Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2012   #21
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The House that Gary/Rex Built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep,

isn't nearly as humiliating as

wow, must spread rep - laughing so hard i'm crying.
Old 12-18-2012   #22
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
wow, must spread rep - laughing so hard i'm crying.
Yep, as much as I'm not a fan of the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez era New York Jets, I will forever be indebted to them that the word "Buttfumble" is now part of our vocabulary.
Old 12-18-2012   #23
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

too true. rosencopter and outaboundsky are great, but there will never be a better play in football than buttfumble.
Old 12-18-2012   #24
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't that long ago when there were comments on this very forum about Kubiak taking such a long time to put a winning team on the field, and the "fiery" Rex Ryan taking his team to the playoffs in only one year.

I make it a point to remember stuff like that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
too true. rosencopter and outaboundsky are great, but there will never be a better play in football than buttfumble.
What if the lineman was turned completely around and Sanchez trips to his knee falling forward? hahaha
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, I don't think Rex Ryan is the problem in New Jersey, their defense is still quite good without Revis. They are 8th overall in total yards against, but 20th in points against. I think the biggest issue with the team is 22 takeaways on defense, which is about 15th in the league, and 33 giveaways on offense (bottom 5 in the league). You can't win games consistently if the offense consistently gives the ball away.

Their offense is atrocious, and that team has more giveaways than most of the league. Their QBs are all terrible, they don't have a half-way decent RT, their WRs suck (Holmes is extremely overrated) and they can't sustain drives. They need a reboot on the offensive side of the ball, but they can't do it now that Sanchez has a bunch of guaranteed money coming his way. I expect Rex Ryan to get another year, but they need to find a way to replace their QB or draft a new one if they want to be competitive.
Old 12-18-2012   #27
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What if the lineman was turned completely around and Sanchez trips to his knee falling forward? hahaha
i'm afraid to know why your mind went there lol.
Old 12-18-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'm afraid to know why your mind went there lol.
I got flashback of Sue Sue kicking Schaub's jewelry box.

Just a week after that, I saw a guy jumping with hands stretched out trying to block a punt and... LOL

I thought that was funny as he'll, too.
Old 12-18-2012   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It wasn't that long ago when there were comments on this very forum about Kubiak taking such a long time to put a winning team on the field, and the "fiery" Rex Ryan taking his team to the playoffs in only one year.

How many AFC championships has Gary made it too? Rex made it to two with Buttfumble as his QB. That is truly amazing.

Revis going down and Sancez regressing is why the Jets are where they are. Imagine the Texans without Watt and having Sanchez as their QB. (I shudder at the thought.

See the I remember game cuts both ways. Would you settle for 2 AFC championship games in the next 2 yrs? For me it's SB or bust. Hopefully Gary will have learned from his past mistakes and can lead the team he built there. But until he does I cant say that I fully trust him. Especially since his team seems to crap the bed every time it plays a national TV game.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Rex still has two AFC Championship games with an inept QB. We have a single play-off win.

I think the jury is still out on Kubiak being the better of the two. They're probably both inept..... in that the game is played to win the Super Bowl.

I started this thread, because I think Gary has done a much better job building this team & our future looks so much brighter. But Rex still accomplished more with less.

I think a Super Bowl appearance would about do it though & I like our chances.
Old 12-18-2012   #31
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched part of the 1st half of that game. It was like watching a pre-season game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #32
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Revis going down and Sancez regressing is why the Jets are where they are. Imagine the Texans without Watt and having Sanchez as their QB. (I shudder at the thought.
How is Rex having a QB that regresses an excuse, and for Kubiak having a defense that sucks a cardinal sin?
Old 12-18-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How is Rex having a QB that regresses an excuse, and for Kubiak having a defense that sucks a cardinal sin?
Cause Kubiak sucks regardless.
Old 12-18-2012   #34
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Rex Ryan sucks at establishing a credible offense and Gary Kubiak was terrible at establishing a credible defense until Wade Phillips came to town. I think they're pretty much equals.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #35
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How many AFC championships has Gary made it too? Rex made it to two with Buttfumble as his QB. That is truly amazing.

See the I remember game cuts both ways. Would you settle for 2 AFC championship games in the next 2 yrs? For me it's SB or bust. Hopefully Gary will have learned from his past mistakes and can lead the team he built there. But until he does I cant say that I fully trust him. Especially since his team seems to crap the bed every time it plays a national TV game.
SteelB. I just love debating with you because it is so easy to point out the flaws in your argument. We have been without Cushing and have had a very limited to non existent Jonathan Joseph. Let's not compare Oranges to rotten apples, please
Old 12-18-2012   #36
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Eh, I don't think Rex Ryan is the problem in New Jersey, their defense is still quite good without Revis. They are 8th overall in total yards against, but 20th in points against. I think the biggest issue with the team is 22 takeaways on defense, which is about 15th in the league, and 33 giveaways on offense (bottom 5 in the league). You can't win games consistently if the offense consistently gives the ball away.

Their offense is atrocious, and that team has more giveaways than most of the league. Their QBs are all terrible, they don't have a half-way decent RT, their WRs suck (Holmes is extremely overrated) and they can't sustain drives. They need a reboot on the offensive side of the ball, but they can't do it now that Sanchez has a bunch of guaranteed money coming his way. I expect Rex Ryan to get another year, but they need to find a way to replace their QB or draft a new one if they want to be competitive.
I agree with you that Rex really isn't the problem and I feel that their GM is the real issue.
Old 12-18-2012   #37
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Seems kind of similar to the pre-Wade era of the Texans.

Offense was electric but defense was atrocious. In the Jets case, the defense is solid but the offense is crap. It all falls on Rex's shoulders as he is the head coach.
Old 12-18-2012   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I agree with you that Rex really isn't the problem and I feel that their GM is the real issue.
The GM knows exactly what he's doing...................he's gathering all the pieces for the 2013 "America's Got No Talent" show.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #39
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well Kubiak has at least changed the guys in charge of the defense after they sucked (Although Richard Smith should've never ever ever have gotten a 2nd or 3rd year), whereas Ryan has stuck with Sanchez welllllllll past the expiration date.

Rex may not be the problem in NYJ, but whomever the person is saying "Keep starting Sanchez" is the problem, and they must hate the Jets as an organization.
Old 12-18-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Seems kind of similar to the pre-Wade era of the Texans.
I can agree with that, and I think that is the larger issue with the Jets. They have not offensive guru to come in and help them. Sparano has been an abysmal hire. Did anyone else watch the game last night? It was the most dumbfounding offensive playcalling I have ever seen.

Quote:
Offense was electric but defense was atrocious. In the Jets case, the defense is solid but the offense is crap. It all falls on Rex's shoulders as he is the head coach.
This I don't agree with. I don't believe Rex had much to do with trading for Tebow and not reading his contract details before executing it (wasting valuable cap space). I don't think Rex had much to do with extending Sanchez, I don't think he had much to do with hiring Sparano either. I see Tannenbaum as the main reason why the Jets suck on offense, because he can't identify offensive talent for the field or the sidelines. I really don't think Rex is their go-to guy for selecting offensive players, and I think he gets a pass because of this. This organization seems to be run by the GM, not the head coach, which is in stark contrast to my perception of how the Texans organization is run. Personally, I'd give Ryan another year or two, and bring in a new GM and OC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read