Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-23-2012   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Looking for a graphic artist

Can't pay much. We have a tailgate logo that is copyright infringement laden.

We need a graphic artist to design a copy that isn't. I know a lot of your have custom art for your tailgate, any references?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking for a graphic artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can't pay much. We have a tailgate logo that is copyright infringement laden.

We need a graphic artist to design a copy that isn't. I know a lot of your have custom art for your tailgate, any references?

I'd like to see your artwork. Humor me.
Old 10-23-2012   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Looking for a graphic artist

I need to head to the office, I'll throw it on photobucket later.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-23-2012   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

My friend Nelo that was at the GB tailgate and came with me to playoff game is a graphic designer, he can probably give you a deal.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
My friend Nelo that was at the GB tailgate and came with me to playoff game is a graphic designer, he can probably give you a deal.
Is he the guy that did Ted's hardhat?
Old 10-23-2012   #6
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Is he the guy that did Ted's hardhat?
No I designed his hat, and my brother did the work. My brother has only. Been to one game which was the 1st game last year against the colts.

Old 10-23-2012   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

(clickable)

You can see the copyright issues
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2012   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

*bump*
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-24-2012   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Final bump.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-24-2012   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you want it to look like? I'm not a graphic artist, but depending on your expectations, I may be able to help you out with something temporary until you can get something you really want.

Are you allowed to have the Texans logo or is that copyright infringement as well?
Old 10-24-2012   #11
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

What do you want to do with it?

Complete redesign or remove toro and texans logo?

How big of a banner and what type of material?

What price range?

Old 10-25-2012   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

We put a hop on the glass instead of the Texans logo.

Our artist 'changed' Toro but I'm not sure he changed it enough to avoid any grumpy Texans.

That's what I am looking for, something very similar but with a errr 'blue bull man' that doesn't scream - hey - that's an ever so slightly changed Toro logo from the internet.

Danny - right now we're just looking for art. But at some point we'll probably want a banner some where near 4 foot by 2 foot.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-25-2012   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

You can always pay a small fee to license some clipart, etc.

Here's an example I found that could easily accommodate a little Texans tweaking. $5-$50 depending on pixel size, but with a license, you can buy and resize on your own.

Link

Old 10-25-2012   #14
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Quote:

Our artist 'changed' Toro but I'm not sure he changed it enough to avoid any grumpy Texans.

That's what I am looking for, something very similar but with a errr 'blue bull man' that doesn't scream - hey - that's an ever so slightly changed Toro logo from the internet.

Danny - right now we're just looking for art. But at some point we'll probably want a banner some where near 4 foot by 2 foot.
I sent it to Nelo, let me see what he does with it.

Old 10-25-2012   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know a guy in Austin that might be able to help. Not sure what his rates are like, but I can put you in touch with him. Let me know if you want me to reach out to him.
Old 10-25-2012   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

marshallgraphix.com. They do outstanding work at a reasonable rate. They did the redesign of my company logo and we have used them for vehicle graphics, shirts, hats, tri-fold brochures, and a banner. Each one was an even bigger home run than the previous. This guy is good at thinking up designs that fit what you are looking for.
Old 10-25-2012   #17
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Ok so this is what I pitched to him, tell me what you think?

On top it would have BCB with second B inverted and each B with horns on the top corners, and the letters in blue, white and red.

In the middle two bulls facing each other, one red and one blue each extending an arm out offering a beer in hand with there interior hand in a fist.

At the bottom a small thin banner that would read blue crew brewers in steel blue, and in texans style font.

PM me your number and I can send you a pic of the bull. He's a little meaner looking but I like him, and right now he's holding a bomb soon to be beer.

Let me know what you think, waiting to see how much he would charge, but I'm sure we would get a Big BC discount.

Old 10-29-2012   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What do you want it to look like? I'm not a graphic artist, but depending on your expectations, I may be able to help you out with something temporary until you can get something you really want.

Are you allowed to have the Texans logo or is that copyright infringement as well?
Thanks, our 'artist' made a temp logo for our Koozies.

Thanks to everyone else, I think I responded to everyone in a PM.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read