Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2012   #1
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1022 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans DE Smith vows to rile ex-teammate Williams

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...mate-williams/
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans DE Smith vows to rile ex-teammate Williams

Smith is gonna make sure Mario has a performance against us like
he did a few years ago on Thursday Night Football against Denver.
Old 10-30-2012   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

does smith not remember what it's like to have tj yates in the playoffs? how about NOT getting the guys hitting your quarterback riled up.
Old 10-30-2012   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Duane Brown over Maria any day and twice on Sunday.

The "other" tackles...ehhh...maybe not so much.

Honestly tho, they're giving up ridiculous rushing stats...let's attack that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mario hurts Schaub, I'll have someone to blame then.

We all know he'll have to get there though...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

So what if Mario is riled up and has the best game of his life? If we can't beat Buffalo there is still something wrong.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So what if Mario is riled up and has the best game of his life? If we can't beat Buffalo there is still something wrong.

This^^^^^

Truthfully, I think those guys will be happy to see each other. Just because the fans got ticked off because MW went for the moooolaaaa, doesn't mean that every player on our team does not envy him for breaking the bank. I wouldn't be surprised if he has remained friends with a lot of them. He'll probably take them all out for a huge steak dinner! Players don't HATE on fellow ex teammates like fans do. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2012   #8
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“He has things you normally don’t see, tools you normally don’t have,” Smith said of Williams. “But you’ve gotta put it together. Once he puts it all together and hones his craft, I know … he’s going to be a great player.”
From this quote you'd think Mario was a rookie.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Brown probably won't even see Mario until AFTER the game.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This^^^^^

Truthfully, I think those guys will be happy to see each other. Just because the fans got ticked off because MW went for the moooolaaaa, doesn't mean that every player on our team does not envy him for breaking the bank. I wouldn't be surprised if he has remained friends with a lot of them. He'll probably take them all out for a huge steak dinner! Players don't HATE on fellow ex teammates like fans do. JMO!
AND...A veggie plate.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I'll take Duane Brown over Maria any day and twice on Sunday.

The "other" tackles...ehhh...maybe not so much.

Honestly tho, they're giving up ridiculous rushing stats...let's attack that.
Duane Brown was on his normal show on YSR1560, just returning from Cabo with his wife "Debbie Deb" (I think) from MTV.. Anywho, he thought it was funny considering they're all friends.. In another words, Antonio Smith wasn't really talking sh1te... Just trying to make it fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
If Mario hurts Schaub, I'll have someone to blame then.

We all know he'll have to get there though...
He'll get there.. I see Mario having around 2 & 1/2 sacks or more with about 8 tackles.............

Then again, I can see Mariolou Williams with half a sack and a total of 3.5 tackles... Which is decent for him........

Seriously though.... I see Marion Williams having a decent game v. the Texans, but I still see a fairly BIG win by the Texans. I'm thinking by 17, I.E. 30-13(ish)!
Old 10-31-2012   #12
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Brown probably won't even see Mario until AFTER the game.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #13
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

MW has yet to play like the 100m dollar man YET as a Bill. He's been pedestrian, despite being punked in the media after his post game comments in week 2(?) about being held and continuous fan scrutiny since. If he hasn't got UP for a game yet, I can't see it this week. I would imagine that Houston will still opt to double him most of the game, as well. No way they want to get owned my Mario-Owned.
Old 10-31-2012   #14
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Just tell Mario that Reggie Bush is less injury prone than he is and Vince Young is smarter than he is and that should rile him up nicely..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario plays primarily on the left side of the defensive alignment for the Bills. That means he's going to be going up against Newton and Harris all day.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #16
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1022 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man Mario has been such a bust for Buffalo. I recall when the media was so high on this signing and Buffalo was going to be upcoming on defense. Not likely.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #17
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417Texan View Post
Man Mario has been such a bust for Buffalo. I recall when the media was so high on this signing and Buffalo was going to be upcoming on defense. Not likely.
Let's not get hasty here. In his first seven games as a Chicago Bear, Julius Peppers notched only 2 sacks and 16 tackles. Nobody considers Peppers a bust for the Bears. Mario has 3.5 and 16 in his first seven post-free agency games.

I think Mario will get it going. Hopefully it won't happen until after this weekend.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #18
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This^^^^^

My thoughts too Gma. It's the same in the EPL. A player leaves and goes to another team for a huge payday - sometimes he goes to a hated rival team. When said player meets up with his ex team-mates for international games it's plain to see they still get on great. Also, you see them pictured together at partys etc. The fans may hate on the judas type ex players but it's different for the ex teammates. (Although, I doubt Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes would be too upset to see the back of each other)
Old 11-01-2012   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Bills don't put Mario on Derek Newton most of this game, they should all be fired on the spot. We need to be aware of the fact that Newton is not the answer at RT and therefore, we need someone out there to help chip on Mario.
Old 11-01-2012   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
If the Bills don't put Mario on Derek Newton most of this game, they should all be fired on the spot. We need to be aware of the fact that Newton is not the answer at RT and therefore, we need someone out there to help chip on Mario.
Like I've said, they've been playing Mario primarily against the RT. So the majority of his snaps are going to be against Newton and Harris. I expect OD and GG to get some chips on him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read