Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

The Night Game, Part III

Quote:
An extremely opportunistic defense has helped the Chicago Bears take advantage of a favorable first-half schedule and build plenty of confidence for what is expected to be a more grueling second half.

A balanced offense and strong defense are two major reasons why the Houston Texans have the best record in the AFC.

Two of the NFL's top teams meet Sunday night at Soldier Field when the Texans try to prevent the Bears from winning seven straight games for the first time in six years.

This contest is expected to be a good test for both 7-1 teams that hope to make it to New Orleans come February. Each team's only loss came to the surging Green Bay Packers, and the Bears are 4-0 at home while Houston is 3-0 on the road.

"Each game as you continue to win, the stakes go up a little bit higher," Bears coach Lovie Smith. "We realize that and we're going to embrace it. We're going to embrace this national stage that we have this Sunday night."

Only one of Chicago's victories has come against a team with a winning record heading into Week 10, and Sunday begins a stretch where it plays seven of its final eight against opponents at .500 or better. Looking to win seven in a row for the first time since opening 7-0 in 2006, the Bears welcome the challenge.

"I don't want the guys to start thinking, 'Hey, let's hold on, something bad's going to happen,''' Smith said. "We're a good football team. We're excited about playing the Texans. I see our team getting better and better. We haven't peaked yet.''

It's hard to believe the Bears can get better defensively.

They are second in the NFL in scoring defense at 15.0 points per game, tied for third with 25 sacks and lead the league with 28 forced turnovers. Charles Tillman forced four fumbles and Brian Urlacher returned an interception 46 yards for Chicago's seventh defensive touchdown in last Sunday's 51-20 rout at Tennessee.

"(The Bears) are very well-built in what they do and they've been together for a long time,'' Houston coach Gary Kubiak said. "What they're doing speaks for itself. We have a serious task ahead of us.''

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem...me-day-morning

Quote:
What I want to see:

Screens and more screens

It's time. It's time to break these out. Foster hasn't been featured much in the screen game. Time for that to change.

Attack the Bears interior line

They have some of the weaker guards in the league. It's time to further exploit this portion of their line.

Keep feeding Andre

8, 9 and 8. That's Dre's catch total the last few weeks. That right there...keep doing it. Tillman, Revis or whoever; keep going to your workhorse.

Frustrate Mr. Cutler

Letting him get hot is not up for discussion. Blitzing him, getting in his face with just 4 rushers, and batting some balls down could play a key role in doing this.

Ahh, yes...the night game again, folks. Time to show this country what's up this time. The goals don't change, however. 1-0 each week is first and foremost. Let's walk into Soldier Field 7-1, leave 8-1, and make sure the loud sound the rest of the country heard were the Texan fans going nuts after a big time W! LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

Love ya Shark!!!
Old 11-11-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

I think (hope) the Texans will win big!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

38-17 Texans
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm expecting the worst, which is not terrible (7-2), and hoping for the best.
Old 11-11-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
38-17 Texans
Dude, you're way more optimistic than I am.

I'm thinking 27-14, with the Texans leading 13-7 at the half.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

SO is KW OD and Ben tate playing if not we are in trouble
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2012   #8
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50843 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
SO is KW OD and Ben tate playing if not we are in trouble
KW is a go, Cody and Tate are out, OD is likely going to play.
Old 11-11-2012   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I am looking forward to our D to rattle Cutler all day.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #10
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate waiting the whole day for primetime games.
Old 11-11-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

urgh game doesn't kick off until 1am over here, and for some reason I'm not confident as much as I'd love to be.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be furious if this game gets spoiled for me.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #13
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

12 hours away still, FML. I wish I could go back to sleep for another 10 hours. Go Texans!
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
12 hours away still, FML. I wish I could go back to sleep for another 10 hours. Go Texans!
Thankfully, I own my own company and can go to work anytime I like. Working really is the best thing for passing the time... soo... headed to work in a few minutes!
Old 11-11-2012   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

power outage screwed with my cable box and now I'm waiting for an update to be downloaded on my comcast box so the HD displays correctly. Yech.

In any case, Go Texans!!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Another long wait time, but can't wait for this game. We should probably sticky this thread and take down the Baltimore game day thread.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #17
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

I just have a feeling this game is going to have a lot of highs and lows. So much adrenaline just to watch this game as fan... it's a regular season game yet I feel like it has a playoff feel to it for some reason.
Old 11-11-2012   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Another long wait time, but can't wait for this game. We should probably sticky this thread and take down the Baltimore game day thread.
Hell no! That game was a thing of beauty. I've rewatched it about six times now and re-read the thread twice.

L-O-L!

Old 11-11-2012   #19
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

We should see a steady dose of these.

The flip card.

The ref: Gene Steratore

OLB CONNOR BARWIN
• Can register a sack in three consecutive games for the first time this season and the third time in his career.

RB ARIAN FOSTER
• Can extend his team record by scoring a touchdown in his 11th con- secutive regular-season game. Including the playoffs, Foster has scored in 12 straight games.
• Needs 1 rushing TD to reach 40 for his career.
• Needs 133 rushing yards to reach 4,000 for his career.

WR ANDRE JOHNSON
• Can extend his franchise-record streak of consecutive games played with a reception to 91.
• Needs 2 receptions to reach 750 for his career.
• Needs 3 receptions to pass Hall of Fame WRs Charlie Joiner and Michael Irvin (750) for 30th on the NFL’s all-time receptions list.
• Can record his 41st career 100-yard receiving game and third this season.
• Needs 49 receiving yards to pass Hall of Fame WR Lance Alworth (10,266) for 33rd on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.

DE J.J. WATT
• Needs 2.0 sacks to pass Connor Barwin (11.5, 2011) and Mario Williams (12.0, 2008) for the second-highest single-season total in team history. Williams holds the franchise record with 14.0 sacks in 2007.
Old 11-11-2012   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win the turnover battle, we win this game. Oh, and we don't kick the ball anywhere close to Hester.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read