Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2012   #21
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 9 Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans Diacussion

I expect us to win convincingly.

I am interested in seeing Spiller play. I was very high on him in the draft the year he came out to the point I was advocating moving up to get in the hunt for him. He seems to be putting things together.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #22
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>Diacussion

When someone takes a really hard shot to the head -- twice!

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario looking for sympathy votes.

Link to full story HERE.

Quote:
As Mario Williams prepares to face his former team for the first time Sunday, the highly-paid Buffalo Bills defensive end is maintaining he didn't want to leave the Houston Texans in the first place.

"I didn't want to enter free agency in the first place, but it was a one-way door given to me by the GM to leave Houston," Williams told KRIV-TV in Houston. "I want the fans there to know entering free agency was not my decision."
You guys who didn't like Jacoby getting boo'd, I think it will be 10 times worse when Mario gets onto the field this Sunday.
Old 10-31-2012   #24
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>Mario Williams: I didn't want to leave

"Woooo, but dat money sure do talk!"

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #25
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

What happened to the Let's Predict Threads? They were lucky
Old 11-01-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

A 10.5 pt spread is a bit much. I'd actually take that bet. We've been known to come out flat - especially at home for some reason - and I wouldn't be amazed if the game was much closer to a 7-pt game than a double-digit blowout. Buffalo has some weaponry. They just seem to screw the pooch at times and never recover from their mistakes.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm i wonder if the texans didnt what him at all ?????

if he didnt want to leave and stay here for extremely less money ...but texans still didnt want him that would be LOL FUNny
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2012   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is not getting too many sympathy votes. LINK

Quote:
As explained earlier today during the latest Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, that’s true. The Texans indeed forced Williams to become a free agent. Because, per a source with knowledge of the dynamics in Houston, G.M. Rick Smith decided the team could win without him.
Quote:
Given Williams’ performance in Buffalo and the Texans’ performance without him, Smith’s decision puts him in line for the Executive of the Year award.
LOL
Old 11-01-2012   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"I don't always leave a good team, but when I do I make sure it's for $100 million and miserable game day temperatures. Stay thirsty, free agents."

- Mario Williams
Old 11-01-2012   #30
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Mario is semi-right because the contract the texans probably offered him (if any) is more than likely less than half of what he's making in Buffalo.

Sucks because I think he could've really done some damage as a WOLB in Wade's scheme, but alas we will never know.
Old 11-01-2012   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think that Mario is semi-right because the contract the texans probably offered him (if any) is more than likely less than half of what he's making in Buffalo.

Sucks because I think he could've really done some damage as a WOLB in Wade's scheme, but alas we will never know.
I think so too. However, I think he'd be a little more limited compared to Barwin and Reed. Barwin and Reed actually do cover man to man routes. Mario was limited to just dropping into a zone coverage. That's what I remember anyway. Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong.

Wade did some interesting scheming against the Ravens. I hope he continues that mad scientist type crap because it got Mercilus on the field with the others. I'd be trying to get Whitney on the field as much as possible if he contributes as much as he did against the Ravens
Old 11-01-2012   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134301 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think so too. However, I think he'd be a little more limited compared to Barwin and Reed. Barwin and Reed actually do cover man to man routes. Mario was limited to just dropping into a zone coverage. That's what I remember anyway. Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong.

Wade did some interesting scheming against the Ravens. I hope he continues that mad scientist type crap because it got Mercilus on the field with the others. I'd be trying to get Whitney on the field as much as possible if he contributes as much as he did against the Ravens
Wade used Marcus Ware as a pure edge rusher in Dallas. I think Mario would have been the same...sans a drop back or two like Ware did. I think they only did that when they went to some gangbusters rush and he covered the flats (for the most part). I think Mario would have played better here too...but glad we saved the cash for other players.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

IDK i always thought Mario was to tall and to bulky to play a OLB in a 3-4 i know when he was here he dropped alot of pounds but still ....i guess smith looked at it and decided we can let him go for the better
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #34
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

The main player that scares me on their team is Stevie Johnson. Spiller is a huge weapon for them, but I think we'll find a way to keep him in check.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read