Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Game 1 of a Sunday-Thanksgiving Doubleheader

e5sk6x.jpg

Tied for the NFL's best record, the Houston Texans continue to inch closer to a second straight AFC South crown.

A matchup against the division's worst team seems unlikely to slow them down.

The Texans aim for a fifth consecutive victory over the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars, who try to avoid matching their longest losing streak in franchise history Sunday.

Houston (8-1) made quite a statement last Sunday night, pulling out a gritty 13-6 win at Chicago to remain two games ahead of second-place Indianapolis in the division. While the Texans were limited to a season-low 215 yards, their stifling defensive unit came up huge again with a season best-tying four turnovers.

"The more ways you find to win in this league, you get more confidence," coach Gary Kubiak said. "Things like that give you a chance to be a great team. There will be nothing false about what we are when we get there at the end because we've been in some tough situations. And the more we handle them, the better we get."

Giving up averages of 281.6 yards and 15.9 points to rank second and third in the league, the Texans made things especially difficult on the Jaguars (1-8) during a 27-7 road win Sept. 16, holding them to a franchise-low 117 yards.

While Houston has outscored Jacksonville by an average of 13.5 points during its run in this series, Kubiak isn't overlooking Sunday's matchup.

"We've got to get ready for a division opponent real quick," he said after last weekend's win. "It's just part of the maturing process if you want to be good enough to someday put yourself in the position to win a championship. I think we're growing up from that standpoint."

2wojgir.jpg

9qh05v.jpg

25ftxjo.jpg

zsrgx3.jpg

More picks: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts#game-day-morning

What I want to see:

Get Schaub some early throws

Last week, he only completed 12 of his 24 attempts vs. the Bears. Get him some confidence with some screens, short throws to Dre, etc.

Make the Jaguars offense lose any and all confidence before it even starts

While the Jags aren't exactly boiling with confidence, this is still the NFL. One thing you see a lot is a team gaining said confidence when a few things go their way. 3 and outs, turnovers, and force them into mistakes.

Run Arian/Forsett, etc...but first, test them up top

Texans need to find a way, with there being 2 games in one week, to shove the Jags aside early. So with that, let's see if we can go deep a couple times. Likely won't happen because JAX features a ton of 2-deep coverage.

No such things as trap games

And that is true in the NFL. Treat it as such, and respect your opponent in this league.

Treat this like any other game. This is a DIVISIONAL GAME, ladies and gents. Also, don't forget that the goal does not change. 1-0 every week (although we have 2 games this week...that mean 2-0 this week??? Ha). Let's go in here, handle business, and shove aside all this "trap game" bs. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!

Quick turnaround after this game to the first of 3 straight road games beginning Thursday @Detroit.

Hoping for an injury free Sunday, with a W.

I am looking forward to the Texans to attack Jags early and putting away the game by half time and rest our starter for Detroit game.

Go Texans!!!

No letdowns. Play smart. Take care of the ball.

A big lead would be awesome and resting starters would be awesome, but I doubt that happens.

No reason we should lose, but stranger things have happened.

I changed my sig to show the Texans logo. Now I don't have to go scrolling for it on game day. :texflag:

Packing up, heading out to the tailgate.

Looking forward to good friends, good beer and good football. :texflag:

and no injuries....

:d:

Flip card Addition since published: #51 Darryl Sharpton

Ref: Clete Blakeman

The Map
11C1s.png

Cleveland @ Dallas
NY Jets @ St. Louis
Cincinnati @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Houston in Yellow
NO GAME due to NFL rules

A WIN AGAINST JACKSONVILLE WOULD...
• Guarantee Houston back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in franchise history.
• Give Houston five consecutive victories against Jacksonville for the first time in franchise history.
• Give Houston its second consecutive season sweep in the series.
• Can have more than 30:00 time of possession for the 11th consecutive regular-season game.
• Can hold their opponent to fewer than 20 points for the eighth time this season and the fourth consecutive game.

TE Owen Daniels
• Needs 1 touchdown catch to establish a new single-season career high of six. He previously had five touchdowns in 2006 and 2009.

RB Arian Foster
• Can extend his team record by scoring a touchdown in his 12th consecutive regular-season game. Including the playoffs, Foster has scored in 13 straight games.
• Can run for a touchdown in his 10th consecutive home game. Over the last 10 years, only San Diego RB LaDainian Tomlinson posted a longer such streak, doing so in 11 straight home games from 2003-05.
• Needs 1 rushing TD to reach 40 for his career.
• Needs 1 receiving TD to set a career single-season high with three.
• Needs 31 rushing yards to reach 4,000 for his career.

