Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #61
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Turkey Day Texans VS Lions. Lets predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahunter221 View Post
What worries me is that we will have to use a safety to double megatron. Could open up a lot more for lions offense.
Exactly. Can't sleep on Titus Young. He's been gaming for a while now as well as RB Mikel Leshoure. Detroit have some weapons other than Megatron who even when playing injured is a beast. Maybe we can get the coaches fighting on the sideline again and let them have their own in house distraction. Not that we'll need it.

The fact we're coming off such a short week worries me a little bit.

All said though if the Texans go to their house and play Texans Football we should come out 10 &1.

GO TEXANS!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #62
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not feeling good about this game. The Texans will be tired and emotionally drained after the Jags. game. I just hope we can come out of this game injury free, especially with Suh's history. Texans - 17 Lions - 27.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #63
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Texans are playing up to, and down to their competition regularly this year. They usually (eventually) get around to putting a thumping on the bad teams but they've let them hang around a lot this season and seem to be doing it more as the year goes on. The flip side of that is they're hanging tough with the good teams too.

They're in every game though (except for that Green Bay game, that was a 2012 season aberration if ever there was one.) and I think they can win Thursday. They may not. This was a bad time to play 5 tough quarters against a lousy opponent but they've responded well to wake up calls so maybe this works out for the best.
Don't worry, the defense should be well rested, they only played about 2 quarters.
Old 11-19-2012   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Don't worry, the defense should be well rested, they only played about 2 quarters.
Remember how they responded the last time they got schooled.

Not looking good for the Detroit Lions. They won't catch the Bulls sleep'n
Old 11-19-2012   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Exactly. Can't sleep on Titus Young. He's been gaming for a while now as well as RB Mikel Leshoure. Detroit have some weapons other than Megatron who even when playing injured is a beast. Maybe we can get the coaches fighting on the sideline again and let them have their own in house distraction. Not that we'll need it.

The fact we're coming off such a short week worries me a little bit.

All said though if the Texans go to their house and play Texans Football we should come out 10 &1.

GO TEXANS!
Dude's apparently a punk

Quote:
Lions coach Jim Schwartz announced Monday that Young would be inactive for Thursday's game because he put himself above the team during Sunday's loss to the Packers.
Quote:
Young was benched for the team's final three plays against the Packers, causing a sideline argument between the team's wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson and offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.
Quote:
Young was sent home from the facility on Monday. Schwartz says Young's behavior will determine when he returns to the team
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
Old 11-19-2012   #66
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm, Watt adds to his sack and swat total and the overall defensive effort in this game despite Calvin Johnson is tremendous.

Kjax gets another pick stepping it up after a horrible showing against the Jags and while goose stepping towards the endzone, get's blindsided but luckily the fumble goes out of bounds.

Andre and Arian both go for over 100 yrds with a TD each.

I'm getting something about sparring jeans...wait, no, Lestar Jean. He scores on a long reception.

Casey and Graham make big plays and OD is..well OD.

Key Mart returns a kick off, or maybe it was a punt return. The crystal ball wasn't real clear on that.

Texans Feast on offense while we feast on Turkey Day!

Texans 46 - Lions 24
Old 11-19-2012   #67
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Hmm, Watt adds to his sack and swat total and the overall defensive effort in this game despite Calvin Johnson is tremendous.

Kjax gets another pick stepping it up after a horrible showing against the Jags and while goose stepping towards the endzone, get's blindsided but luckily the fumble goes out of bounds.

Andre and Arian both go for over 100 yrds with a TD each.

I'm getting something about sparring jeans...wait, no, Lestar Jean. He scores on a long reception.

Casey and Graham make big plays and OD is..well OD.

Key Mart returns a kick off, or maybe it was a punt return. The crystal ball wasn't real clear on that.

Texans Feast on offense while we feast on Turkey Day!

Texans 46 - Lions 24
Is that a real crystal ball or just one of those funky aps for Android devices?
Old 11-19-2012   #68
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I am so tired of the Calvin Johnson nut huggin. We've beaten "great" receivers a time or two in the past. This is just one more to throw an empty game to. Just like Brandon Marshall's good game in a loss, & even the rookie Blackmon's 236 yard game in a losing effort.

