Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would Phillips leave after a Super Bowl?

Health and commitment kept Wade a Texan this season. If we win Super Bowl, would he still have same commitment? He still yearns to be a head coach imo. There should be teams willing to give a defensive guru with Texans stats and a ring a chance to be head coach.

I hope McNair has a huge bonus plan to keep him in Houston. Wade is under contract thru 2013 but can leave for H.C. position. If he goes, I am not sure if we have his replacement in house.
Old 10-27-2012   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Phillips leave after a Super Bowl?

he may leave with or without winning a SB. Enjoy him while you have him because the only thing that moves more than the players are the coaches. Hopefully he retires here but somehow I don't think that is going to happen.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't even have to win a SB. This defense just has to keep putting up good numbers and I'm afraid he's going to have a lot of opportunities to go be an HC.

And this is my biggest fear. We saw how the defense suffered when Wade was out at the end of last season. It's not just the defense and the players that make it work, it's his play-calling. We need that.

I hope, for my own sake, that he stays and decides that it's a lot more fun being a DC and stomping people's lights out than having to be an HC and deal with all the crap that falls in the HC's lap.

But I doubt that will happen. I can't see how he won't be an HC somewhere next year and I don't know if we can replace him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he may leave with or without winning a SB. Enjoy him while you have him because the only thing that moves more than the players are the coaches. Hopefully he retires here but somehow I don't think that is going to happen.
Hope he stays, but at least with his arrival Bob see's what a top tier DC can do versus a 2A High School DL coach that has connections. So hopefully he will seek top talent moving forward.
Old 10-27-2012   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade Twittered the other day he was spending the byw week in Dallas and that him and his wife were in process of building a home in Houston. Im thinking he is done moving around.

He IS the highest paid DC in the league at 2.5 million per year soo.....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep hoping/thinking his age is going to be a factor in keeping him here.
Old 10-27-2012   #7
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Phillips @ sonofbum

I am in Dallas for the open date-We
finalized plans for building a home in
Houston #Houstonishome

Looks to me like he has plans to stay.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2012   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if the Texans dont win a SB and Wade gets a HC gig, he's gone, as it should be.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #9
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Phillips @ sonofbum

I am in Dallas for the open date-We
finalized plans for building a home in
Houston #Houstonishome

Looks to me like he has plans to stay.
I hope that is code for "I'm staying in Houtson"

I don't want him to leave. I will say, building a house anywhere, means you have long term plans.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #10
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does this keep getting brought up? Do you people have nothing better to do with your time other than starting threads on stupid imaginary thoughts?

He is TOO OLD to be hired as a head coach again. He failed as HC and his health is not great. He isn't going anywhere unless he retires. He will be our Dick LeBeau
Old 10-27-2012   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Health and commitment kept Wade a Texan this season. If we win Super Bowl, would he still have same commitment? He still yearns to be a head coach imo. There should be teams willing to give a defensive guru with Texans stats and a ring a chance to be head coach.

I hope McNair has a huge bonus plan to keep him in Houston. Wade is under contract thru 2013 but can leave for H.C. position. If he goes, I am not sure if we have his replacement in house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I hope, for my own sake, that he stays and decides that it's a lot more fun being a DC and stomping people's lights out than having to be an HC and deal with all the crap that falls in the HC's lap.

But I doubt that will happen. I can't see how he won't be an HC somewhere next year and I don't know if we can replace him.
These statements dance around the key point. Whether he retires or moves on to one more shot as a head coach, the bottom line is one day - hopefully in the far future - we'll lose him.

The key point IMHO is:

Are we grooming his successor? If so, then who is he?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
These statements dance around the key point. Whether he retires or moves on to one more shot as a head coach, the bottom line is one day - hopefully in the far future - we'll lose him.

The key point IMHO is:

Are we grooming his successor? If so, then who is he?

My bet would be Vance Joseph if he doesn't get taken away at some point.
Old 10-27-2012   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not THIS again.

Can't we just relax and enjoy this season as it is?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Not THIS again.

Can't we just relax and enjoy this season as it is?
we ARE relaxed...

see....

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #15
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade is clearly an ambitious individual. I remember quotes from him during the offseason about his record as a coach and how it seemed to him a slight that he didnt get more hc consideration. He'll leap at the chance if its presented at a decent organization. He's not grooming our next d coordinator. He's grooming his coordinator. Sorry to piss on the parade but he wont be back in 2013.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

no because he will have to come back for a Back to back SB win !!!! : )
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

no.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #18
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Diego Chargers will attempt to sign him after this season, and I think he will consider it. Last chance as head coach, AFC team, great city, decent QB and offense.

Needs defense.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
The San Diego Chargers will attempt to sign him after this season, and I think he will consider it. Last chance as head coach, AFC team, great city, decent QB and offense.

Needs defense.
I don't believe Wade's going anywhere. Here he has the potential of helping build a dynasty for which he has and will be given a great deal of the credit.
Going to San Diego will be having the end of his legacy following that of Johnny Unitas.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #20
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't believe Wade's going anywhere. Here he has the potential of helping build a dynasty for which he has and will be given a great deal of the credit.
Going to San Diego will be having the end of his legacy following that of Johnny Unitas.
He says he wants to be a Head Coach again. I'm just taking him at his word.

I believe he will get offers, and because of his expressed desire, he will accept one. But, we will know in January or February.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read