Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Kollar Hospitalized Before Game

I didn't even hear about this last night. Anyone?

Quote:
Before Sunday night’s impressive 13-6 win over the Bears in a rainy and windy Soldier Field, Texans defensive line coach Bill Kollar wasn’t feeling well.

As explained by Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston, Kollar became ill. He was taken to a local hospital, where it was determined that he has a blood clot.
A. Smith called plays on the field

Quote:
“I might of messed up. Bill is going to get on me when he comes back to work. None of us really knew what had happened until after the game. After [Kubiak] told us everything is going to be all right, we know he is going to be all right. He’s going to be there next week on us like he is always on us.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-line-coac/

Hope he gets better
Old 11-12-2012   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Kollar Hospitalized Before Game

Get well Bill

Great job A.Smith. The DL didn't miss a beat considering the weather.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If he was hospitalized with a blood clot, he might be there most of this week.

The blood "thinning" drugs a hospital gives such a patient do not just work in 24 or 48 hours and you go home. If he was hospitalized, they determined it was enough to need a slow recovery time.

Otherwise, the clot breaks apart too quickly and that's when it speeds its way to the lungs and can become a pulmonary embolism...which is fatal in sometimes a matter of seconds.

I worked as a sonogram tech, scanning carotid arteries for stenosis and leg veins for deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Stressful job. Didn't last but about 8 months. LOL.
Old 11-12-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It is possible that he developed the blood clot while sitting on the plane for a couple of hours without moving around. It is unfortunate that this phenomenon happens more than most people are realize. In fact in ~5% of air travelers. This becomes more of a risk when a person has already spent time sitting in a car on the way to the airport and sitting at the airport waiting to board.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #5
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It is possible that he developed the blood clot while sitting on the plane for a couple of hours without moving around. It is unfortunate that this phenomenon happens more than most people are realize. In fact in ~5% of air travelers. This becomes more of a risk when a person has already spent time sitting in a car on the way to the airport and sitting at the airport waiting to board.
I have personal experience with this. My dad is the HR guy for Wyle Labs down in Clear Lake. My family lives in The Woodlands, so it's a good 60 mile drive for my Dad. He also has to fly up to Washington, a lot. In fact, last month, he was up there every week. They had him going up there a lot, and one week when he was actually home, he went to the doctor and they found a clot in his leg. It had actually happened twice over the summer. Luckily he is alright, and his work cut down on his trips to Washington, because with the air travel, and the commute, it certainly contributed to his clots.

I hope the best for Kollar, it is never fun to deal with these issues. I can't even imagine if they had discovered the clot in my dad while he was in Washington. Thought go out to him and his family.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read