Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2012   #1
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected
Default J jo

What happened to him late in the 2nd half today? Did he get hurt?
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: J jo

Just heard he is getting an MRI on his Hamstring tomorrow.

Rats.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he's okay. Just our luck that Megatron rolls out this week.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #4
mominss1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respectedmominss1 is a quality contributor and well respected

hamstring issue? WTF thats 3-4 weeks minimum if torn
mominss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great. Just frikkin' great. Just in time to face Megatron.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #6
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope it's not too serious.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lucky we have two shut down corners.

When one of them is not falling down.
Old 11-18-2012   #8
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he has to miss this game, it would be the best game to do it. A loss against an NFC team, is a game we CAN lose. Let the team rest up a bit. I feel bad though, I bet Joseph was excited about this match up. Hopefully, we can hit Stafford so he can't get those throws off.

Old 11-18-2012   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
If he has to miss this game, it would be the best game to do it. A loss against an NFC team, is a game we CAN lose. Let the team rest up a bit. I feel bad though, I bet Joseph was excited about this match up. Hopefully, we can hit Stafford so he can't get those throws off.
The best game to do it is one that doesn't have the best WR in the game matching up against us.

Still, I am intrigued at the prospect of Kareem shadowing Calvin all day. I don't think he'll necessarily come out on top, but I still want to see how far he's come.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #10
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
The best game to do it is one that doesn't have the best WR in the game matching up against us.

Still, I am intrigued at the prospect of Kareem shadowing Calvin all day. I don't think he'll necessarily come out on top, but I still want to see how far he's come.
I say it's the best game to do it because it has almost no implications on the playoffs for us. An NFC matchup is a game we can lose. I do have confidence in Jackson to at least minimize the damage.

I mean, it's not like we're about to play the colts without Joseph.
That would be bad!

Old 11-18-2012   #11
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

it's a left hamstring pull and he'll have an MRI tomorrow. #Texans RT @seventhirteene: @taniaganguli Any more info on Joseph's injury?
Old 11-18-2012   #12
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post

it's a left hamstring pull and he'll have an MRI tomorrow. #Texans RT @seventhirteene: @taniaganguli Any more info on Joseph's injury?
Gahhh. Let him rest.

He's probably going to be out for 3 weeks. Hopefully he can come back for that game against the Pats.

He won't be here against the Titans. But I think we can handle them without Joseph.

Old 11-18-2012   #13
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I agree 100%. If he is less than 95%, he needs to sit for sure. 2 weeks between playing and even possibly sit him for the Titans game if he isn't 100%. The Pats game is almost a full month out and we need him for that. We can/will put a lot of pressure on Stafford. Megatron is awesome but they have no running game. Heat will be brought and we will be victorious. I'd rather have J Jo for Titans and/or Patriots. I think today's game was a great wake up call for us and they will be ready to play Thursday.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #14
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post

Drat!

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post

What he means is that this game is not as meaningful as a game against an AFC opponent since it wont factor into any tie breakers if any are required.

Sure its nice to win them all .... but if you could pick and choose , this and the Packers game dont mean near as much in the grand scheme as those W's against the Ravens and Bronco's.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #16
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully not serious. Hammies are tricky things. We need him for the long term and if he can't play, I'm happy to see KJax get some reps on a Pro Bowler. Next man up!

Our d line really needs to have a better game as well. JJ Watt had some great plays as usual, but never really heard anything from the rest of the line. Sharpton had some great tackles so I'm glad to see him out there.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #17
MistaRed
Veteran

Alan Burge (@AlanBurge) tweeted at 6:30 AM on Mon, Nov 19, 2012:
J-Jo: "had a little slight pull throughout the game....stayed out the last couple of plays. looking forward to getting into rehab
Old 11-19-2012   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I saw him on the sideling with his left knee wrapped up pretty good. I thought it was a knee problem.
Old 11-19-2012   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Harris, wake up!

Next Man Up!

Last edited by Hervoyel; 11-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a difference a year makes. If this was last season, this thread would already be 10+ pages of anxious suffering

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read