Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans. Noon. 11/4. **Official GameDay Thread**

Welcome back, Mario.

Though no one has run the ball more often than the AFC-leading Houston Texans, coach Gary Kubiak is looking for better production from his backfield.

Houston should be able to find plenty of running room Sunday against the league's worst rush defense.

With both teams coming off byes, the Texans will surely look to get their ground game going against the Buffalo Bills, who are hoping to receive a big boost from a now-healthy Mario Williams in his first trip back to Houston.

The Texans have compiled a 6-1 record behind an NFL-leading 35.4 rushing attempts per game, and they average 140.9 yards to rank sixth in the league. Houston, however, has managed just 4.0 yards per carry - a number Kubiak is hoping to see rise.

A more efficient effort from Arian Foster could go a long way. The 2010 rushing champion is averaging a league-high 24.0 carries but ranks 28th with 3.9 yards per attempt.

"You try to look at the big picture and say our yards per carry is still not good enough," Kubiak said. "We need some more big plays ... we've got to find (Foster) some more space and some big plays. If we do that, all that takes a couple big plays and your average goes up."

A matchup against the Bills (3-4) could help the Texans do just that. Buffalo is surrendering an NFL-high 176.9 rushing yards per game and expects to see a heavy dose of Foster come Sunday.

"There's no doubt in my mind that they're going to come out and try to establish the run," defensive end Chris Kelsay said. "Running backs look at playing us as an opportunity. It's our job as a defense to nip that in the bud right now. And that's our focus."

More picks: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem/experts#game-day-morning

What I want to see:

Don't let Mr. Williams get get rolling

We know sacks come in bunches. So with that said; chip him, double him and run to his side. Do all things possible to frustrate him. He'll want to make us look bad for letting him go. Don't let that happen.

Pound that rock

After a bye/open week, teams sometimes come out rusty/flat. One of the easier things to do as an offense is to run the football. No Tate, but Foster and Forsett need to eat this week. Destroy the Bills in the trenches.

Keep Spiller and Jackson from getting loose

Run defense needs to be on its best behavior this week. CJ and Freddy J can make it tough on your defense. Stuff the run, and make them throw. The offense being on point helps the run D, as well. Getting a lead changes Buffalo's plan.

The short pass game to Dre; keep that up

A lot of folks might think we need to use Andre Johnson on deep balls, but one thing I have noticed; 80 has had some healthy reception numbers the last few games. Not saying I want a ton of throws this week, but 5-6 catches for Dre works.

Well, ladies and gents...TEXANS ARE BACK! It's been a little while, but now comes the important part of the season. Nothing, as you all know, will change. 1-0 this week! That's the goal every week. Be loud, folks, where ever you are. Time to keep that winning feeling going with a big W this week. LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I can't come up with a plausible scenario where Buffalo can even keep this game close. Much less win. This should be a shellacking. The Texans set a franchise single game scoring record against the Ravens in week 7. That could easily fall today. I'd like to see the bench emptied by the 4th quarter, with Schaub, AJ, and Arian padless on the sideline.

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Truck is loaded check, piniatta check piniatta poll check piniatta knoose check, bat named Swatt check tickets check parking pass check

It is Game Day Houston, Texas. Get your grills packed get you Bulls stirred up its a Buffalo massacre. This better make the indians look like kindergarten Lets Go Texans

Game day

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
I can't come up with a plausible scenario where Buffalo can even keep this game close. Much less win. This should be a shellacking. The Texans set a franchise single game scoring record against the Ravens in week 7. That could easily fall today. I'd like to see the bench emptied by the 4th quarter, with Schaub, AJ, and Arian padless on the sideline.
I agree Lucky, I can't see the Texans losing this game at all. Arian may have 200+ game. But like you mentioned, I rather see our starters be able to rest by the 4th qtr.

Let's go Texans!!!

TejasTom

All Pro
Having to wait through a bye week and a time change"...ugh!

Judgement day? Hey Mario, we updated our Terminator.

Roof Report: Closed

Announcers: Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts

Denver @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ Houston
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Miami @ Indianapolis
NO GAME due to NFL rules

Referee: Bill Vinovich (with Ron Winter‘s crew)

Flip Card

The Texans
• Can move their regular-season record at Reliant Stadium above .500 (43-42) with a win.
• Can extend their current team record by making a field goal for the 18th consecutive game

RB Arian Foster
• Can record his 20th career 100-yard game, his 13th career 100-yard game at Reliant Stadium and his first 100-yard game at home this season.

WR Andre Johnson
• Needs 106 receiving yards to pass Andre Rison (10,205) for 34th on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.

DE J.J. Watt
• Can become the 11th player since sacks became an official stat in 1982 to record 10 or more sacks and 10 or more passes defensed in a season. It has happened 11 times in the last 20 years overall.

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
Gettin ready to head out!! My favorite "gameday" is Military Day, and I can't wait!

See ya all soon!

TejasTom

All Pro
Texans inactives: CB Carmichael, CB Harris, RB Tate, T Gardner, G White, G Brooks, NT McClain

Bills inactives: K Potter, QB Jackson, CB McGee, SS Howell, OLB Morrison, T Pears, DE Anderson

ChrisG

Road Fan
Just heard on the radio Buff D coach said they dont plan to blitz. "We will live or die by our front four"

GP

Go Texans!
Just heard on the radio Buff D coach said they dont plan to blitz. "We will live or die by our front four"
Either he's bull****ting and scheming, trying to plant false information....

Or he is crazy. Their front four won't beat our front five. Not for an entire game. Not even for 25% of the snaps.

I call bull**** on that coach. And even if they do blitz, I don't see it working.

GP

Go Texans!
Why is the whole stadium wearing pink? I thought that was just for October?

Oh wait. The pink, today, is in honor of Mario Williams! LMAO!

SCOTTexans

Rookie
Q and A on NFL today... Shannon should buffalo had picked up Mario for the 100 million contract?

Shannon answered " they should have done what Houston did... chain the doors and change there number. Buffalo made a bid mistake!"

Ouch

hradhak

Veteran
I'm gonna say die then. Honestly it's not a bad choice, but I don't think they have enough playmakers on defense to stop us.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Time for Papa Johns to get here with my pizza, and time for the game to start. Dammit. :lol:

mattieuk

All Pro
Why is the whole stadium wearing pink? I thought that was just for October?

Oh wait. The pink, today, is in honor of Mario Williams! LMAO!
Hahahaha! MSR.

That said, if Mario can't get his **** together for this game, then he never will...