Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The little detail of weather

I think that most of us will accept that the low temp expected tomorrow night (~40 F) will probably not be much if any a worry for our players. However, winds are expected to be ~20-25 mph with gusts possibly to 40 mph. This may affect the passing strategy of the game. Then lastly, but in my opinion, the most important factor if the 80% forecast for showers and thunderstorms. This affects passing, running, potential turnover rate and the most dreaded potential for injuries.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #2
clutch
Rookie

Rep Power: 960 clutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respectedclutch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The little detail of weather

as long as we get out of there with no major injuries..ill take that as a win..
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Says 30% chance of showers on Google.
Old 11-10-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Says 30% chance of showers on Google.
That's during the daytime. Actually they've just updated to 100% at night on Weather.com
Old 11-10-2012   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

59, rainy, a little windy. In Seattle we call that a heat wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That's during the daytime. Actually they've just updated to 100% at night on Weather.com
Meh. Just as big a disadvantage to them as it is us. When the weather is bad the running game is the only way to win. I think we run the ball better than them so if anything it works in our favor.

I see no huge shift in advantage to either team due to weather.
Old 11-10-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Meh. Just as big a disadvantage to them as it is us. When the weather is bad the running game is the only way to win. I think we run the ball better than them so if anything it works in our favor.

I see no huge shift in advantage to either team due to weather.
Didn't imply any advantage. Just a funneling of scheme.........and an increased concern for injuries.
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Good weather site for NFL:

Click image for hourly/updated forecast

I wonder if our slick, gappy home turf will have prepared us for a soggy Soldier Field?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #9
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't imply any advantage. Just a funneling of scheme.........and an increased concern for injuries.
Fair enough. Soldier field, being an outdoor field, should be kept in a little better condition than most. Not saying it won't be defect free when the rain starts but I bet it will hold up a little better and therefore not cause as many injuries as say, our field if it rained. Then again, we would just close the dome.

No major injuries shall be the mantra of Sunday. Run the ball. Run the clock. Take the points as they come, FG or TD. Fly back home to Houston at 8-1.

Looks like I just game planned. Didn't know it was that easy.
Old 11-10-2012   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, no injury that is a key. We still got many games left prior to playoffs.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Current update; game time temperature expected to be in the mid 50s with rain chance at 60% and increasing. Temperature toward game end should be in the low 50s, perhaps high 40s. Looks like it will be a wet one.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #12
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Current update; game time temperature expected to be in the mid 50s with rain chance at 60% and increasing. Temperature toward game end should be in the low 50s, perhaps high 40s. Looks like it will be a wet one.
That's ok. I like seeing a football game played on a real, muddy field every so often. As it ought to be, as opposed these indoor games.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Winds approaching 25 mph at kickoff calming down to ~15 mph as light rain increases to steady rainfall and temps fall down to ~50* by 11:00pm. Will surely be a factor, especially on special teams.

Sunday Night Football: A Wet, Windy Headache?
Jon Erdman Published: Nov 11, 2012, 8:36 AM EST weather.com
Old 11-11-2012   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

It's gonna be raining its ass off tonight. Check out the radar.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
That's ok. I like seeing a football game played on a real, muddy field every so often. As it ought to be, as opposed these indoor games.
I agree. Its fun seeing the elements get involved in a football game even if its us. I just dont want any injuries....plus the win.

Is that so much to ask?

Also, I cant help but think how much we are going to miss Ben Tate tonight especially assuming we are going to run the ball so much. We could use him to spell Arian and keep clock running. Forsett just isnt impressing me at this point.
Old 11-11-2012   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Forsett just isnt impressing me at this point.
If Forsett can't shine on a slippery surface....

I'd like to see Grimes get some work if we get bogged down.
Old 11-11-2012   #17
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Soldier field, being an outdoor field, should be kept in a little better condition than most. Not saying it won't be defect free when the rain starts but I bet it will hold up a little better and therefore not cause as many injuries as say, our field if it rained.
If I remember correctly, Soldier field was known for being one of the worst fields in the NFL, especially when it rains. Even the Bears have complained about it essentially turning into a mud pit at times. This game may not feature a whole lot of offense (not sure if it would under normal circumstances either). I just hope nobody gets hurt...
Old 11-11-2012   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Can't be as bad as Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
If I remember correctly, Soldier field was known for being one of the worst fields in the NFL, especially when it rains. Even the Bears have complained about it essentially turning into a mud pit at times. This game may not feature a whole lot of offense (not sure if it would under normal circumstances either). I just hope nobody gets hurt...
As I posted before, there has been great pressure for the field to be converted to Field Turf.
Old 11-11-2012   #20
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we still have that rule where they all go short sleeve in cold weather games to psych the opposition out who think the Texas team can't handle the cold?
We will remember them.
welsh texan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read