Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bears-Texans Analysis: Greg Cosell breaks it down...

Quote:
Being in Chicago reunited with Bears quarterback Jay Cutler certainly has agreed with Brandon Marshall. He is second in the league behind Indianapolis wide receiver Reggie Wayne with 99.6 receiving yards per game. Heading into Week 10, he ranked fourth in the league with 59 receptions, behind Minnesota's Harvin (62), Wayne (61) and New England's Wes Welker (60). He is tied for second with seven touchdowns and tied for fifth with 11 catches of at least 20 yards.

"Cutler will throw the ball to a covered receiver," said Greg Cosell, executive producer of ESPN's "NFL Matchup." "That's why Marshall is so important. He can make contested catches. Jay throws it into a one-on-one matchup, whether the receiver is open or not. He believes 'my guy has to win and make the catch.' Marshall, with his size, wingspan and catching radius, he can make those catches."
Two more HUGE paragraphs await your viewing pleasure IF you click on this link to the full article. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, just before the comments section. It's in a section titled "All-22."
Old 11-10-2012   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bears-Texans Analysis: Greg Cosell breaks it down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Two more HUGE paragraphs await your viewing pleasure IF you click on this link to the full article. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, just before the comments section. It's in a section titled "All-22."
Good find. Thanks for posting. And you're totally right about the last two paragraphs....

Quote:
The Bears' first eight opponents this season have a combined 27-39 record. Their next eight have a combined 42-27 record, starting Sunday with the 7-1 Houston Texans.

... "The Texans create pressure with J.J. Watt against the guard. The Bears' guards aren't going to block him one-on-one.

Can Watt & Co. get to Cutler before he gets the ball away? Can we pressure him into bad throws? I'm thinking yes.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

From the article
Quote:
And, Chicago got Brandon Marshall for a reason. I'm sure the Texans will put Johnathan Joseph on him, but Marshall's got to win those matchups. That's why you've got him."
But... but.. Johnathan Joseph has got to win those matchups... that's why we got him.
Old 11-10-2012   #4
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
From the article

But... but.. Johnathan Joseph has got to win those matchups... that's why we got him.
I didn't look at the Greenbay stats but I'm pretty sure JJo has held the opposing #1 receiver under their avg for every game he has played with us (another possible exception: Saints last year)
Old 11-10-2012   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
From the article

My question is: Has J-Jo recovered completely from his groin issues?? If so, I'm good with the match-up. If not, my worry meter just crossed over into the yellow zone. ...not red yet, but definitely yellow.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
My question is: Has J-Jo recovered completely from his groin issues?? If so, I'm good with the match-up. If not, my worry meter just crossed over into the yellow zone. ...not red yet, but definitely yellow.
He looked pretty good against the Bills and the Ravens so, I'd say he's recovered somewhat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read