Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans get national respect now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I'm in the "Who Cares" camp as well... BUT!

I can't wait to hear Collin Cowherd's top 10 tomorrow. For some reason, he hates the Texans so much, that I'm addicted to hear what bad he has to say about our team every week. Just this last week he had us ranked #6! Yes, I said S-I-X! His top 5 were:

1) Bears - who has never beat a team with a winning record this season
2) Steelers - yes, the team with 3 losses (two of them against the Titans & Raiders)
3) Patriots - yes, the team with 3 losses (one against the Cardinals)
4) Giants - yes, another team with 3 losses (not including this past sunday's killing)
5) Falcons - ok, i can understand them being ahead

He punished us for not beating the Bills by more. Come on... who does that? Tied for the best record in the league, we beat his precious previous #1 ranked team... I can't wait to hear his reasoning why we're still not #1 on his list.
So you pay attention to what Cowherd (first off, funny a$$ name), for the hilarity of it?? I get that.
Entertainment value.

He punished the Texans for not beating the Bills by more? What an asshat considering those same Bills had an opportunity to beat the Patriots in Foxboro...

Seriously tho, I've read this moron before but really, at the end of the day I'm in the camp that doesn't give a crap what people say or think about the Texans. I used to. I used to hate the lack of respect, but sports journalism (if there is such a thing) has turned into such a joke that I don't really pay much attention anymore.

Just keep winning because "Haters gonna hate"!!!
Old 11-12-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

On NFLN after our game, they talked about playoff caliber teams in AFC.

"Where do we put the Broncos? Number 1? 2? 3?..."

Marshall Faulk does a double take and a "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?" interrupts the host (some no-name doof) and goes, "Whuh? Huh? Uh...no, no. Not ahead of Houston. Houston's number 1."

Marshall is pretty level headed. He's not a follower, not a Group Think guy.
Old 11-12-2012   #43
Steleehin
TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 0 Steleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respectedSteleehin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch1134 View Post
I definitely think we are getting respect. I live in DFW and every game minus the first JAX game has been on tv. This includes playing the game against the Cowboys game when we played Baltimore. This has never happened.

Also, we are now getting the horribly produced Fox Sports Texans Huddle up here.

To step aside from the OP assertion, is "the Texans are the most well rounded team" compliment equivalent to "he has a great personality".

Something irks me about this compliment.
the game will not show in Austin on sunday because the cowboys and cleveland game is on at 12 pm sucks
Steleehin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #44
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't care less about national respect. The nation re-elected Barack Obama. You think I give a **** about what the people or the media complicit in that think about ANYTHING? **** 'em.

Just go and win.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 11-13-2012   #46
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are now the consensus #1 in all Power Rankings.
Old 11-13-2012   #47
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

We are now #1 in all the power rankings. How is that for respect?
Old 11-13-2012   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

you get respect when you win. Look at Atlanta...undefeated but nobody believes that they are anything but one-and-done in the playoffs. Win and respect will follow.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #49
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

We aren't going to be treated like the Pats or Colts in years past because we don't have an elite QB. We're looking at Pittsburgh-like respect.

Last edited by Allstar; 11-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #50
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Couldn't care less about national respect. The nation re-elected Barack Obama. You think I give a **** about what the people or the media complicit in that think about ANYTHING? **** 'em.

Just go and win.
I wish people would keep politics out of the football section here.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #51
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36084 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
JJ Watt and Arian Foster have been representing the Texans well on the national scene. I'm not sure what other perceived respect is required by downtrodden Texan fan, but I have not seen anyone really disrespecting the 2012 Texans.

You earn respect in this league. Now, if you are talking press coverage, then be a circus like the Jets. But coverage =/= respect, so don't get the two confused.

I like having a low profile 'lunch box' team. They all subscribe to the "just a game" mentality after they win and they play one game at a time without looking ahead and hyping themselves with b.s.
The bold is key. You nailed it. Some people just don't understand the difference between respect and media coverage. They don't necessarily go hand in hand. You will have great teams that get very little coverage (Texans, Giants, etc), bad teams that get tons of coverage (Jets as you mentioned), and good to great teams that get tons of coverage (Patriots, Packers).

We get quite a bit of respect. Maybe we don't get as much coverage, but I am ok with that.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #52
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
We are now #1 in all the power rankings. How is that for respect?
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings...r/2012/week/11

Yep, the Texans are now in the driver's seat for the BCS National Championship game.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #53
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Do the Texans get national respect now?

You got 5 games on national Tv this year including Thanksgiving day.....I think that is gettting some respect.
But you got to win those national games too.
We are 2-1 this year.
We should get 4 or 5 games nationally next year.....
Just keep winning.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I won't think we have national respect until Matt Schaub is doing DirectTV commercials

Old 11-13-2012   #55
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
We aren't going to be treated like the Pats or Colts in years past because we don't have an elite QB. We're looking at Pittsburgh-like respect.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #56
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the amount of media you want would require one of these
Old 11-13-2012   #57
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
ESPN's not gonna drool for a week leading up to a PManning-Brady game, like they would a Schaub-(insert elite QB here) game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #58
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Andre Johnson image as the backdrop for one of the shows on the nfl network. I see clips of them on espn and read about my team just about anywhere. I don't care if chris Berman or chtis collonsworth don't bob our knob the way they do teams like Dallas or nyj or ne. What I've always wanted is to root for a winner and after 8 years of krap or mediocrity that is way more important than attention and praise. I really don't understand the need to be wanted and loved by people that aren't fans. We are finally good and the record indicates that not the number of times they show Texan highlights.
Old 11-13-2012   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I see Andre Johnson image as the backdrop for one of the shows on the nfl network. I see clips of them on espn and read about my team just about anywhere. I don't care if chris Berman or chtis collonsworth don't bob our knob the way they do teams like Dallas or nyj or ne. What I've always wanted is to root for a winner and after 8 years of krap or mediocrity that is way more important than attention and praise. I really don't understand the need to be wanted and loved by people that aren't fans. We are finally good and the record indicates that not the number of times they show Texan highlights.

Didn't you once "live down by the river"??
Old 11-13-2012   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

RESPECT PLUS!

The AP Pro 32 panel unanimous..................Houston ranks #1
Quote:
HOUSTON TEXANS (1)

Chris Berman (ESPN, 1) — Forceful on both sides of football.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 1) — Tough victory at Soldier Field earns Texans the No. 1 spot.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 1)

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 1) — Impressive road win shows that they can bang with anyone, anywhere, anytime!

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 1) — A statement game for the Texans, who slogged through the rain and muck at Soldier Field to outlast the Bears. Some well-earned fist pumping from Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, whose unit one-upped the host team's D.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 1) — Arian Foster has scored a touchdown in all nine of the Texans' games and is their MVP candidate in an 8-1 season. He has 12 touchdowns in all, 10 rushing and two receiving.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 1) — The Texans' defense is good enough to get them to the Super Bowl. My question: Is Matt Schaub?

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 1) — They can beat you in a Texas shootout or a muddy defensive struggle. Choose your weapons.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 1) — The Texans deserve the top spot. They went on the road to Chicago this past week and won in very tough weather conditions. Their defense overshadowed the Bear defense.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 1) — Impressive win for the Texans in an old school, bad weather, tough, brawl vs. the Bears in Chicago. They have earned and belong in the top spot.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 1) — I perceived Chicago as the more physical team entering last Sunday night's game. Houston's 13-6 road victory proved me wrong.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 1) — They proved they are no fluke by winning against a tough Bears team in bad conditions Sunday.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read