Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #41
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gut Check Game.....Good for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Things I hate from this game:

*Kubiak been calling draw plays on 3rd & long all year. It finally bit him in the butt when Foster fumbled.
Mean while Jax calls for a passing play on their 3rd & long and hit Blackmon on a long TD.

*Our D blitz way too much. I thought we learn from that mistakes with the GB game. Jax passing game slowed down when we just rush four. I believe our D is at it's best when we rush 4.
For the year, 10 qb sack on blitz versus 17 sack on just a 4 man rush.
Bears and 49ers, one of the best Defensive team, also one of the least blitzing team in football.
Yeah, sometimes blitz are effective, but for the most part for this team it is bad game plan.

*Folks getting excited for Schaub 527 passing.
This was against a 27th rank Defense team in the NFL(Now 31st) who was playing prevent-D in the fourth Q. That combo should at least spot any avg QB 200 yrds of passing.

*Justin Forsett ran well and better than Foster in this game. But yet Foster still had 28 carries!
C'mon Kubiak, don't wear him out before playoff begins.

*And finally our Defense.
We went up against the last rank Offense in football without their best offensive playmaker in MJD, knocked out their starting QB, and at our own stadium with our crowd noise working against them...and they hung 37 points on us with over 400 yards off offense? Really?
This is way more humiliating than Rogers's 6 TD.

Things I like about this game:

*Our special teams return game. It's refreshing getting the ball beyond the 40 yard line once in a while.

*Bradie James played his best game for us so far. I wasn't sure what jersey # he wears before this game.

This count as a win, but it's a costly win. It cost me the painful knowledge that this team will never win a SB with Wade's blitz-happy unit and Kubiak conservative play-calling.

DaTruth? Is that You?

Old 11-19-2012   #42
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Soooo... will Gabbert be back for next week ....
Chad Henne starting

Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey announced at his Monday press conference that Chad Henne will start on Sunday against the Tennessee Titans. While the announcement itself isn't a surprise, given that Blaine Gabbert now has an injury in both arms and has trouble gripping the football, the surprise is Mularkey's reasoning for announcing Henne as the starter.

It was based on performance, not necessarily injury.
Old 11-19-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
While the announcement itself isn't a surprise, given that Blaine Gabbert now has an injury in both arms and has trouble gripping the football, the surprise is Mularkey's reasoning for announcing Henne as the starter.

It was based on performance, not necessarily injury.
Nothing like kicking a guy while he's down.
Old 11-20-2012   #44
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I was saying this before the 1st game against ther Jags. They have a tough D and talent on the O side of the ball. Besides, except for the Texans, I ALWAYS pick the home team in division games, regardless of records or injuries.

I agree with ya, Herv. Get a different franchise QB. Gabbert just doesn't seem to have "it".

EDIT: I STILL can't believe nobody is making a big deal out of Jax going for it on 4th & 10 at midfield instead of punting it away and pinning us deep in our own territory. HUUUUGE error imo. There were only a couple of minutes left in the OT period. I tie would've been great for them and terrible for us.
They were going for the win. I applaud them for that. I hate ties.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #45
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
They were going for the win. I applaud them for that. I hate ties.
I applaud them only because I'm a Texan fan. If Kubiak made that decision, the pink soapers would be wearing out their keyboards.

On second thought, maybe Mularkey just didn't trust his D from any point on the field. Regardless, punting the ball was the right call, as a head coach, IMHO.
Old 11-20-2012   #46
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I applaud them only because I'm a Texan fan. If Kubiak made that decision, the pink soapers would be wearing out their keyboards.

On second thought, maybe Mularkey just didn't trust his D from any point on the field. Regardless, punting the ball was the right call, as a head coach, IMHO.
I agree with the decision, although I would probably feel different if the Texans had done the same thing.

Basically, punting the ball at that point was giving up any chance to win the game, although increasing your chance for a tie. At 1-8, the possibility of losing the game instead of tieing it doesn't really bring any downside, and a win is a win - even for a team that's just trying to get to 2-8.

Had it been the Texans, it would have been kind of gut-wrenching, but when you look at the potential repercussions of a loss that would be both a conference and a division loss, and compare that to a tie, the logical decision is probably different. Fortunately, it was theirs to make, and it turned out to go our way.
Old 11-20-2012   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you both.

And I think we would have punted the ball because we can trust the D to get a stop.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read