Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2005   #41
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
You also have to remember that Carr is a better passing QB than Vick. Carr last year completed 61% of his passes while Vick only completed 56%. I would love to see Price here as the Texans #2 and keep Gaffney at #3.

Gaffney doesn't have the speed to play on the outside and belongs in the slot.
yea but gaffeny isnt our #2 bradford is, Gaffney is a slot reciever. hes never lined up outside unless it was a all go.
Old 06-07-2005   #42
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a general question. Isnt Peerless the Atlanta number one receiver? If that is true, who is their number 2 or 3. It is possible his numbers are down becuase he is targeted becuase there is nobody else there who can take pressure off him. It is also possible he is overrated. I am not sure which.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #43
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
Just a general question. Isnt Peerless the Atlanta number one receiver? If that is true, who is their number 2 or 3. It is possible his numbers are down becuase he is targeted becuase there is nobody else there who can take pressure off him. It is also possible he is overrated. I am not sure which.
overrated....that simple.
Old 06-07-2005   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no interest in seeing Price in a Texans uniform. We've got all the answers we need at the WR spot right now.

That pretty much goes for most of team. The pieces are here, I wish that time would pick it up a little and we could see them hit the field. I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of reading the flood of "Oh let's get him!" comments everytime someone's name comes up that the majority of fans recognize.

It's like people are stuck in that whole "we've got nobody" mentality and they can't get past thinking like that. We've had four drafts now plus one expansion draft. We've signed free agents every year since 2002. We have players. We don't need everyones cast offs.
Old 06-07-2005   #45
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If not for Gaffney and Armstrong, we don't be KC in KC. If not for Gaffney, we don't beat Tenn in Tenn, and we don't beat Chicago in Chicago.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #46
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
yea but gaffeny isnt our #2 bradford is, Gaffney is a slot reciever. hes never lined up outside unless it was a all go.
Gaffney was a number #2 before Andre got here. So yes he has been a #2 and wasn't any good at it.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #47
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I say save the money and hand out those nifty foam Texans ice chests on fan appreciation day.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2005   #48
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gaffney was a number #2 before Andre got here. So yes he has been a #2 and wasn't any good at it.
Nobody was any good at anything on the offense that year (our inaugural year). Carr broke the sack record, we had no running game, and Gaff was a rookie starting with a rookie QB and LT. Kind of unfair to put that all on Gaff's shoulders.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #49
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was a rookie, playing with a rookie QB, a horrible OL, with Billy Miller and Bradford running routes with him.

The point now is, will Price clearly upgrade what we can do at WR now. I don't think he can: AJ, Gaffney, Armstrong, Bradford, Mathis is a very good WR group.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #50
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

What great receiver replaced Price in Atlanta that they can afford to cut him when they KNOW Vick better learn how to pass the ball (which requires receivers that can get open) if the Falcons want Vick around for an ENTIRE season???

Price is a plug.... For you non-horseman in Texas...a "plug" is a gelding that can not race anymore.

Why was Price cut? "Think" people! He can't be that great...
Old 06-07-2005   #51
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I was thinking the same thing. The cards were stacked against Gaffney. I would like to see him continue to help get first downs in the offense. If he does that then we are getting what we should out of a slot reciever.
Old 06-07-2005   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye
Why was Price cut? "Think" people! He can't be that great...
That is a good question to ask...if he gets cut. I don't think he is going anywhere.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #53
Texansbacker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
I say save the money and hand out those nifty foam Texans ice chests on fan appreciation day.
I second the ice chest motion.

Let's find out how the wideouts perform this year before we look to other models and possibly overspend on a lemon.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #54
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That is a good question to ask...if he gets cut. I don't think he is going anywhere.
i think the falcons are trying to get him to reitre, rather than just cut him and let him loose... from CBSsportline.com
Quote:
According to reports, Peerless Price might be forced to retire because of an inoperable retinal condition. The Falcons discovered the problem last season but believed the disorder was treatable.
so not only should he not be brought here, if this is the case, the guy should not be playing anywhere, and put himself in any more harm
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #55
J Poet

I think the Texans should look at Az-Zahir Hakim i think this will put more speed in the passing game, with his speed he can give Johnson more room to wiggle... and play his part. Just like Moss & Porter situation
Old 06-07-2005   #56
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
i thought that lewis guy was our #2 jermain or somethin i could be really wrong i was young at the time i dont really remember i just remember him fumbling and dropping passes all the time
Old 06-07-2005   #57
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
i thought that lewis guy was our #2 jermain or somethin i could be really wrong i was young at the time i dont really remember i just remember him fumbling and dropping passes all the time
Ya, I thought he was at the start but got put into the slot after not to long.
Old 06-07-2005   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Jermaine Lewis started two games in 2002. Jabar Gaffney started 14.
Old 06-07-2005   #59
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Poet
I think the Texans should look at Az-Zahir Hakim i think this will put more speed in the passing game, with his speed he can give Johnson more room to wiggle... and play his part. Just like Moss & Porter situation
I don't think too much of Hakim. We already have a ton of speed at WR. AJ, Bradford, Starling, and Mathis are all very fast guys. Armstrong is pretty quick as well, but I wouldn't call him a burner. Gaffney isn't all that speedy, but he's got excellent hands just like Armstrong. I can't imagine there being much room on the squad for Az.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #60
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i thought that lewis guy was our #2...
Well, he played like #2.

I wonder if there are any Lewis #84 jerseys available? I just had a brainstrom: Collect all of the defunct ex-Texan Replica Jerseys. Boselli, Lewis, Glenn, Sharper, Eric Brown...am I missing anyone?

Last edited by Lucky; 06-07-2005 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Left out the Replica Jersey part
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read