Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-13-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin: An idea on how to reward Subscribed Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
They were talking about an inflatable donut for you to use because of your hemorrhoids, Thorn.

They didn't send it because they figured AARP already sent you one.

.. That was AWESOME!!!
Old 11-13-2012   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
That is an awfully kind thing to suggest. Because some people might not like my articles inflicted on their inbox.

There's no policy against it from the Chronicle as far as I know, but oof, the logistics. That, and I think that people should want to be Subscribed Contributors here out of the goodness of their own hearts. For the intrinsic goodness of it. That it makes them feel good to support something awesome.

At least that's what I tell my kids about why they don't need to receive rewards for getting good grades. That I'm proud of them, but that they need to be proud of themselves because nobody going to be around all the time giving them gold stars when they do good things.

However, for all Subscribed Contributors, I will do a dance in your general direction. Ta da! ->

I wanna see that "dance" in person, this Sunday in Blue Crew!!
Old 11-13-2012   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
It means you are being a pig-headed, inconsiderate jerk. I'm still floored that you offered someone else's personal time up. How rude!
Are you for real???

LOL. I think all I did was suggest an idea, if suggesting an idea is equal to making her do something...then color me baffled.
Old 11-13-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And by the way, Kevin ASKED us to give ideas about what he could do to incentivize the paid subscriber service.

If anybody got red-assed by my mere suggestion, then so be it. I was only offering a suggestion. I never intended to be equated with being insensitive to other people's time.

Maybe some of you shouldn't take up offenses, especially on someone else's behalf, so easily. Oh well, such is life.

TC, I meant nothing but "honor" in terms of my suggestion. I felt like you started your journalistic efforts here, and it would have been cool to have some of your stuff hit our site prior to it hitting the Chronicle's page. Not every single time, just every now and then.
Old 11-14-2012   #25
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And by the way, Kevin ASKED us to give ideas about what he could do to incentivize the paid subscriber service.

If anybody got red-assed by my mere suggestion, then so be it. I was only offering a suggestion. I never intended to be equated with being insensitive to other people's time.

Maybe some of you shouldn't take up offenses, especially on someone else's behalf, so easily. Oh well, such is life.

TC, I meant nothing but "honor" in terms of my suggestion. I felt like you started your journalistic efforts here, and it would have been cool to have some of your stuff hit our site prior to it hitting the Chronicle's page. Not every single time, just every now and then.
When I have good stuff, I tend to put a link up here shortly after it goes live.

Not sure it would be great sending emails of stuff, because the best part of my blog posts are often the links, which would only show up if the blog post was live. I write the blog posts in the blog software.
Old 11-14-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the SCs should get admin rights to GoTitans.com each week we play them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read