Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Never thought I would say these words, but...

Ryan

THIS YEAR
He's becoming one of my favorite players to watch. It's amazing what Wade has done and all of the hard work Kareem himself has put in to get better.

Waiting for GP or Ellis to come in and say wait til he goes up against an elite QB.
Considering there are only what, 3 Elite Qbs in the entire NFL, I thnk it would be safe to say Kareem Jackson is Pro Bowl bound...

too bad he won't get to play in it...

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I never thought Kareem would dig his way out the hole he played himself into but I'm glad he's come around to be a real asset. The guy can play.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
I think Vance Joseph, the DB coach, probably has a lot to do with it too. Wade Phillips will get a lot of credit because he's the DC, but you can't overlook the position coaches.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Waiting for GP or Ellis to come in and say wait til he goes up against an elite QB.
I was one of KJ's harshest critics.

I'll happily eat crow on this one.

A healthy J.JO and KJ are the best CB duo in the NFL.

chenjy9

Rookie
Pro Bowl caliber or not, KJax has come a long way since he was a rookie. It takes a lot of mental fortitude to shrug off all that constant, harsh criticism to dig himself out of a hole and into a very good cornerback. Not a lot of guys can do that. Some need new environments, others are ruined forever. I strongly believe KJax will be a much better player after overcoming what he has.

PapaL

Loose Screw
That open field tackle was a thing I beauty. Dude ha seriously put his big boy pants on and man'd up.

ThaJokaa

True Texans Fan
Yup, ive always supported KJac even thru all his struggles He gambled and won and that INT tho, he saw Cutler stare down his WR and he jumped on it

dream_team

Hall of Fame
The play where KJax fell in coverage... where Chris Collinsworth was making a big deal about Marshall being wide open and Campbell missed it.

Is that a legal play? Just wondering what the rules are there. It looked like zone coverage and KJ was sitting in his zone, then Marshall simply just runs him over. Legal?

stingray

Hall of Fame
Just because you posted on this board over and over how much you disliked kareem, doesn't make you the biggest hater. It just makes you the most vocal hater. I think a lot of folks had given up on Kareem about the point he started turning it around. Congrats to him, and I will eat a little crow.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
That was a wicked move he put on the ball on that INT. :fostering:
That was a wicked coverage design .... Wade is the man.

If you watch Jackson , he follows the WR across the field in motion making the QB think its man coverage when it was a zone under.

Jackson did play it to perfection.

Great design and great execution.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
just realized it was Marshall who he picked off lol
Thats exactly why Jackson was in the position to begin with .... The coverage was designed to bracket Marshall.

Speaking of Marshall .... That dude is a freaking monster. Props to J.Jo for keeping him in check tonight , especially in crunch time.

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
The way KJ has been playing this year, he deserves all the credit he gets. Nice to show his improved skill on nationally televised game.

Go KJ!!!

Go Texans!!!

76Texan

Hall of Fame
That was a wicked coverage design .... Wade is the man.

If you watch Jackson , he follows the WR across the field in motion making the QB think its man coverage when it was a zone under.

Jackson did play it to perfection.

Great design and great execution.
Thats exactly why Jackson was in the position to begin with .... The coverage was designed to bracket Marshall.

Speaking of Marshall .... That dude is a freaking monster. Props to J.Jo for keeping him in check tonight , especially in crunch time.
It was still man coverage, but we had a three-way going against 12 personnel.

With two receivers running routes, we only need two guys playing deep.
On this D call, we had JJo and Quin playing deep.
We had the right call for this pattern; the inside receiver that ran the vertical was left to Quin while KJax looked to jump the underneath route that Marshall ran.

Perfect call; perfect execution! :texflag:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
The play where KJax fell in coverage... where Chris Collinsworth was making a big deal about Marshall being wide open and Campbell missed it.

Is that a legal play? Just wondering what the rules are there. It looked like zone coverage and KJ was sitting in his zone, then Marshall simply just runs him over. Legal?
Anybody remember when that play happened; I'd like to go back and watch it.

In the meantime, here are the rules:

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
It was still man coverage, but we had a three-way going against 12 personnel.

With two receivers running routes, we only need two guys playing deep.
On this D call, we had JJo and Quin playing deep.
We had the right call for this pattern; the inside receiver that ran the vertical was left to Quin while KJax looked to jump the underneath route that Marshall ran.

Perfect call; perfect execution! :texflag:
It was not man coverage , it was a zone under designed to bracket Marshall .... with Jackson responsible for the seam and J.Jo the outside .... the safeties were responsible for the deep routes. Its pretty easy to see from the backfield view ..... After the ball is thrown.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

Believe there were ~8minutes left in the final frame.

If its within 5 yards its a legal chuck. Outside of that five yards .... Its not.

