Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-19-2012   #1
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Niners And Bears

Battle of the back up QB's.

Go Niners!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Niners And Bears

Frank Gore just decleated Briggs on that last TD pass.
Old 11-19-2012   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else think the 49ers are a much more dangerous team with Kaepernick at QB than Smith?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Anyone else think the 49ers are a much more dangerous team with Kaepernick at QB than Smith?
Hell yes. I wouldn't want to spend a week preparing on a QB who can run.
Old 11-19-2012   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

I wonder what Chicago fans think of themselves now. Texans, Niners, 0-2. No pity from me, that's for sure.
Old 11-19-2012   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Wow, the dumbest call I've ever heard. That was no pass and if that's a legit rule the NFL rulebook is even more nuts than I thought.
Old 11-19-2012   #7
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Wow, the dumbest call I've ever heard. That was no pass and if that's a legit rule the NFL rulebook is even more nuts than I thought.
I thought it was clearly an attempted heave of the ball forward, which, if he weren't down, would have been an intentional grounding. I kind of agreed there with the refs.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2012   #8
Xcellerator
Veteran

Rep Power: 231 Xcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respected

Aldon Smith has 4.5 sacks?! Wow, passing JJ Watt now.
Xcellerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I thought it was clearly an attempted heave of the ball forward, which, if he weren't down, would have been an intentional grounding. I kind of agreed there with the refs.
Cool. It could be interpreted in different ways. Their final ruling was a good one as we saw. No harm intended.
Old 11-20-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellerator View Post
Aldon Smith has 4.5 sacks?! Wow, passing JJ Watt now.
Von Miller passed Watt this week as well, after netting 3 sacks against Phillip Rivers.
Old 11-20-2012   #11
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45112 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Kaepernick looks like the real deal guys. Rocket arm, mobility, precision passing.
I know Alex Smith have a high QB rating this season but this Kaepernick made some plays I don't know Smith can make against a great Bears D.
And considering it's his first start and on a Monday night spotlight.
I think with his performance tonight the 49ers are disaster-proof, meaning if they lose their starting QB they would still be on course to a SB title.
If any of the top 8 contender would've lost their starting QB there'll be a huge shakeup.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Wow. Kaepernick looks like the real deal guys. Rocket arm, mobility, precision passing.
I know Alex Smith have a high QB rating this season but this Kaepernick made some plays I don't know Smith can make against a great Bears D.
And considering it's his first start and on a Monday night spotlight.
I think with his performance tonight the 49ers are disaster-proof, meaning if they lose their starting QB they would still be on course to a SB title.
If any of the top 8 contender would've lost their starting QB there'll be a huge shakeup.
I was telling my Niner wife that this guy would be hard to prepare for. He can run, pass, whatever.

He is definitely worth watching.
Old 11-20-2012   #13
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45112 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a running QB that is pass-first-run-later is the most dangerous kind of QB.
klockWork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #14
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I wonder what Chicago fans think of themselves now. Texans, Niners, 0-2. No pity from me, that's for sure.
If I'm a Chicago fan I would feel great as long as Cutler is the starting QB. If he's out I would be scared. That team imploded last year when he went down. I wouldn't be shocked if they did the same thing this year if he went out for an extended period of time.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

QB controversy in San Fran ? Are you kidding me, there's no contest, I've never seen Smith look remotely as talented and perform at the same level as this guy did last night.
Why has Harbaugh kept him under wraps this long, especially since Smith has struggled mightily on several occasions ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #16
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
QB controversy in San Fran ? Are you kidding me, there's no contest, I've never seen Smith look remotely as talented and perform at the same level as this guy did last night.
Why has Harbaugh kept him under wraps this long, especially since Smith has struggled mightily on several occasions ?
At the risk of stating the obvious, teams do all in their power to avoid QB controversies for a very good reason. A key facet of the QB's role is leadership, you can have other guys around the locker room who are leaders, possibly better leaders, but they will never be as influential as the QB. Its difficult to lead a team when your job is in doubt.

You see around the league, the Steelers announced Leftwich as the starter as soon as Ben was ruled out, despite that they could have left the Ravens guessing a little while longer, to send the right signal to their own team.

You heard nothing but positives about TJ Yates, not a peep of how the playbook was going to be limited with a 5th round rook passing etc, because even a 5th round rookie 3rd string QB becomes the leader when he's forced to play. You'd surely have to think that having run the scout team for the vast majority of his practice snaps, the coaches couldn't have been that sure of how well he'd hold up no matter how happy they were with their project's 'progress'.

Kaepernick looks pretty good right now, but Smith was getting it done too tbf, and actually you'd have to feel its a pretty harsh break for the guy having finally got his career on track and playing well if not too flashy in a system he's comfortable in. I reckon he'll get a chance somewhere if he does lose his starting role (which is likely), but a lot of his troubles, not all, have been due to changing scheme every 12 months since he's been in the league, tough break.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Kaepernick looks pretty good right now
"Pretty good" ? He was awesome last night, atleast until I switched channels in the later stages of the second half because he was leading the 49ers to a total rout of the Bears. Smith never remotely approached anything close to awesome. Last night the 49ers with the young second-year QB under center were the leagues best team.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read