Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So what have we learned thru 11 games?

Kubiak can't call plays, manage a game or coordinate his socks.
Schaub is a noodle armed non-leader, non-clutch QB.
AJ is washed up.
Foster's vegan butt goes down if someone imitates the Watt finger waggle at him.
The team has no heart and is lazy.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Gottverdammt b!tching is getting a little ridiculous. Everything isn't perfect, it never is, but damn get some perspective.
Old 11-22-2012   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So what have we learned thru 11 games?

I think we've learved the Teaxans fans will will nervous, no matter
Old 11-22-2012   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're lucky we play a weak schedule or we'd be looking at a top 10 pick.
This team can't win every game by 30 so it will be a short playoff run.
Old 11-22-2012   #4
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans play their butt off and never give up.

And the kicker with the game on the line scares the crap out of me.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
We're lucky we play a weak schedule or we'd be looking at a top 10 pick.
This team can't win every game by 30 so it will be a short playoff run.
I am stunned at the negativity I have seen here.

You are ****ing 10-1. The last several games with no Cushing either. 5-0 on the road. Demolished Baltimore.

If this team has that much to still prove to you, then stop watching, because how you can't find joy in how special your team is and how frigging hard it is to go 10-1, then NOTHING is good enough for you.

As William Shatner said it on SNL to Trek fans...get a life will you people?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some folks are just so used to bitching about how bad the Texans are, they can't stop. Years of disappointments as Oiler and Texans fans can do that I suppose.

But damn. We got the best record in football right now. The team is banged up and missing players and still wins.

It's ****ing Thanksgiving. The Texans won and the Cowgirls lost. How the hell is there anything negative about that?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we're spread out on D we got problems. Our O is average. That's the story. Watt is a beast
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2012   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I learned that Ball is a BEAST. If we had 11 Balls we'd be a more rounded team of beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I am stunned at the negativity I have seen here.

You are ****ing 10-1. The last several games with no Cushing either. 5-0 on the road. Demolished Baltimore.

If this team has that much to still prove to you, then stop watching, because how you can't find joy in how special your team is and how frigging hard it is to go 10-1, then NOTHING is good enough for you.

As William Shatner said it on SNL to Trek fans...get a life will you people?
10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Matt Schaub said it best in his presser. This team is mentally tough. We've got issues. Anyone who thinks differently is fooling themselves.

We are 10-1, but the AFC Championship game is still a long, long ways off. There's no guarantee we'll get there & if we have to play Denver in the divisional round, that's going to be a helluva game that we might not win.

Their defense is gelling & their offense is exploding, while we appear to be waning.

But that's six weeks from now & nobody knows how things are going to shake out by then.
Old 11-22-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
10-1 means nothing when giants were 9-7 and on life support heading into a division title then ran through everyone.
So what are you suggesting? That we burn everything & stop watching this team?
Old 11-22-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
AJ is washed up.
Foster's vegan butt goes down if someone imitates the Watt finger waggle at him.

Oh and we are 10-1.

Gottverdammt b!tching is getting a little ridiculous. Everything isn't perfect, it never is, but damn get some perspective.

Stop it!! Just stop it Chris!!!
Old 11-22-2012   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ is washed up.

Oh and we are 10-1.

I think that the people who are bychin about the Texans are drunk right now. Or the Turkey is affecting their thoughts. Or this is their first experience in following and NFL football team. The Oilers never put together a season like the Texans are having, never.

This is the type of season we may never ever see again. Some people are not comprehending how special this.

Our team has gone from one side of the spectrum to the other side and has proven time and again that this is a Superbowl caliber championship team.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #14
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I said this several weeks ago before Cushing got hurt. Its all about staying healthy. Keep Schaub, AJ, the main cogs of your oline, Foster and Watt healthy for the playoffs, and I'm hardpressed to name a team in the NFL that will be able to beat you in the post-season, especially in your house.

Everyone points to the Giants last year as the ultimate example, same with the Packers the previous year. But before then, teams with homefield and bye weeks won more championships than teams that didn't.

But if you're not happy right now, that's your perogative. As a rival fan I'd kill to be in your shoes right now.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
10-1 means nothing...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
So what are you suggesting? That we burn everything & stop watching this team?
Exactly.. Apparently being 10-1 is a curse.

I have no idea what this dolt is trying to suggest.
Old 11-22-2012   #17
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ is washed up.

Oh and we are 10-1.

I have learned that for many on this board, if you aren't 100% perfect, then you're 100% crap and the sky is falling.

I imagine this is the way a lot of fanbases react.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No "palms" needed..... Jackassery (if that's a word) in full effect!
Old 11-22-2012   #19
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think some folks are just so used to bitching about how bad the Texans are, they can't stop. Years of disappointments as Oiler and Texans fans can do that I suppose.

But damn. We got the best record in football right now. The team is banged up and missing players and still wins.

It's ****ing Thanksgiving. The Texans won and the Cowgirls lost. How the hell is there anything negative about that?
We're finding ways to win despite some shortcomings and stepping up mentally when its necessary. To me, that's the sign of a good team moving into greatness. Adversity can be overcome, and the players believe it. They would easily have folded during these past two games, and they didn't. That's big to me. I like how they're gelling mentally even as they're struggling a bit during games.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Everyone points to the Giants last year as the ultimate example, same with the Packers the previous year. But before then, teams with homefield and bye weeks won more championships than teams that didn't.
As if the Giants defense didn't get exposed somewhere during that 9-7 season.

They got healthy at the right time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read