Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #21
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So what have we learned thru 11 games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
We're lucky we play a weak schedule or we'd be looking at a top 10 pick.
This team can't win every game by 30 so it will be a short playoff run.
Hmmm consiering most of our tough wins have come on the road thats saying something.

Have went to denver, chicago, new york, detroit and WON. Yeah we're so lucky for the weak schedule
Old 11-22-2012   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I have learned that for many on this board, if you aren't 100% perfect, then you're 100% crap and the sky is falling.

I imagine this is the way a lot of fanbases react.
But, but Jen... You should beat every opponent by 20+, every week and go 19-0.... Didn't you know that??

Damn, and I thought you've lived here long enough by now!!!
Old 11-22-2012   #23
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.
If it wasn't for a couple gifts, the giants might not have made the super bowl.

Signed,

Kyle Williams
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #24
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Imagine if you were a Jets fan for the last 10 minutes. Wow.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #25
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm glad we got a long week ahead of us. 10 Quarters of football in a 4 day span sounds extremely tiring
Old 11-22-2012   #26
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Matt Schaub said it best in his presser. This team is mentally tough. We've got issues. Anyone who thinks differently is fooling themselves.

We are 10-1, but the AFC Championship game is still a long, long ways off. There's no guarantee we'll get there & if we have to play Denver in the divisional round, that's going to be a helluva game that we might not win.

Their defense is gelling & their offense is exploding, while we appear to be waning.

But that's six weeks from now & nobody knows how things are going to shake out by then.
Man thank the football gods schaub feels this way
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #27
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Where to begin.....
1. We have a very good offense (but we've known that since '09) and a very good defense (this is new for 2012).

2. We have a very good, but not great, QB. (the only "A" level QBs are Brady, Brees, P.Manning, and Rodgers; and even they have off days)

3. Arian Foster sneaks in a piece of chicken every now and again. No way he can carry the ball 24+ times/game on salad alone.

4. It took 3 yrs but Kareem Jackson has learned how to play NFL-quality CB. Better late than never.

5. J.J. Watt is the reincarnation of Bob Lily. ...or Ray Childress. you decide.

6. The reports of Andre' Johnson's decline/demise have been greatly exaggerated.

7. Johnathan Joseph and Ben Tate are "injury prone". Hey, if Schaub is "injury prone" and he hasn't missed a game this year, then they must be since Tate's missed, what four and counting, and J-Jo has missed or been gimpy in just as many. (that ought to stir you up )

8. Our team has evolved into winners; mentally tough guys that find a different way to win each week. It's not always textbook pretty, but they seem to get the job done.
Sadly, not all of the fan base has come to terms with this "Texans are winners" thing. I'm not sure why. Maybe those folks aren't "mentally tough" enough to embrace winning. Perhaps they'd be happier as Jets fans.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2012   #28
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I have learned that the Texans are beatable, but if you don't step on their throat a la Rogers, they will find a way to win.

Bravo Texans!
Old 11-22-2012   #29
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kubiak can't call plays, manage a game or coordinate his socks.
Schaub is a noodle armed non-leader, non-clutch QB.
AJ is washed up.
Foster's vegan butt goes down if someone imitates the Watt finger waggle at him.
The team has no heart and is lazy.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Gottverdammt b!tching is getting a little ridiculous. Everything isn't perfect, it never is, but damn get some perspective.
That's what I've been responding to other threads. Many people are bitching with our 10-1 record. People want a perfect game like we are expecting a perfect pitching game in MLB. We are winning with best record in the NFL and still want to b!tch hah!!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
5. J.J. Watt is the reincarnation of Bob Lily. ...or Ray Childress. you decide.
I'm going to go with Bob Lily. Huge dude with tremendous athleticism - rough combination to go up against and I once saw him reading a book.
Old 11-22-2012   #31
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.
Will you feel better if we lose a couple?
Old 11-22-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I have learned that as long as we win, people overlook faults. Or maybe I should Texans fans instead of "people," since there are people who played football in the NFL (who are now commentators) and they will say that not all is as well as it looks with 10 wins on the board.

Sometimes you hit bad road, sometimes you hit good road, and right now the Texans are sort of coasting and benefiting from opponents imploding in key moments. Yes, of course that's on them and we'd certainly been that bumbling stumbling team for many seasons prior--never able to get out of our own way, never able to seal victory--but all streaks come to an end.

And sometimes the winning streak is replaced by a losing streak...and then it becomes hard to regain all that momentum that seemed so natural weeks and weeks ago.

