Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2012   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Possible fine for JJ Watt

For a hit on Stafford that he wasn't flagged for.

LINK

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible fine for JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
For a hit on Stafford that he wasn't flagged for.

LINK
So defensive players are supposed to over come physics now? Oh, OK.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #3
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the people who decide whether a person should be fined suit up and take hits at a QB who is throwing the ball at receivers. When Suh dragged Schaub to the ground way worse than what Watt did...
Old 11-25-2012   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

look at the picture at the top of the page ... is that not the very definition of a textbook tackle?
Old 11-25-2012   #5
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

The busybody control freaks in charge of the NFL are doing their level best to ruin the game.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt JJ gets fined but I bet Crick will for when he hit Stafford in the back of his helmet in the third quarter at around 13:42
Old 11-25-2012   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 43499 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I doubt JJ gets fined but I bet Crick will for when he hit Stafford in the back of his helmet in the third quarter at around 13:42
meh, after what the Lions were doing to Schaub Im glad we laid into Stafford and pushed the limits, if only our oline would defend matts honor after he brutally gets taken out, thats the one thing I miss about Winston
Old 11-25-2012   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

So if your helmet accidentally slides up and makes slight contact with the QB's head you get fined. If you kick a guy in the head, oh well its all good, no fine.
Old 11-25-2012   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
I want the people who decide whether a person should be fined suit up and take hits at a QB who is throwing the ball at receivers. When Suh dragged Schaub to the ground way worse than what Watt did...
thats what i'm saying, Arent you supposed to let up once the QB has thrown the ball ?
Old 11-25-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If they don't fine Suh for that drag down of Schaub I'd be upset.

That's a fine for the kick to the gnads & a fine for the calf roping.
Old 11-25-2012   #11
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1052 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
look at the picture at the top of the page ... is that not the very definition of a textbook tackle?

That's exactly what I said. Everything looks right. Brought is arms up from underneath, hit him in the chest, everything looked good. If the whole incidental contact with any part of the helmet of the QB is the case, you are going to see a lot more QB's lowering their head to touch their face mask to touch a defenders helmet to draw the 15 yards. It's going to turn into the whole ripping off the helmet thing in NCAA to make a player sit out a play...
Old 11-26-2012   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ made every attempt possible to wrap up. His arms are the key. He hit stafford square in the chest. Its not his fault he's a big dude. IF he gets fined, it will be an absolute mistake by the NFL
Old 11-26-2012   #13
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't matter how the Lion's were playing, it was a textbook tackle. Arms open on both sides with your face in the opponents chest, perfect.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #14
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

On a side note, lot's of butt hurt in the comments section from Lions fans, LOL! Well worth the read.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't enjoy the NFL as much anymore because of stuff like this. If Watt is fined it will be even more reason for me to watch less NFL football.

It's no money out of my pocket, but I just don't like the way the NFL is trying to change how the game is played.

I'm all for fining for dirty hits and intentional stuff.....

But fining for incidental contact is ridiculous. I don't like seeing big hits and wondering if 1) I'll see flags 2) If the player will be fined or suspended
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree rey, it's discouraging that on every incomplete pass the defenders and fans all start scanning the field looking for a flag, and it's the same now on hitting the quarterback. i hate feeling like i have to search for the flag anytime the defense does something exciting - big hits, sacks, pass defensed. maybe i'm just not part of the fantasy/college spread offense that the NFL is targeting.
Old 11-26-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen many a hit on the QB where I never looked for a flag or thought there may be a fine associated with it. But after seeing that hit, I was surprised there was no flag. It looked like a good hit. Didn't look like Jj Watt tried to do anything malicious, but it was clear that Watt's head hit Stafford in the chin.

I think some of these calls are ridiculous. Like an arm inadvertently brushed a QB's helmet, Or some of these where the defender did not have time to let up.

But I have to say I agree with the intent of protecting players & overall the approach they are going about doing it. It's not every head to head hit that is deemed illegal. It is on defenseless players & I think a QB who keeps his eyes down field & does not look at the pass rush is as defensless as you can get.

I think there is still some fine tuning that needs to be done. I wouldn't fine Watt for that hit. But if he has another one like that, then he'll get fined. But that's me. If the league decides to fine him, then it is what it is.

At the same time, if the league does not fine Suh for that drag down calf-roping he did, then I'd have to question the integrity of the league & if their true motives are in fact the safety of the players & not simply cya

I know I've seen members of this board complain there was no fine handed out when Schaub was hit the same way.
Old 11-26-2012   #18
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 25856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

That's no way there should be a penalty or fine on that hit. The impact of Watt's hit on the chest causes Stafford's facemask to move toward Watt's helmet.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #19
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1023 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tailgbue is sissy up the game.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
That's no way there should be a penalty or fine on that hit. The impact of Watt's hit on the chest causes Stafford's facemask to move toward Watt's helmet.
That may very well save him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read