Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2012   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pleased with our Inside Linebacker play

Sure, these guys aren't Cushing and no one will confuse them as such. But Dobbins has played as well as anyone could hope for in Cushing's absence, and James has stepped up his play as well since the beginning of the year. Even Ruud stepped in and made a tackle when Dobbins went out for a big early in the game.

We'll need these guys to continue to play at this level and probably be even better to get to the Super Bowl, but right now I'm pleased with their production especially after the all out brawl we just had.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pleased with our Inside Linebacker play

I thought Ruud looked a bit lost when he filled in for Dobbins .... Probably expected since h's relatively new to the team.

Dobbins .... Ive said it before and he's makin me say it again ..... that dude just makes plays.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

our main weakness :::::::dont let others teams see this :::::: is our middle and with COdy out of rotation that intense a fies it

is Sharpton ever coming back ....??????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I thought Ruud looked a bit lost when he filled in for Dobbins .... Probably expected since h's relatively new to the team.

Dobbins .... Ive said it before and he's makin me say it again ..... that dude just makes plays.
But he made a tackle though! lol........... He's rusty, but he did some other good things I liked though.

As for Dobbins, I saw this guy in San Diego when he first came into the league and one thing is certain when he's on the field........ You are going to get 100 percent effort from him, and he's going to hit you like you owe him money.
Old 11-11-2012   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
our main weakness :::::::dont let others teams see this :::::: is our middle and with COdy out of rotation that intense a fies it

He'll most likely be back in 2-3 weeks. Sharpton will probably send Ruud packing when he comes back, and Ruud probably knows that.
Old 11-11-2012   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

I dont think Sharpton is the answer .... Im much more comfortable with Dobbins on the field.

As for Cody .... you see what not having that guy on the field did to the rest of the DL .... they were "solid" but not near as good as they have been all year with Cody. The Bears were able to constantly double JJ Watt and get away with it.

Old 11-12-2012   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I dont think Sharpton is the answer .... Im much more comfortable with Dobbins on the field.

As for Cody .... you see what not having that guy on the field did to the rest of the DL .... they were "solid" but not near as good as they have been all year with Cody. The Bears were able to constantly double JJ Watt and get away with it.
Sharpton is more for depth right now more than anything. If we're expecting him to come back to start then that's not smart. He'll probably come in and spell James or Dobbins for a few plays here and there since he knows the system well, but I think that will be the extent of it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2012   #8
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Dobbins is doing well right now. I don't see any reason why Sharpton should replace him.
Old 11-12-2012   #9
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

They played a hell of a game tonight.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The offense didn't take the run game away from the Bears. We never got a big enough lead to force them to abandon the run.

Forte carried the ball 16 times for 39 yards. 2.44 ypc..... yeah, our MLBs did their job today.

I didn't watch the game yet, but watching the highlights, it looks like our LBs got deep, extending their pass coverage, which is amazing & something I've been saying they need to do for a long, long time. I even saw Barwin running step for step with Forte 25 yards down the field.
Old 11-12-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The offense didn't take the run game away from the Bears. We never got a big enough lead to force them to abandon the run.

Forte carried the ball 16 times for 39 yards. 2.44 ypc..... yeah, our MLBs did their job today.

I didn't watch the game yet, but watching the highlights, it looks like our LBs got deep, extending their pass coverage, which is amazing & something I've been saying they need to do for a long, long time. I even saw Barwin running step for step with Forte 25 yards down the field.
Barwin was on Forte the play before that one , mirrored him like he knew what was coming ... completed in the flat and tackled him instantly. I was kinda shocked to see him in coverage. (maybe thats Wades version of the prevent or maybe Barwin read the play)

Then I see him on the next play deep down the middle step for step with Forte .... That was borderline illegal contact on Barwin. Luckily it didnt get called / cost them.

Old 11-12-2012   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Dobbins is doing well right now. I don't see any reason why Sharpton should replace him.
These 2 guys are smart.
Old 11-12-2012   #13
WG9032
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respected

Amazing that Bradie James can start and play well. Everyone in Dallas thought he was done, nothing but a liability.
WG9032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Dobbins is filling out a check today, will he be suspended? I think he will catch a game for that hit on Cutler. We will have to see. Somebody else needs to step up!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #15
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Well Dobbins is filling out a check today, will he be suspended? I think he will catch a game for that hit on Cutler. We will have to see. Somebody else needs to step up!
We should be able to beat the Jags with anyone at that position. You pick one. I think my little nephew can handle those guys. I really think we'll rest OD, Tate, and Cody another game anyway. Hopefully we can jump out on them early, rest up, and get ready for Turkey Day.
Old 11-12-2012   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think that was a bogus call. I bet he won't be fined.
Old 11-12-2012   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

If you saw the Texans GL stand vs the Ravens in last years PO game in Baltimore you learned then that Dobbins was a real thumper with his big 4th down hit on Rice.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #18
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect he will be fined but no way could he get suspended for that hit. The runner could have slid if he wanted to not be treated like a runner.

Dobbins should be really proud of the job he's doing. I agree.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #19
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
I suspect he will be fined but no way could he get suspended for that hit. The runner could have slid if he wanted to not be treated like a runner.

Dobbins should be really proud of the job he's doing. I agree.
It was the qb and he did'nt even have the ball anymore. Dobbins could of let up. I don't think he will be suspended though.
Old 11-12-2012   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
They played a hell of a game tonight.
Yep. Bears attacked us up the middle and our guys met the challenge.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read