There's too much overconfidence everywhere. In the days leading up the election, a lady called into Rush Limbaugh's show and said "Gee, Rush...we gotta tell people to keep knocking on doors. Keep working to the end." He absolutely bawled her out over the airwaves. He completely torched her. "What?" he asked. "I mean, this is a gimmee. People are ready to vote. I'm a professional, I see victory. You think this is going to be that close?!?!" Well, that lady was right: Not enough got off their asses to make a difference. Sorry to inject politics here, but the shoe fits.

The incessant smearing of fans here who aren't completely and utterly infatuated with our team's 10 wins is unbecoming. Overconfidence. Look at the prediction threads, especially the Jags game: "This will be easy!" Ha.

Look, I rooted and I rooted and rooted some more today. I never said "We don't deserve to win." That's dumb talk. I believed in Schaub the whole way today, even when he threw the pick in overtime...I knew we were still alive. Foster. AJ. Forsett. We got players who overcome a lot.

My sole gripe is the lack of spark that this offense shows to begin games. It tells opponents they have a chance right at the beginning to get up on us. In this league, you KILL your opponents at the onset. Crush THEIR will to put up a fight. Kubiak, IMO, is so calming that it almost has turned into a double edged sword. We're living and dying by it.

Glad for the win. Proud of their toughness. Just really not happy with the sluggishness on both sides of the ball, Kubiak being the chief transgressor IMO.
Old 11-22-2012   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

that injuries Suck

Brain cushing IR
Dobbins-HUrt
Shaun cody-Hurt
Braide james -hurt
Brooks reed-hurt
Allen ball-Hurt
Tim jamesion-IR

tho four over thes players are depth this is really hurting us get well soon Boys : (
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I have learned that as long as we win, people overlook faults. Or maybe I should Texans fans instead of "people," since there are people who played football in the NFL (who are now commentators) and they will say that not all is as well as it looks with 10 wins on the board.
I don't know if anyone is "overlooking" any faults & I haven't heard one commentator say all isn't well. I think we're still #1 in the power rankings & Unless Atlanta blows out Tampa Bay, we'll be #1 next week.

There are threads with constructive criticism about real concerns..... even today. We just don't want to fall into this, "The Sky is Falling" thing that's trying to start.

We're not perfect. That wasn't a perfect game. But we won.

We're 10-1 but we suck.

Two different statements. One I can get behind, the other... not so much.
Old 11-22-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My sole gripe is the lack of spark that this offense shows to begin games.
Didn't we march down & score on our first possession against the Jags? I think we've started just fine on offense more times than not. I don't think we've ever scored 21 points in the first half, but still...

We've started most games just fine this year. Get a big league, then go to the run game.
Old 11-22-2012   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

What we've learned:

The Texans are an NFL best 10-1!

We've learned that GP and Texecutioner will blame Kubiak no matter that Wades defense gave up 30+ again.

We've affirmed that Shayne Graham has a case of the yips worse than Cris Brown's a few years back .... especially if he is beyond 42 yards. Rick needs to get Gary a real kicker ... Sebastion Janikowski would be just fine by me.

We've learned the offense can turn it up a notch when they have to.

We've learned that the defense can make a critical stop to give the offense another possession .... even with key players missing at every level of the defense.

We've learned that JJ Watt is the .... NFL MVP!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

just win baby !
Old 11-22-2012   #38
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
10-1 baby !

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #39
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't know if anyone is "overlooking" any faults & I haven't heard one commentator say all isn't well. I think we're still #1 in the power rankings & Unless Atlanta blows out Tampa Bay, we'll be #1 next week.

There are threads with constructive criticism about real concerns..... even today. We just don't want to fall into this, "The Sky is Falling" thing that's trying to start.

We're not perfect. That wasn't a perfect game. But we won.

We're 10-1 but we suck.

Two different statements. One I can get behind, the other... not so much.
I don't see anybody here saying we suck. I see fans SAYING there are fans saying we suck, that's for sure. A lot of fans parroting others, which means if something is said enough...it becomes truth ( when it's not). Your response being proof of that.

No other team out there can do what we're doing: Getting behind then winning in OT. We're The Cardiac Kids of the NFL. It's a badge of honor right now. I love it.

But there's room to improve. Even our own players are less happy about things than most fans here are. They are genuinely expressing that they have faults and need to tighten things up, they're being more honest than a lot of us here are.

I'll tell you who I am absolutely in awe of, it's Matt Schaub. Hands down this guy is fugging relentless. Grinding. Persevering. Willing this offense to succeed. Dude is on a mission. I think the guy is holding our schit together.
Old 11-22-2012   #40
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We've learned that JJ Watt is the .... NFL MVP!
Probably won't happen but if any D player has made a case for breaking the O ceiling on MVP Watt has.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read