Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So what have we learned thru 11 games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
KEEP JUST WINNING UNTIL YOU WIN THE SUPER BOWL BABY !

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #42
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
18-1BABY !

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #43
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep ... The only goal is to win the next game .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, if we went 18-1......this would have to be embraced by everyone (not just us) as being one of the best Super Bowl champion teams in the modern era.

No doubt. The adversity, the OT wins. The road wins. The dismantling of the Ravens. Fo sho.
Old 11-22-2012   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I don't see anybody here saying we suck. I see fans SAYING there are fans saying we suck, that's for sure. A lot of fans parroting others, which means if something is said enough...it becomes truth ( when it's not). Your response being proof of that.

No other team out there can do what we're doing: Getting behind then winning in OT. We're The Cardiac Kids of the NFL. It's a badge of honor right now. I love it.

But there's room to improve
. Even our own players are less happy about things than most fans here are. They are genuinely expressing that they have faults and need to tighten things up, they're being more honest than a lot of us here are.

I'll tell you who I am absolutely in awe of, it's Matt Schaub. Hands down this guy is fugging relentless. Grinding. Persevering. Willing this offense to succeed. Dude is on a mission. I think the guy is holding our schit together.
Agree with the bolded; especially the underlined. Looking for more consistent pressure from Barwin and Reed. Fewer brainfarts from the secondary (see Kubiak's statements about last week's game). More production from Walter and more snaps for K-Mart. I'd like to see Grimes get a few snaps too. And speaking of RBs, Tate needs to get healthy and back to last seasons form.

Yeah... there is always room for improvement.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #46
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
10-1 means nothing....
10-1 means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 11-22-2012   #47
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

That for every new way the Texans find to win the Texans fans will find a new way to *****.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2012   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
10-1 means never having to say you're sorry.
Not at all ....

This team has its flaws but ... complaining about the coach all the time is just silly.

You give up 30 in the NFL , you expect to lose. The fact that the offense has been able to generate just enough to win those two games despite the teams flaws and all the guy's missing on the defense ... says a lot about the team as a whole including their coach.

The players believe in him .... thats what matters.

Guess we need something to complain about while we're winning ....

Oh , did I mention we learned Shayne Graham is a liability ??

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-23-2012   #49
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we've learned it's a team game. The defense carried them in a couple games early in the season. Now the offense has to carry them to wins. The special teams has been so inconsistent all year though. Whatever it takes to win the 1st seed in the AFC.

Beat the Titans and Patriots in the next two games and at 12-1 they should just about have it wrapped up. May need a win or two against the Colts (two games) and Vikings the final three games of the season. We'll see. It would be nice to rest players in some of those games. I hope the Chargers beat the Ravens this Sunday.
Old 11-23-2012   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
But there's room to improve. Even our own players are less happy about things than most fans here are. They are genuinely expressing that they have faults and need to tighten things up, they're being more honest than a lot of us here are.
Show me one.
Old 11-23-2012   #51
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I am stunned at the negativity I have seen here.

You are ****ing 10-1. The last several games with no Cushing either. 5-0 on the road. Demolished Baltimore.

If this team has that much to still prove to you, then stop watching, because how you can't find joy in how special your team is and how frigging hard it is to go 10-1, then NOTHING is good enough for you.

As William Shatner said it on SNL to Trek fans...get a life will you people?
Sorry. I should have used the sarcasm emoticon.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #52
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im surprised by the negativty.texans are garenteed playoffs this year and all they can do is complain. There is alot of teams that would ltove to be j10 1. well if your team is as bad as some of these "fans" doom threads say then patriots will lay 50 on you. If the texans beat the patriots or at least keep it close. You can safely say texans have as good chance to go to no then anyone
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #53
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kubiak can't call plays, manage a game or coordinate his socks.
Schaub is a noodle armed non-leader, non-clutch QB.
AJ is washed up.
Foster's vegan butt goes down if someone imitates the Watt finger waggle at him.
The team has no heart and is lazy.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Gottverdammt b!tching is getting a little ridiculous. Everything isn't perfect, it never is, but damn get some perspective.

Thank you sir!
Old 11-23-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
Im surprised by the negativty.texans are garenteed playoffs this year and all they can do is complain.
I remember the mark of a good coach was getting his team to the play-offs.

Seems someone moved the target again.

Old 11-23-2012   #55
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Show me one.
I try to see both sides .... Like Eriadoc said: "Don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat."

Sure they have their warts .... but they are finding ways to win despite those flaws.

Lets just enjoy it because I havent been this excited about a Houston football season since the Dan Pastorini & Earl Campbell Oilers were knocking on the door ... and that was a lotta years ago.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-23-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I try to see both sides .... Like Eriadoc said: "Don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat."

Sure they have their warts .... but they are finding ways to win despite those flaws.

Lets just enjoy it because I havent been this excited about a Houston football season since the Dan Pastorini & Earl Campbell Oilers were knocking on the door ... and that was a lotta years ago.
Right, I think most of us are this way & has said so much today. The ones with the problem, are the guys saying everything is wrong, the coach sucks, the defense was exposed, we're not going far in the play-offs.
Old 11-23-2012   #57
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I remember the mark of a good coach was getting his team to the play-offs.

Seems someone moved the target again.

i think texans fans are so use to bad seasons that when texans have winning season. They are waiting for sky to fall.
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #58
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.
You exasperated me today man. You always like this?? I never really noticed before

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
Im surprised by the negativty.texans are garenteed playoffs this year and all they can do is complain. There is alot of teams that would ltove to be j10 1. well if your team is as bad as some of these "fans" doom threads say then patriots will lay 50 on you. If the texans beat the patriots or at least keep it close. You can safely say texans have as good chance to go to no then anyone
I'm positive. I'm glad I ......nevermind. Our school system sucks.
Old 11-23-2012   #59
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I think we've learved the Teaxans fans will will nervous, no matter
nervous is a very kind word there
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #60
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

What I've learned is that if needed Schaub can put up fantasy numbers if that's what he is called on to do. That's not our game plan or our type of football anymore but it's on tap if need be. I'd rather foster control the game with some shorter passes to the TE and the occasional bootleg deep, but I like the alternative capability
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read