Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2012   #1
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Walter and Daniels Added to Injury Report

Hope OD is good to go by Sunday!

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...texans-report/
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter and Daniels Added to Injury Report

I thought bye weeks were supposed to reduce the number of players that were injured
Old 11-01-2012   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

At least Walter is out because of illness, not some injury.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #4
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ's right elbow? Too much practice?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #5
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 183 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

we Need OD on the field regardless of who we play for sure. wonder why no WR's were picked up
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
we Need OD on the field regardless of who we play for sure. Wonder why no WR's were picked up
Scraping the bottom of the barrel, are we?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #7
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
TJ's right elbow? Too much practice?
Too much spanking the monkey would be my guess....
Old 11-01-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
If he was limited in practice then he'll play unless he has a setback. If they feared that he wasn't healthy enough to play then he would've been held out of practice.

As much as I want to see Walter play Sunday and play well I need to see something out of our young receivers. So far we're dealing with similar issues as the past where we aren't getting much out of the position other than Andre and KW. A ton of opportunities haven't been there because we've held such big leads and ran the air out of the ball in the second half of games, but I just want to try to get these guys involved more somehow.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #9
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as it would hamper our offense to NOT have OD out there on the field... anyone think that TE has become less of a draft need after seeing Graham's hands? I think we give him a chance and he'll be our guy pretty quick. If that FB we traded for back when with the Bears pans out, and Thor gets sent back to TE where he can make a huge difference, he and Casey could make opposing DCs tremble.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #10
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Clarification: I'm not saying we don't need OD - he's a huge cog in our offense. I'm just saying our future TE look may already be with us.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #11
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed, pretty happy with our depth at TE, but OD is a special player who I feel is only just getting back to his best after a good few years that have been either cut short or held back by injuries.

Walter is a guy who I stood up for in the offseason, the kind of guy who will always be underrated during the offseason because on paper he's nothing special.

I like what we've got behind him and am more comfortable if he's limited/out come game time because Keymart, Posey and Jean are all talented guys who need good reps to develop. As long as he's healthy come playoff time its good by me.

When the games really count, you need Walter in there to take those 3rd and medium catches, do the really dirty stuff over the middle and in the shorter game etc.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
As much as it would hamper our offense to NOT have OD out there on the field... anyone think that TE has become less of a draft need after seeing Graham's hands? I think we give him a chance and he'll be our guy pretty quick. If that FB we traded for back when with the Bears pans out, and Thor gets sent back to TE where he can make a huge difference, he and Casey could make opposing DCs tremble.
No. I don't think it has become any less of a need. We only have 2 TE's on our roster right now, not counting Casey. If 1 of them goes down, then you are forced to move Casey to TE and put Clutts (Great name for a football player.) in at FB, with no depth behind either position. Even if you picked up another FA, it takes time to get them adjusted to the scheme. Besides, OD isn't getting any younger (30 next year.), so we need to keep filling the pipeline. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Casey back at TE too, which I think is more his natural position. But, I'm still hoping the Texans draft 1 of those big fast TE's with good hands that can block too!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Agreed, pretty happy with our depth at TE, but OD is a special player who I feel is only just getting back to his best after a good few years that have been either cut short or held back by injuries.

Walter is a guy who I stood up for in the offseason, the kind of guy who will always be underrated during the offseason because on paper he's nothing special.

I like what we've got behind him and am more comfortable if he's limited/out come game time because Keymart, Posey and Jean are all talented guys who need good reps to develop. As long as he's healthy come playoff time its good by me.

When the games really count, you need Walter in there to take those 3rd and medium catches, do the really dirty stuff over the middle and in the shorter game etc.
Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.
Old 11-02-2012   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

All I am going to sat is IF OD isn't ready to go.....Casey is just as it not more. a dangerous target.

This offense comes at you from so many different angles.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #15
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Injury reports are just a mandatory strategy play... Walter and OD both had good games and if A holding call wouldnt have brought back Walters 40 yard bomb, he would have had a badass game
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #16
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.
I don't think we need to waste a first round pick on a TE, we have some good depth. Maybe a late round steal, but Rick does say he drafts the best player thats available and not the position
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #17
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you really see TE as an option for Smithiak in the first round? They've only ever taken 1 offensive player in the first and seem to prefer middle to late round developmental pickups at the position. It seems as if they are just getting Casey and Graham to where they want them to be, and would be more likely to grab someone later on to teach rather than using a high level pick on one.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Do you really see TE as an option for Smithiak in the first round? They've only ever taken 1 offensive player in the first and seem to prefer middle to late round developmental pickups at the position. It seems as if they are just getting Casey and Graham to where they want them to be, and would be more likely to grab someone later on to teach rather than using a high level pick on one.
I see us handling tight end later on in the draft. We don't need a top flight height, weight, speed guy in this offense anyway. A good route runner with a nice set of hands is all that is required. If we keep using 4th and 5th rounders on tight ends, we will find that guy.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have a feeling it won't be a TE in the first, but if he's THAT good and if Kubiak is THAT anxious about the future of OD, not just the immediate future but maybe a few years beyond right now, then I'd be OK with it. The TE is huuuuuge in this offense. We'd be worse off without Owen Daniels, guys.

Having said that, I think ILB should be the draft choice. It's a serious need right now. SERIOUS NEED. Not a subtle need, not a luxury need. Serious need.

And having said that, we know Rick Smith on draft day will target around 3 players who might or might not play different positions that he thinks fits this team's mentality and talent needs. And positional needs, as well.

Just as Mercilus fell to us out of the open sky above, I'm thinking Rick will wait for one of his key guys to fall to him on draft day. If we're at the tail end of Round 1, like we should be (wink, wink, nod, nod...) then maybe a monster TE would be smart since he'd probably go at beginning of Round 2.
Old 11-06-2012   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I see us handling tight end later on in the draft. We don't need a top flight height, weight, speed guy in this offense anyway. A good route runner with a nice set of hands is all that is required. If we keep using 4th and 5th rounders on tight ends, we will find that guy.
While I do agree, can you imagine a Jimmy Graham/Gronkowski in this offense? Scary stuff. Just sayni...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read