I think it was probably beyond 5 yards .... tho not sure how far , Maybe Marshall sold the contact being mutual or it was borderline on the 5 yards and not called.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
It was not man coverage , it was a zone under designed to bracket Marshall .... with Jackson responsible for the seam and J.Jo the outside .... the safeties were responsible for the deep routes. Its pretty easy to see from the backfield view ..... After the ball is thrown.
Sure, if you like to call it zone, you could; but if you look at all the other defenders, you can see man.

Quin was the original single deep safety.

Barwin jumped on the TE #89 on play side.

Dobbins was spying on the RB; when this guy stayed back to block, Dobbins came in on the delayed pass rush.

Manning was on the other TE (#87) on the other side; when this guy stayed back to engage Reed, Manning dropped back into coverage to help Quin on the post route (ran by KJax's man.)

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Anyone been keeping up with Dunta?

It's not something I do, but I was watching highlights of their game today & it seemed like Dunta was in every single on of them when the Saints made a big play.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
haha well i give the kid props. He has really turned it around this season. That INT tonight was a thing of beauty. I'm happy for KJ and glad to have him "NOW".

BlueSteel

Waterboy
I know, look at Holliday...........
I think Holliday is havng success on the Broncos because our special teams are just THAT bad.

I couldn't care less if a certain returner for the Ravens does well. He reached the point where he appeared to be content collecting paychecks on the Texans and gave no effort. I am glad he is gone and if him losing his job here was a wake up call and got him back to working hard, then good for him.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I think Holliday is havng success on the Broncos because our special teams are just THAT bad.

I couldn't care less if a certain returner for the Ravens does well. He reached the point where he appeared to be content collecting paychecks on the Texans and gave no effort. I am glad he is gone and if him losing his job here was a wake up call and got him back to working hard, then good for him.
Didnt he put one on the turf a week or two back for the Bronco's ???

Hell , that TD he scored today shouldnt have been a TD , it shoulda been a fumble out of the back of the endzone .... Panthers ball at the 20.
There was also a block in the back on that play that went uncalled.

Its feast or famine with Tricycle .... He makes some great plays then makes a horrible decision.

417Texan

Waterboy
One of my biggest things about Kareem is how solid his tackling and run support is. Man I was so sick of Marshall pushing off all nite and getting away with it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Definitely looked like it was man coverage. Kj peeked in the back field, saw Cutler eyeballing Marshall & he jumped the route. Great play & awareness by Kj,

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Kareem played very well last night, as did other members of our defense.
Kareem doesn't have long-speed ? Tell Devin Hester that: I saw KJ stick with the very fast Bears receiver, step for step, on a couple long pass-routes. And Kareem is without question among the best open-field tacklers in NFL CB ranks.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
I'm really happy for KJ. He seems to have really dedicated himself since JJo's arrival.

On a side note; did any of y'all see the pass he defensed on the sideline? He had turned around to celebrate or something while the ball had been kicked back up in the air, landing right by his feet. Our entire sideline was jumping around yelling. It's kinda funny now, but KJ could've easily had another pick had he stayed with the play longer.

Maybe one of you gif gurus can do something with it if you find it

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I used to rip Kareem Jackson hard man!! I mean I couldn't stand him, but last night during the game I told me buddy at half time, KJ is effing legit now IMO. He totally has developed and I'm happy to say thrown egg on my face.

When I duck my head in the fridge to get something and I hear something big be given up on Defense....I don't automatically assume KJ got burned....and that says a lot as I always 100% of the time just assumed he did something stupid or fell down...and 99% of the time that did used to be the case....but not anymore

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You're right

But you're not going to win a discussion with 76 on stuff like this. He's never wrong. LOL

Porky

Hall of Fame
I was one of KJ's harshest critics.

I'll happily eat crow on this one.

A healthy J.JO and KJ are the best CB duo in the NFL.
The Jets might have an argument to the contrary with a healthy Revis.

I'm coming here to officially eat my crow. I thought the guy was a bust. He still has very average speed, and once in a while still gets burned deep....but man has he come a LONG way. Not only is he not a bust, he is becoming one of the top #2 CB in the NFL. Unreal turnaround.

He's thinking like an elite level CB. You don't have to have elite speed if you know what the QB and the WR are thinking and what they are trying to do.

A perfect example of that is last night when he totally anticipated Cutler's pass. KJ breaks off his man practically before it left Cutler's arm, broke perfectly on the ball and picked it off. Beautiful. Kudos to Vance Joseph, but even bigger kudos to KJ. He used his doubters as fuel. You can either light a match and burn it down, or throw it in the tank to fuel your passion. He did the latter, and I couldn't be more pleased to be so wrong.