Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2012   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Chicago Bears Will Not Beat the Houston Texans Sunday Night

By Sam Householder on Nov 9 -
Windy City Gridiron, a Chicago Bears community

After a wonderful six game winning streak and a magical 7-1 start to the season, I hate to say it Bears fans but it all ends this week. The Bears cannot hang with the Houston Texans.

I write this not as a massive pessimist but as a realist...

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/201...s-sunday-night

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ans-highlights
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Chicago Bears Will Not Beat the Houston Texans Sunday Night

Did they move the game to noon??

Old 11-10-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really, really hoping Barwin steps it up this game.
Old 11-10-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Who did the bears lose to ....??? i forget the Packers ..?????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Don't forget that Schaub had won in the frozen tundra.
What's the big deal about the Windy City?
Old 11-10-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Who did the bears lose to ....??? i forget the Packers ..?????
Uhuh, they lost 23-10 even without silly mistakes like Posier lining up in the neutral zone or Barwin jumping over a defender.
Old 11-11-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Majority of Chicago media figures (including Bears HOF DT Dan Hampton) pick the Texans to win over their Bears (7 to 5).

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/...rs-win-streak/

Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2012   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They didn't as far as I know. 7:20, am I crazy or due to contracts this game can't be moved?
Old 11-11-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I don't know if this link has been posted or not, but the NFL.com pannel likes the Texans 3 to 1:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ek-10-matchups

Brian Burke at Advancednflstats gave the Texans a 57% chance of winning the game.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...nt-be-so-sure/
Old 11-11-2012   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Daniel Manning with boo boo. Didn't want to see that one now he is a Texan.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
They didn't as far as I know. 7:20, am I crazy or due to contracts this game can't be moved?
See, the title of this thread is that the "Bears Will Not Beat the Houston Texans Sunday Night"

My reply was, "Did they move the game to noon?" & I added the facetious little playing with a ball of yarn to signify the tongue & cheek (not really funny) tone of my post.
Old 11-11-2012   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't know if this link has been posted or not, but the NFL.com pannel likes the Texans 3 to 1:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ek-10-matchups

Brian Burke at Advancednflstats gave the Texans a 57% chance of winning the game.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...nt-be-so-sure/
I think Vegas has us as 1.5 point dogs... I don't know what to make of that yet.
Old 11-11-2012   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just one of those games that could go either way. Personally, I think the Texans can take this game and by more than 10 points. But I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think Vegas has us as 1.5 point dogs... I don't know what to make of that yet.
The home team gets a 3 points advantage so basically, Vegas is saying that we're the better team.

The 1 to 1-1/2 point is just like pick-em.
One thing for sure is that the Bears will not win the game by 1 point.
Old 11-11-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
This is just one of those games that could go either way. Personally, I think the Texans can take this game and by more than 10 points. But I guess we'll have to just wait and see.
Thorn is much less apprehensive nowadays; way to go Thorn!
Old 11-11-2012   #16
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

With the 2 point home field advantage rule... we are considered the favorite on even ground...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
With the 2 point home field advantage rule... we are considered the favorite on even ground...
You mean 3 point ?!?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read