Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012   #1261
X-Factor
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 X-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

Good win by you guys, congrats. Wish the weather was better, and Cutler was healthy, but no excuses. Houston was the better team tonight. Good, statement win by the Texans on the road. the path to the superbowl may very well go through Houston this season.
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1262
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

I had to take care of my son's school thing and missed almost everything. How was it?

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1263
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I had to take care of my son's school thing and missed almost everything. How was it?

Go Texans!!!
exactly as advertised. cold, rainy, and a fight to see who had the best defense - we won.
Old 11-12-2012   #1264
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
exactly as advertised. cold, rainy, and a fight to see who had the best defense - we won.
Thanks Scooter. I was following the game from mobile but no picture just play by play on NFL.COM. Seems like a lots of turn over by both sides early but I guess we prevailed at the end. Did we looked tougher than Chicago?
Old 11-12-2012   #1265
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 31193 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Thanks Scooter. I was following the game from mobile but no picture just play by play on NFL.COM. Seems like a lots of turn over by both sides early but I guess we prevailed at the end. Did we looked tougher than Chicago?
Both teams looked really tough. We made more plays and once we got ahead we handed the game over to the defense, who did not disappoint.
Old 11-12-2012   #1266
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Really hurt not having Daniels out there, particularly on 3rd downs. He is a first down machine.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1267
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Both teams looked really tough. We made more plays and once we got ahead we handed the game over to the defense, who did not disappoint.
Thanks dc. I was hoping our D rattle Cutler but they actually took him out of the game. Hope, Cutler is OK but he has no business trying to go up in the middle and not expecting getting hurt. At least he can do is trying to slide.
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2012   #1268
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1022 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cutler football Iq is not very high. I saw him being knocked out or with a concussion does not shock me. Guy was trying to show his toughness instead of playing smart. Solid team game by the defense.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1269
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

"Even though their defense has taken the fore from a offense that put up good fantasy numbers in years past, it was hard to describe the Texans as a hard team.

But then they went into Soldier Field and out-Bearsed the Bears."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-move-to-8-1/
Old 11-12-2012   #1270
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Really hurt not having Daniels out there, particularly on 3rd downs. He is a first down machine.
missing daniels was gigantic in my opinion - this very likely would've been a route if he were in. schaub tends to rely a little too heavily on andre when daniels is out, and tries to make much more difficult throws because we dont get a whole lot of separation.
Old 11-12-2012   #1271
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1022 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
missing daniels was gigantic in my opinion - this very likely would've been a route if he were in. schaub tends to rely a little too heavily on andre when daniels is out, and tries to make much more difficult throws because we dont get a whole lot of separation.
Agree Daniels was missed big time. Guy is very underrated TE and we know he is good but media sleeps on him. I like it that way.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1272
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I was surprised we didn't get the ball in Casey's hands with OD out. Ugly win in ugly weather. I'll take it.
Old 11-12-2012   #1273
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hey, I'm the one who was mad for Gary taking so long to figure it out in the first half.

Took him long enough. I guess the rain softened his skull enough that it finally soaked into his brain that we could GASP! win with running and defense!!!

Once he figured it out, he stuck with it the rest of the game. The toss to Graham for the FG setup was about as gutsy as he got all 2nd half, which was perfect IMO.

But he almost really screwed us over with all the passes to middle and deeper routes in first half. He almost didn't adjust in time. Agree?
Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1274
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Awesome.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1275
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Partially agree. Teams know we want to come out & run the ball so they start out games against us stacking the box. This is why Gary & the offense 90% of the time come out slinging it & running tempo pass plays; you have to show teams that you're willing to throw it downfield to move those guys out of the box....or at least get them thinking about the pass. This game was no different.

So while i agree that passing the ball...in those conditions....with an average arm qb who'd already thrown a few picks almost blew up in our faces, those plays were there to be made; the conditions just weren't ideal.

You could also argue that Foster doesn't have those lanes to run through if Gary abandons the pass too early & we become 1 dimensional...Besides, the lone TD of the game was a pass play...a great throw by Schaub & certainly a great catch by Foster.
I came to that same conclusion after I had time to decompress an hour later.

There just should have been more 3-step drop routes: Slants, curls, RB-in-the-flats type of plays. Everybody was having a hard time catching passes out there, the deeper the throw the harder to catch it. We could have slung it to AJ every other play, and he would have gained 5 yards each time.

I'm fine now. I just really felt like Kubiak almost waited too late to adjust.
Old 11-12-2012   #1276
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Man the weather looks miserable.
It was miserable but worth it.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1277
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Exactly. The way I saw the Bears was playing D, I thought Kubiak was making the right calls. All of the LBs were being too aggressive against the run and leaving the middle of the field wide open. I was thinking, they can go play action on every play. Unfortunately, the players couldn't execute.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #1278
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seņor Stan: Knock Knock

Bears Fan at work: Who's there?

Seņor Stan: Chicago

Bears fan at work: (hesitates...) Chicago who?

Seņor Stan: Exactly. (walks away)
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read