Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #101
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: so we're just an avg nfc team

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I was waiting for the announcers to pull out the trivia on when was the last time a team had back to back OT wins. I wouldn't even know how to look that up?
New York Jets won consecutive overtime games in 2010.

No team has played in 3 consecutive overtime games.

Before this season, the Texans had the worst overtime winning pecentage .125, 1-7.

Many more fun overtime facts here: A Complete Record of NFL Overtime -- 8/22/2011
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #102
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

What I don't get is people scrounging for reasons to hate on a 10-1 team. They go 9-7, people *****. They 2 and whatever, people *****. Now 10-1 and people are still bitching.

They can't hang with the NFC? Who cares... the only game against the NFC I care about is the big one at the end.

If they happen to be the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl I'll be happy to take it. It's one more than Bud will ever see.
Old 11-23-2012   #103
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
So you acknowledge no td for forsett. Ball didn't hit Quinn?
I guarantee you it was a TD for forsett. I know this because they put 6 points on the board. We don't know what happeed on the Quinn play. I think 58 hit it first anyway. Want me to start pointing out all of the mistakes that happen in any game? They happen. There were a few missed calls (PI especially) that would have helped us out. It happens.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #104
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Packers ran us off our own field, luckily Cutler went out vs us, and the refs guided us vs the lions. Above average in a down AFC is what we are.
10-1 against the NFL, period.
Old 11-23-2012   #105
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

10-1 is pretty dam good did you forget about 3 years ago?
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #106
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_Oki View Post
What I don't get is people scrounging for reasons to hate on a 10-1 team. They go 9-7, people *****. They 2 and whatever, people *****. Now 10-1 and people are still bitching.

They can't hang with the NFC? Who cares... the only game against the NFC I care about is the big one at the end.

If they happen to be the worst team to ever win the Super Bowl I'll be happy to take it. It's one more than Bud will ever see.
I would like to ***** about this post. Just because it exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #107
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
I guarantee you it was a TD for forsett. I know this because they put 6 points on the board. We don't know what happeed on the Quinn play. I think 58 hit it first anyway. Want me to start pointing out all of the mistakes that happen in any game? They happen. There were a few missed calls (PI especially) that would have helped us out. It happens.

Mike
We can speculate and pick out missed calls every week in every game in every sport. They do happen.

The one that pissed me off the most that went against us was the "defenseless receiver" on the punt return.. What the...? If they don't call fair catch, I thought they were fair game...
Old 11-23-2012   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
We can speculate and pick out missed calls every week in every game in every sport. They do happen.

The one that pissed me off the most that went against us was the "defenseless receiver" on the punt return.. What the...? If they don't call fair catch, I thought they were fair game...
"In the act" of receiving a punt or kick is defenseless. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't define "in the act." Apparently you have to let him catch it clean and then slobber knock him.

The call was within the boundaries of the rule but I agree with the earlier post - if you don't want to get hit on a kick then call for a fair catch. The call was within the rules though.
Old 11-23-2012   #109
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"In the act" of receiving a punt or kick is defenseless. Unfortunately the NFL doesn't define "in the act." Apparently you have to let him catch it clean and then slobber knock him.

The call was within the boundaries of the rule but I agree with the earlier post - if you don't want to get hit on a kick then call for a fair catch. The call was within the rules though.
OK, thanks for the explanation. I hope we take it to the Titans with relentless aggression next week. I'll be at that game with a friend that's a Titans fan. If I don't post after next Sunday, I'm in jail in Nashville and need bail money. Help me out Texans fans!!!
Old 11-23-2012   #110
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 316 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised we even held them to only 31 points with all those injuries on defense.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2
BorrowMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #111
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Another rule they should revisit. Call a fair catch if you don't want to get popped.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #112
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Packers ran us off our own field, luckily Cutler went out vs us, and the refs guided us vs the lions. Above average in a down AFC is what we are.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #113
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Talking about Cutler, there he is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #114
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Punt hit Quinn and no td for forsett
THe punt hit quinn i didnt see that .....

and obvs the reff with his HD 3d pan o ramic veiw didnt see that either

to me it looked like the ball fell in front of quinn TBO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #115
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Lemme show you what the Lions got from that average ass NFC team...

Old 11-23-2012   #116
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Punt hit Quinn and no td for forsett
Inconclusive that the punt hit Quin.

As for Forsett's TD .... Thanks Schwartz. I'll take it!!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #117
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

The defenseless receiver rule is about hits to the head. You can hit a runner in the head, even helmet to helmet.

Yes, we have to allow the receiver to catch it clean, fair catch or not. That's the Halo rule. That's the rule that saved us on one of Jacoby's muffed returns.

If he catches & takes a step, we could hit him in the head, even helmet to helmet. But in the act, Brandon Harris (<--- really, he was in the game) hit him straight up, head to head, face mask to face mask.
Old 11-23-2012   #118
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The defenseless receiver rule is about hits to the head. You can hit a runner in the head, even helmet to helmet.

Yes, we have to allow the receiver to catch it clean, fair catch or not. That's the Halo rule. That's the rule that saved us on one of Jacoby's muffed returns.

If he catches & takes a step, we could hit him in the head, even helmet to helmet. But in the act, Brandon Harris (<--- really, he was in the game) hit him straight up, head to head, face mask to face mask.
No, the defenseless player rule was what operated yesterday. Their receiver did not call for the fair catch so that rule had no application. #4 on the list of definitions of defenseless players is a player in the act of fielding a kick or a punt. Harris hit him in the head as he was fielding the ball. If Harris had hit him in the chest it would have been a muff and we could have jumped on it.
Old 11-23-2012   #119
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I would like to ***** about this post. Just because it exists.
And the circle continues.
Old 11-23-2012   #120
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we can keep talking about how sh!tty our wins look well into 2013
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read