Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks Reed out 3-4 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Braman may have the best edge speed of any of the olbs. I think the Texans lose something versus the run but may get a better pass rush with Mercilus and Braman.
I always kind of liked Braman. The guy looks and plays like rabid dog.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Mercilus is ready to play same as his name suggests creating the luxury of allowing Brooks Reed to fully recover just in time for playoffs!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin will probably be moving to the SAM, which should suit him better with his added weight.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
If you've ever pulled a groin, you know 3 to 4 weeks is a conservative estimate.
And then of course since he can't run during that period, he will lose his conditioning. Maybe with a bye week he'll be ready to go in the playoffs which would be mid-January.
Hope he makes it back.

Making it back fully healthy for the playoffs is far from a certainty.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #25
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

3-4 weeks is good news, when I first saw it I thought it was season-threatening. Hopefully he's back for games 15 or 16 and he's full speed by playoff-time.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
3-4 weeks is good news, when I first saw it I thought it was season-threatening. Hopefully he's back for games 15 or 16 and he's full speed by playoff-time.
Hopefully he will have a couple games in before the Play-offs.
Hopefully we clinch the number one seed before then, too.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #27
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

So will Houston have three new starting LB's with Reed, Dobbins and James all possibly being out? How will Merciless, Rudd & Sharpton do filling in?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012   #28
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Well, I'm the one that posted it in another thread, and I made the disclaimer that I couldn't swear to the accuracy of it, but it was out there (I'll never forget the John Clayton injury report regarding Kevin Walter).

Tania Ganguli's got an article on Chron.com in which she describes it as "at least" 3-4 weeks, plus she's also got this out there on her twitter account:

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

Reed could be out up to 6 weeks. Even if it takes that long, he should be back for the playoffs. #Texans
Old 11-23-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
So will Houston have three new starting LB's with Reed, Dobbins and James all possibly being out? How will Merciless, Rudd & Sharpton do filling in?
I think they will be OK; they just have to.

Rudd made a couple of good plays.
Sharpston is getting back in playing shape.
And Merci had shown some flash.
Braman also has some burst and Nading has plenty of experience.

We just need all the guys to come back for the play-offs, or as many as possible.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #30
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what the big deal is, I pulled my groin just yesterday... for a good half hour. Felt amazing.
Old 11-23-2012   #31
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate View Post
i don't know what the big deal is, i pulled my groin just yesterday... For a good half hour. Felt amazing.
t.
m.
i.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #32
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I don't know what the big deal is, I pulled my groin just yesterday... for a good half hour. Felt amazing.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #33
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
t.
m.
i.
I was just checking the elasticity.
Old 11-23-2012   #34
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I had my groin pulled by a white woman last night.

Old 11-23-2012   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
If you've ever pulled a groin, you know 3 to 4 weeks is a conservative estimate.
And then of course since he can't run during that period, he will lose his conditioning. Maybe with a bye week he'll be ready to go in the playoffs which would be mid-January.
IDEXAN, I would tend to agree with your synopsis. What I posted immediately after it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From where he grabbed, he evidently has suffered an adductor muscle tear. As much acute pain that he demonstrated, it will not be a minor 1st degree tear. It is either a 2nd degree tear or 3rd degree complete rupture. I would be surprised if this is not at least a 4+ week recovery. In one study, as high as 40 % of players with this more severe degree of injury have not been able to see the field by the 20th week. We will know more after an MRI.
I would still stand by this. If the Texans are being straight, it sounds like he has suffered a significant 2nd degree tear. With a supposed 3rd degree tear that you know that surgery will lead to IR ruled out, you are still left with the concern of trying to push too hard too quickly, a notorious reason specifically in the case of this type of injury for recovery being set back (even greater than hamstring injuries)......a reason why many of the 40% couldn't get back on the field by the 20th week.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #36
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I had my groin pulled by a white woman last night.

How much did that cost you?

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #37
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets just hope there all ready to play when the time comes to go to work.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #38
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It's time unleash the WTAMU Buffalo: Braman.

This.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #39
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
IDEXAN, I would tend to agree with your synopsis. What I posted immediately after it happened.

I would still stand by this. If the Texans are being straight, it sounds like he has suffered a significant 2nd degree tear. With a supposed 3rd degree tear that you know that surgery will lead to IR ruled out, you are still left with the concern of trying to push too hard too quickly, a notorious reason specifically in the case of this type of injury for recovery being set back (even greater than hamstring injuries)......a reason why many of the 40% couldn't get back on the field by the 20th week.
I saw what you posted yesterday and honestly trust your view points even without the official statements
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #40
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah right... In Texans lingo, 3-4 weeks means he's out for the year. I do NOT trust one thing that comes out of the Texans. Or even their silence. They haven't come clean regarding Cody either.

I bet Smith and Kubiak are great chess players.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read