no way they will let him stay on the 53 man roster and simply take up a spot.
Old 11-23-2012   #43
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
We'll see what they do with his roster spot. If he's truly out for the year, and they know it, they can't afford not to IR him and free up a spot. I think if they put him on IR with the right to return, he could come back for the Super Bowl (if my math is right). On one hand, that's kind of assuming you're gonna get to the Super Bowl - on the other hand, this would be the last week they could designate someone to return, so if they don't use it, it just goes away.

Bottom line if what you say is true (and I'm going on the record saying I disagree with it), there's no way they will let him stay on the 53 man roster and simply take up space.
Nothing I said is true. I was being sarcastic and speaking with a lot of distrust. I have learned not to believe anything the Texans say regarding injuries over the years then my recent experience regarding the Cody injury just solidified that to the max.

They're liars and I think like it. Not too sure though.
Old 11-23-2012   #44
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing I said is true. I was being sarcastic and speaking with a lot of distrust. I have learned not to believe anything the Texans say regarding injuries over the years then my recent experience regarding the Cody injury just solidified that to the max.

They're liars and I think like it. Not too sure though.
Yeah, I edited a couple of things after you quoted it, but at this point, I don't believe the Texans have actually said anything anyway - everything is "sources".
Old 11-23-2012   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah right... In Texans lingo, 3-4 weeks means he's out for the year. I do NOT trust one thing that comes out of the Texans. Or even their silence. They haven't come clean regarding Cody either.

I bet Smith and Kubiak are great chess players.
Repped

I heard Cody almost died.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #46
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Repped

You heard right. I'm still dismayed at how nothing has broken news-wise other than some message board schmoe.
Old 11-24-2012   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I've found BR to be more accurate than most posters on this board! Sorry if that hurts some of you guys iddy biddy feelings!! BUT, truth hurts!
Well, if you've got a zillion guys claiming every possible outcome to every possible thing, they're bound to hit occasionally. The Bleacher Report is mostly just people giving their opinions and they have no more and no less importance than anyone else's opinions.

It doesn't hurt my iddy biddy feelings that they got this one right but there's no way I was going to take something from the Bleacher Report as accurate until there was another, more trustworthy, source.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2012   #48
JPPT1974
Thanksgiving 14

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well at least he will be back either late in the last game or during the playoffs.
Old 11-24-2012   #49
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Repped

^^^
MOAR Please....
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #50
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to show NO MERCY!!
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #51
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 41240 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

From watching games video of Merci this season I actually thinks he will have a bigger impact on rushing the QB than Reed and Barwin. He doesn't run himself out the pocket like those two. He likes to take the shortest route to the QB with bullrush and rips. And if they step up in the pocket to ovoid an outside rush, Merci will be in a good position get a sack.

What I worry most from him is his inexperience in coverage and his run recognition and edge control. That run in the Jax OT nearly cost us the game because he failed to seal the left side edge.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #52
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Time to show NO MERCY!!
PM Nitro he's got the inside skinny on that one.

What I do know is that Cody has 3 broken ribs and the Texans docs let him go back into the game. Later on that night a trip to the emergency room was in order.
Old 11-24-2012   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Time to show NO MERCY!!

What I do know is that Cody has 3 broken ribs and the Texans docs let him go back into the game. Later on that night a trip to the emergency room was in order.

Whoops I quoted the wrong person this was meant for Mega Swatt.
Old 11-24-2012   #54
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:

All I will divulge is what I said in the Cody thread.

And he went to the emergency room the next day.

Old 11-24-2012   #55
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, our LB corps is the walking wounded right now.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #56
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First of all, I don't believe the Texans have said anything official. All of the information I've seen is from the infamous "person with knowledge of the situation".

Bottom line if what you say is true (and I'm not as skeptical as you are), there's no way they will let him stay on the 53 man roster and simply take up a spot.
I don't *think* we can do that. IIRC each team is allowed to designate 1 player per season for this "special IR". Pretty sure we burned ours on Sharpton. Please correct me if I'm not recalling correctly.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #57
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I don't *think* we can do that. IIRC each team is allowed to designate 1 player per season for this "special IR". Pretty sure we burned ours on Sharpton. Please correct me if I'm not recalling correctly.
Sharpton was on reserve PUP. Similar, but different.
Old 11-24-2012   #58
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sharpton was on reserve PUP. Similar, but different.
Thank you sir.

I DO need to bone up on these new rules.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Looks like drafting Merci was a great decision.
It was the only decision.

They weren't going to sign Mario. Brooks had an exceptional, yet spotty rookie season. Sophomore slump was a major concern. Barwin had one good year, again it was spotty. Many questioned his ability to repeat.

Jj Watt, again the sophomore slump was looming. I think him repeating his rookie season was the most unlikely.

We had too many "maybe they can repeat" situations going on to not put another egg in the basket.

Yes, I was wrong about Watt being able to repeat, heck he's far exceeded his 2011 production. Dude's amazing. But the point is, Barwin & Reed have not repeated, or even come close to their 2011 production. 2 out of three of our DL production disappeared.

Drafting Merci, in the first round, as an impact player, was a no brainer, had to be done.
Old 11-24-2012   #60
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Injuries are a part of the game and teams win the Super Bowl regardless.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read