The thing I'm worried about is the short turnaround. While the Lions will be installing their game-plan on Wednesday, we'll be flying to Detroit.
Calvin Johnson's nuts are best in the NFL. True, we've gone up against quality wide outs this season, but Megatron is the best in the NFL. Like I said, he will get his but we have to make sure our stars have a big day as well. I think this has the potential to be another shoot out. I won't be surprised if Schaub throws 4 TD's in this game. It'll be tough and I still think we'll come out on the losing end simply because we'll be too tired.
Old 11-19-2012   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Calvin Johnson's nuts are best in the NFL. True, we've gone up against quality wide outs this season, but Megatron is the best in the NFL. Like I said, he will get his but we have to make sure our stars have a big day as well. I think this has the potential to be another shoot out. I won't be surprised if Schaub throws 4 TD's in this game. It'll be tough and I still think we'll come out on the losing end simply because we'll be too tired.
Just skimming the Lions boards, with their opinion of Stafford, if our pass rush is working, we won't have to worry about Megatron.
Old 11-19-2012   #70
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Just skimming the Lions boards, with their opinion of Stafford, if our pass rush is working, we won't have to worry about Megatron.
It hasn't been working well. Our interior guys are getting some push but it's not consistent enough. JJ Watt is doing his job, but the outside guys like Barwin and Reed need to pick it up seriously. I would like to see Whitney Mercilus get more playing time this week.
Old 11-20-2012   #71
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1052 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoping for a big win Thursday.

I pretty much invited all of my hometown over for Thanksgiving this year so they can watch a real team play ball... and to eat crab cakes of course.

27-13 is my prediction
Old 11-20-2012   #72
djriddler
Rookie

Quote:
Exactly. Can't sleep on Titus Young. He's been gaming for a while now as well as RB Mikel Leshoure.
WR Titus Young will be inactive for the Detroit Lions' Thanksgiving Day home game against the Houston Texans after being sent home from the team's facility Monday. Young was benched for the team's final three plays during Sunday's loss to the Green Bay Packers, and head coach Jim Schwartz said the second-year wide receiver's actions during the game negatively affected the team. "It's your job to make the team happy," Schwartz said. "It's not the team's job to make you happy." Young lined up in the wrong spot on a second-down play in the red zone during the Packers game, and the Detroit News' Chris McCosky tweeted that Young will be inactive Thursday "largely because of his whining, pouting, sulking about not getting more balls thrown to him." Young has been starting since the season-ending knee injury to Nate Burleson last month, and is third on the Lions with 33 receptions for 383 yards and a team-high four touchdowns. His absence will mean increased snaps for rookie Ryan Broyles and recently-acquired veteran Mike Thomas.
(Yahoo! Sports)
djriddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #73
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, HOU-TEX, I saw that after I posted. What a waste of talent. There's gotta be something wrong between a man's ears when he's got the world by the tail and then acts like an ass, enough for his coach to bench him. What a waste but at least that's one more target our secondary doesn't have to worry about.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #74
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, HOU-TEX, I saw that after I posted. What a waste of talent. There's gotta be something wrong between a man's ears when he's got the world by the tail and then acts like an ass, enough for his coach to bench him. What a waste but at least that's one more target our secondary doesn't have to worry about.
That's for darn sure. I've never understood why these cats basically just throw away tons of money by acting a fool. Like this Honey Badger guy from LSU. Dude would rather smoke dope than cash in. I don't get it, I reckon
Old 11-20-2012   #75
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
D-backfield better show in wearing their big boy pants.
Pass rush is what needs to make a cameo. You can't cover CJ. Too big and powerful and explosive. Have to hit Stafford. A lot.

Quote:
It's the T.O effect. Has to be the center of the universe. Diva's like that make you really appreciate guys like AJ, Fitz, Calvin, ect..
Old 11-20-2012   #76
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wade Phillips‏@sonofbum

#BullsonParade on safari-Buffalos,Bears,Jaguars,and Lions(oh yes)

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
Wade is going Lion hunting! You magnificent bastard!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #77
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

W..

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #78
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the d doubles and triples megatron, and shuts down the run game while getting some pressure. The offense however takes the week off and does just enough to get the w.

17-10 Texans
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #79
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Not going to predict the game, but i am 90% certain if the texans win they will clinch a playoff spot.
Exaggerated a bit, but not crazy after all

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pot-this-week/
Old 11-21-2012   #80
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Money on the Texans, the Lions haven't won on thanksgiving for near on 10 years.

Lions D is good but there offense shouldn't put up points on our D which should be more motivated after last weeks debacle.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read