Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2012   #41
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: week 10 VS Bears. Lets Predict :)

Protecting the ball on offense, and kicking away from Hester are the keys to this game. I dont care if the punts go 30 yards then out of bounds, just dont let Hester get the ball. He is a threat every time he touches the ball against a good ST, imagine what he would do to ours.

I think the Texans win this one,27-17
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #42
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bears defense in my opinion is MUCH better than their offense, BUT I see a replay of the Greenbay game. The refs have decided this one already. Expect to see lots of BS calls, the commentators to say how the Texans haven't faced any "real" opponents and are playing out of their league etc. Biased commentators and refs and lots of BS calls and frustration.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Bears go ten-in-the-box & Tillman single-handedly shuts down Texans passing game, Bears 17-6.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #44
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me or does it seem that every team is ready for US...but we don't always look ready for every team?!

I am concerned about several things on both sides of the ball.

A Texans win over the Bears will be due to a HUGE game by our D. Gotta get to the QB and cause errors. This scenario equals a big win.

Otherwise it's gonna be a loss by less than 10.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #45
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, guys.

My wife and I are going to fly up to Chicago, spend some time with some friends of ours, and take them to the game.

That means -- we lose.

I don't get to go to many Texans' games -- about 1 per year since 2006 -- and when I do, they lose. Except when we played the Jaguars on a Thursday Night in our Battle Red ketchup bottle unis. And then when we were leaving the stadium, we got t-boned by a car coming out of an apartment complex.

So we're going to lose and it's my fault.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #46
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

It sure is hard to pick the Texans after seeing the week 9 outcomes for the Bears and the Texans games.

Offensively, Cutler relies HEAVILY on Brandon Marshall, then there's Matt Forte and his TE's. The remainder of their receivers are complimentary or gadget players. What's amazed me this season in the games I've seen is when you KNOW Cutler will be looking to Brandon Marshall and damn if the guy isn't open. I don't know if that's more a result of Brandon's ability or poor scheming on D. But, I do think if you can find a way to take Brandon Marshall out of the mix, and keep Forte in check(<100 yds), it will take the Bears out of their comfort zone offensively. Overall, we all know that Houston's strength in matching up against the Bears will be our defense.

Defensively, the Bears are one of the better in the league overall. While average against the pass, excellent run stoppers, they are the class of the league in sacks, turnovers and points allowed. This won't be a walk in the park for Arian. Tim Jennings has made some amazing plays and I imagine will be a tough matchup for Andre. Briggs and Ulracher on our TE's will be challenging. Overall, unlike against the Packers where Clay Mathews was the Elephant in the room, the Bears are really solid all over. To me, the Texans will be in trouble if Matt Schaub can't stand in the pocket and find the open man. I DONT want to see him "Forcing" it into Dre. He has to take what the Defense allows.

IMO, given the obvious differential on Special Teams and the Home Field advantage, Matt has to be able to succeed. That's the most critical element offensively. Defensively, Houston doesn't need to dominate, which I wouldn't mind if they do, but they do have to keep Cutler scrambling, Marshall contained and Forte in check. Marshall is the biggest concern I have defensively.

While I like JoJo, I think he will need and get help from Manning and Houston win's the battle on Marshall overall. But I have concerns with Houston's O-Line's right side. I see a lot of 3-n-outs with Matt throwing the ball away. That will keep this a low scoring affair, and ultimately a battle of field position that I would give a slight edge to the home team winning off S/T play and home field advantage.

My brain over-rides my heart:
Bears 17 - Houston 15

But my heart is holding out hope in that Cutler can Meltdown this week! Houston is DUE for another 5 minute stretch where our Defense puts 14 up on the board. I would LOVE to see a Watt Pick 6
Old 11-05-2012   #47
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm sorry, guys.

My wife and I are going to fly up to Chicago, spend some time with some friends of ours, and take them to the game.

That means -- we lose.

I don't get to go to many Texans' games -- about 1 per year since 2006 -- and when I do, they lose. Except when we played the Jaguars on a Thursday Night in our Battle Red ketchup bottle unis. And then when we were leaving the stadium, we got t-boned by a car coming out of an apartment complex.

So we're going to lose and it's my fault.
Oh lord that is funny, I can't stop laughing. well I hope your 7th year is the turnaround on your luck, If we win let us know when you make it home so we know your ok,
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2012   #48
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
The Bears are the ultimate throwback Tampa 2 defense.
They are extremely fast and tough at all levels. A typical Bears play is to rush 4 with 7 in coverage, and proceed to intercept passes and/or knock the piss out of the receiver.
Their cornerback Charles Tillman forced four fumbles today.

The one and only clear advantage the Texans have is O-line.

This game will be as hard or harder than the Green Bay game. I predict that whoever wins will score less than 20 points. Give the edge to Texans because Jay will probably throw a dumb interception under pressure.

Texans 17-14.
Dude, you just went full EmDiggy on us. Never go full EmDiggy.

Matt Schaub > Jay Cutler
Our Oline in both pass protection and run blocking > theirs
Arian Foster > Forte
Owen Daniels > any of their TEs
WRs probably a push

Defense is tough though, we have a good line and secondary, but our LBs are clearly outmatched by theirs. It will be interesting to see how they stack up, but if our D-line gets a lot of pressure on Cutler, then expect several turnovers by the Bears.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #49
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict AJ has a 10 Catch 100+ yard game and a TD
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #50
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict a loss but I hope I'm wrong.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #51
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Da Score in Cheekago will be airing an interview wit one Texans DE by da name of JJ Watts tumarra at 10:15 am.

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/670-the-score/
Old 11-05-2012   #52
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Should have posted this here.

This game falls to Schaub imo. While the Chi defense can be ran on, their D is living off of interceptions this year and our running game isnt exactly on fire so far this season. Schaub must play a clean game for us to have a chance.

Conversely we will look to shut down the run again this week. Essentially bringing this game down to Schaub vs Cutler. So who has a better game? If I am Kubiak I target AJ all night long.

This team and coaching staff will be ready after the GB debacle. Chicago is coming off an epic beatown of Tenn and hopefully may feel a tad complacent and we catch them off guard and win the turnover battle.

Texans are the talk of the league after eeking out a 20-17 win on the road.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #53
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win 35-10. Go look at Chicagos schedule and who they beat. They have feasted on lesser teams and BARLEY beat the Panthers.

Jay Cutler will pout.
Their LB'ers are old and our TE's will feast on that
Their o-line is terrible.
Texans come out with a mindset that the Packers game was an abberation and they will want to prove something.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #54
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak and Dennison should be banging on about one thing and one thing only all week.

BALL SECURITY

We adhere to that we win.
Old 11-05-2012   #55
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with the "No turnovers = win" crowd. Bears win by getting unexpected TDs on defense. Get a few early and it throws the opponents gameplan off. I think the Texans play ugly ball, win the TO battle and win. Talk of the league indeed.
Old 11-05-2012   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is the anti-turnover coach if I've ever seen one and Schaub is the don't take any stupid risks QB if I've ever seen one. I'd worry more about Foster fumbling, not that it's usually a problem.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got a bad feeling about STs in this one.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #58
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 19
Bears 10
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #59
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Prime Time.

Texans 20
Bears 31
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #60
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the first to get to double digets wins. This will be an old school defensive struggle where a single TO or big return sway the whole game. this has 13-10, 10-7 ect written all over it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read