Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-04-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default What Team would you never play on?

If you were a proffesional Football player, what teams would you never ever play on (even if it meant pulling of an Eli Manning)? and Why?

For me its the
Browns - Unis suck, never been good
Cardinals - Never been good
Bills - Unis suck, when they were good they were still bad
Saints - Unis suck, located in a freaky city, and never been good
Titans - Have a crappy owner
Raiders - I have just never liked them, crappy owner, Unis suck
Cowboys - Do I need a reason?
Old 06-04-2005   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy answer! Titans and Cowboys, for obvious reasons. I've always said that if my beloved grandson grew up to be a professional football player and played for the "girls," it would be the first time in my life that I would pull against him! If he played for the Titans, it would depend on if Bud was still living or not!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #3
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas Cowsissies!!!!

My reasons: I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!I hate them!!!

Need I say more?!?
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy answer. There are no teams I wouldn't play for if I were capable of being in the NFL. The guys that are lucky enough to have the athletic ability to do so should consider themselves lucky to be an NFL player.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #5
poisonednutz10
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to poisonednutz10

The Browns. Those have to be the some of the ugliest uni's I have ever seen. Other than the 'bumble bee' look the Pittsburg Pirates used to wear.
poisonednutz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #6
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Easy answer. There are no teams I wouldn't play for if I were capable of being in the NFL. The guys that are lucky enough to have the athletic ability to do so should consider themselves lucky to be an NFL player.
That's a darn good answer!!!! I'm one of those who had the heart, desire but lacked size and got over looked a lot.
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #7
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I would play for any team that chose me. Of course if I had a preference, naturally the Cowboys or the Texans. If the Cardinals drafted me, then I would do the best job I could for them and hope that I could attact the Cowboys or Texans when contract time rolls around. The only concern I would have is ethics, and if there aren't any breaches there, I'm cool. I tend to try to separate the emotions from possible sound business decisions.

For some reason, the Cardinals and Patriots are my least favorite teams, but either way if thse teams were the only choice, then I would have to find a way to make Lemonaide of the those Lemons. The average length of a contract is too long to be miserable.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2005   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't for the life of me figure out why any of you that have posted so far that have listed teams that you wouldn't play for . . . have totally forgotten about those Cincinnati BungHoles.

The other ones don't hold a candle as far as ugly uniforms go.

And LMBH and WWJD, both of you are party poopers
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #9
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Lions - Don't like the fans or media
Philly- Same
San Francisco - Owner
St Louis - Owner and Lenord Lewis
Minnesota - Want to play in an english speaking state.
Arizona - I don't mind hot, but 110 is too hot
SD - Same
New England - Again, only english
Miami- I like to breathe air, not drink it.
Cleveland, Cincy - Ohio sucks.
Old 06-05-2005   #10
TexansJunkE
Veteran

give me a couple million to play a GAME I love and I wouldn't care who I played for.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't play for the Steelers.. I hate them from the oiler days.. might as add the browns and bengals to that list...

Jags are on my list too
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i wouldnt play for canada!

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

In reality what if these teams you say you would not play for offered you a nickel more than the other teams. You all would be like just about every professional athlete out there, you would jump at the chance for more money even if it was the Cowboys.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure. I agree. Guys that even get to the NFL are going to go where the money is good and they don't care if the uniforms are ugly or maybe the city is boring by somebody's standards.

I would imagine there has never been anybody that refused a contract with a team because they didn't care for the uniform.
Old 06-05-2005   #15
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

I would want to play for any team that drafted me. IF I could pick 1 team that couldnt draft me It would probably be the Jags because the Texans OWN them.
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus22
That's a darn good answer!!!! I'm one of those who had the heart, desire but lacked size and got over looked a lot.

You sound like a very determined person. I'm sure you're a successful person or will be in whatever you decide to pursue. There's a few really small guys in the NFL but as the rule they are mainly beasts.
Old 06-06-2005   #17
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 40 Whiners!......no continuity as a team.
Old 06-06-2005   #18
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The Bengals. The ugliest Unis. A small market. Losing season after losing season.
The Eagles-rude fans.
Old 06-06-2005   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas Cowboys
Old 06-06-2005   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Calgary Stampeders
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read