CB Kareem Jackson
• Can intercept a pass in consecutive games for the second time this season. He also did so on 9/30 vs. Tennessee and 10/8 at the New York Jets.
• Needs 1 interception to move past CB Jason Allen into fourth on the franchise’s all-time interceptions list with eight.

WR Andre Johnson
• Can extend his franchise-record streak of consecutive games played with a reception to 92.
• Can record his 41st career 100-yard receiving game and third this season.
• Needs 14 receiving yards to pass Hall of Fame WR Lance Alworth (10,266) for 33rd on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.
• Needs 120 receiving yards to pass Harold Jackson (10,372) for 32nd on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.

OLB Whitney Mercilus
• Needs 1 forced fumble to become the seventh Texans player with three or more forced fumbles in a season.

QB Matt Schaub
• Needs 51 passing yards to reach 20,000 for his career.

DE J.J. Watt
• Needs 2.0 sacks to pass Connor Barwin (11.5, 2011) and Mario Williams (12.0, 2008) for the second-highest single-season total in team history. Williams holds the franchise record with 14.0 sacks in 2007.
• Can establish a career high with his third fumble recovery of the season, topping his 2011 total of two.

This will be our first shut out game, I think!!

38-0 Texans
You mean the first shutout this season? The Texans shutout the Jags in 2005 and the Titans in 2010.

I will be shocked if TJ isn't taking snaps in the 4th quarter of this game. The Texans defense hasn't allowed a offensive TD in 9 quarters. I don't see Blaine Gabbert breaking that streak. The Texans should be able to name their score.

You mean the first shutout this season? The Texans shutout the Jags in 2005 and the Titans in 2010.

I will be shocked if TJ isn't taking snaps in the 4th quarter of this game. The Texans defense hasn't allowed a offensive TD in 9 quarters. I don't see Blaine Gabbert breaking that streak. The Texans should be able to name their score.

Am actually i little nervous because this game seems too easy.

Got the wings washed and draining about to pat them dry. Have the flour seasoned and the oil is standing by. Celery is ready. Gonna be dyna mo hum, killer Buffalo Wings for gametime!

I know they really don't go with kicking around defenseless kitties but that's what I'm in the mood for.

Deep Steel Blue #23 jersey is laid out and already wearing my Texans hat!

I'm ready for some Texans Football!

:gotexans1 :fans:

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

The official roof decision is CLOSED today at Reliant Stadium for the Texans-Jags #DeepSteelSunday game. Kickoff at noon CT. #TexansGameday

That's stupid. It's gorgeous outside. Why invest in a retractable roof if we don't use it?

That's stupid. It's gorgeous outside. Why invest in a retractable roof if we don't use it?

Nick Scurfield, in one of his posts on the Texans' site said it would be closed every game if Kubiak had anything to say about it. He likes the roof closed. Sounds like they might have asked for his input.

Sorry about no link but kinda pressed time wise as I'm doing pre-game prepare for buffalo wings for game time. :chef:

Texans inactives vs. Jacksonville: CB Carmichael, CB Harris, RB Tate, T Gardner, G White, G Brooks, NT Cody. Kickoff: noon CT.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Texans inactives vs. Jacksonville: CB Carmichael, CB Harris, RB Tate, T Gardner, G White, G Brooks, NT Cody. Kickoff: noon CT.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

So OD is suited up and active...? Interesting!

The game will not be shown in Lubbock. Apparently the network decided that folks around here would rather watch the Cowboys suck some more.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
DE @JJWatt in last 2 games vs Jaguars: 12 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 3 passes defended, 4 tackles for loss, 7 QB hits

Blaine Gabbert career vs #Texans: 0-3 record, 41.9 rating, 38.5 completion%, 286 yards, sacked 10 times

For some reason the wifes Asus Notepad refuses to speak to our TV right now, that's usually how we watch the games (through gamepass). As a possible backup I thought 'PS3'... bot alas, it runs Adobe flash player 9, and v10.2 is needed... Sony & NFL, get it fixed... (or wife, fix the Notebook...)

I guess we're eating in front of the PC tonight, how romantic.. :)

I feel honored to witness the rise of Keyshawn Johnson.

I can't believe that guy said that not once, but twice after correcting himself :ahhaha:

Back