Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2012   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Shayne Graham

I wouldn't necessarily fire a kicker because he misses kicks. That's what kickers do. Whoever we get to replace Graham will miss a kick in a clutch situation. Bank on it.

However, Graham's kick-offs leave a lot to be desired. I can't imagine it would be difficult to find someone who can perform better. He performed better Thursday, but he'd have already been put on notice.

Well, since we were looking at kickers, I'm sure he was.

I'd be surprised if we cut him this week. Won't shed a tear or anything. I'll probably give the old silent fist pump & nod.
Old 11-25-2012   #62
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Shayne Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I have the texans taking a combo punter/kicker in the 5th or 6th in my upcoming mock.
Have you seen this kid from Laval?

http://watch.tsn.ca/cis/clip813276#clip813134

64 yard punt at 18:00

FG at 25:21
Old 11-25-2012   #63
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40659 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doubt we cut Graham at this point, kickers who can get touch backs every kick are not just laying around. Dont forget we have Randy Bullock on IR who will prolly be our K starting next season, I bet we do draft or sign a udfa P this off-season
Old 11-25-2012   #64
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by G27RR View Post
The team called it a groin, and here's the picture Randy tweeted.
Looks like Kubiak had someone take a baseball bat to Bullock's meaty part of his leg.

Kubiak: "There. Now you're on I.R. Groin injury. Welcome to the club, kid. LeStar, give him his badge."
Old 11-25-2012   #65
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Have you seen this kid from Laval?

http://watch.tsn.ca/cis/clip813276#clip813134

64 yard punt at 18:00

FG at 25:21
Wish we could get his name to Kubiak........don't need to worry about waiting for the draft...........even if we bring him in after the season.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #66
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Looks like Kubiak had someone take a baseball bat to Bullock's meaty part of his leg.

Kubiak: "There. Now you're on I.R. Groin injury. Welcome to the club, kid. LeStar, give him his badge."
Just as an FYI. Though commonly referred to as a "groin" injury (the "groin" usually considered by most non-medical persons as only the crease or hollow at the junction of the inner part of each thigh with the trunk), that bruise pattern is classic for an adductor muscle tear (upper inner thigh)........the same injury that Reed suffered......and they called a "groin" injury.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Why Eastern Europe?
Brazil is closer.... and word on the street is they have pretty decent soccer players too.

....just offering an alternate suggestion

Well I sure do like those legs there, but I'm not sure Brazilians have that killer instinct I'd like in a kicker, lol.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2012   #68
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 4940 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected

At this rate of missing kicks we might as well go with Cundiff, at least he gets touch backs.
jradMIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read