Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012   #461
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
say him play nose, and DE. Also saw Watt play nose a few snaps. i like how we are versitle with our guys up front. Crick and mercilus have both impressed me as of late.
Smith, Crick and Watt is a very disruptive front, bit light but quick.
Old 11-04-2012   #462
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
damn we play them back to back
gluttens for punishment
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #463
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like others have said, it wasn't pretty but it's a "W".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #464
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 22796 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Um, huh?
Quote:
damn we play them back to back

Had too much to drink.
Old 11-04-2012   #465
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope Gary was trying to lull Chicago. We did not play as I expected coming from a Bye.
Old 11-04-2012   #466
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I really hope Gary was trying to lull Chicago. We did not play as I expected coming from a Bye.
Since when have we EVER played good after a bye week ?
Old 11-04-2012   #467
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Had too much to drink.
carry on the sir!

have one on me...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2012   #468
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

What was MOST interesting to me was seeing how Wade adjusted to the spread offense. They stuck in their base package even when the Bills went 3 WR. In the post game comments, both Chan Gailey and Fitzpatrick said it messed their gameplan up.

That's how they kept the run game in check.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #469
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Some correct me if I am wrong here(ormaybe i only noticed the wrong thing?

Did I seem like the billls did a good job making foster bounce outside aot more?

Not complaining and foster for his yards anyway.was just wondering if I was seeing straight
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #470
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Some correct me if I am wrong here(ormaybe i only noticed the wrong thing?

Did I seem like the billls did a good job making foster bounce outside aot more?

Not complaining and foster for his yards anyway.was just wondering if I was seeing straight
They were getting good penetration from their d-line but also, their backside guys were shutting down the cutback. So Arian had the hole to the outside AND Schaub had all day when he went play-action.

It's the old saw about picking your poison. You shut down the cutbacks, you're leaving other things open.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #471
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

For whatever reason, I decided to watch this game again. I'm watching the Texans 2nd possession. Big play to James Casey, puts us on the Bills' territory. A couple of plays later, Mario puts a good move on Newton... as Newton is trying to block Mario outside, Mario comes back inside & takes Schaub down for a sack. The next play, Mario jumps, Newton (opposite Mario) commits a false start, we're in third & 18. We're only up by 7 at this point, so we try to dump it off to Walter 5 yards beyond the LOs. Of course, no one is in front of Walter & Matt throws it behind him, Walter can't adjust because that is exactly where the defender is (behind Walter, no one is in front of Walter who is running an inside slant after faking an out) who makes does enough to break Walter's concentration. So we bring Graham on to try for a 46 yard FG. The Bills block it, giving them the ball on their 36.

Ok, no big deal right? The only unexpected thing there, is that Mario got a sack. Well, after Newton's false start, they do a little "Mario memory lane" kind of thing & the first thing they show is Mario on Draft day & in the caption it says "#1 overall pick 2002"

I had to look at it twice, couldn't believe that's what it said. I could understand if it were Fox. We don't play on Fox very often. But this was CBS....... we always play on CBS. You'd think they would know the difference.

Of course it isn't too often that the same team will have the #1 spot only 4 years apart, so maybe I could see it. But.... Mario coming to Houston was a "big deal" you'd think they would have had all that ready way before hand.

Anyway.

Hey, I didn't know Dorin Dickerson was playing with the Bills...... small world.
Old 02-26-2013   #472
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For whatever reason, I decided to watch this game again. I'm watching the Texans 2nd possession. Big play to James Casey, puts us on the Bills' territory. A couple of plays later, Mario puts a good move on Newton... as Newton is trying to block Mario outside, Mario comes back inside & takes Schaub down for a sack. The next play, Mario jumps, Newton (opposite Mario) commits a false start, we're in third & 18. We're only up by 7 at this point, so we try to dump it off to Walter 5 yards beyond the LOs. Of course, no one is in front of Walter & Matt throws it behind him, Walter can't adjust because that is exactly where the defender is (behind Walter, no one is in front of Walter who is running an inside slant after faking an out) who makes does enough to break Walter's concentration. So we bring Graham on to try for a 46 yard FG. The Bills block it, giving them the ball on their 36.

Ok, no big deal right? The only unexpected thing there, is that Mario got a sack. Well, after Newton's false start, they do a little "Mario memory lane" kind of thing & the first thing they show is Mario on Draft day & in the caption it says "#1 overall pick 2002"

I had to look at it twice, couldn't believe that's what it said. I could understand if it were Fox. We don't play on Fox very often. But this was CBS....... we always play on CBS. You'd think they would know the difference.

Of course it isn't too often that the same team will have the #1 spot only 4 years apart, so maybe I could see it. But.... Mario coming to Houston was a "big deal" you'd think they would have had all that ready way before hand.

Anyway.

Hey, I didn't know Dorin Dickerson was playing with the Bills...... small world.
TK....

Bro, you're gonna have to explain where you were going with all that.. Not sure where you were going.....
Old 02-26-2013   #473
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the offseason... People like to get buzzed and watch reruns now and then.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #474
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
It's the offseason... People like to get buzzed and watch reruns now and then.
I know a little something about getting buzzed......... Other than that, I have no idea what you speak of....... *Queing up one of the recorded games I have on my DVR*
Old 02-27-2013   #475
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe that we should've seen these offensive woes coming but our defense was playing really good at the time and bailed them out alot?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read