Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-28-2012   #1
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pink Flags

I'm all for Breast Cancer Research and the pink stuff for Breast Cancer Awareness, but pink penalty flags is too much.

Old 10-28-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pink Flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I'm all for Breast Cancer Research and the pink stuff for Breast Cancer Awareness, but pink penalty flags is too much.

I totally agree! Enough is enough! AWARENESS should be educating women 12 mts out of the year, not just the month of Oct. I wonder how much money the NFL, or individual teams, spend on "pink stuff!" Bet it would equal out to a HUGE contribution to the cause.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Prostate cancer kills more men than breast cancer. Besides, October is also disability awareness month. It's just not fair. We simply can't compete with breasts.

Old 10-28-2012   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51680 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it part hilarious and part completely insulting. They have this whole "Beat breast cancer" and "Survivor" mindset, as if you must be strong minded to beat it and weak willed individuals will perish from it. They market it as a disease that only middle aged white women get, they spend over 5 billion a year on breast cancer research, and only 15% is spent on figuring out what causes it. If we don't know what causes it, why even bother fighting it?

Pink Ribbons Inc. and Burzynski are both excellent cancer documentaries, I suggest a watch if you haven't researched the profitability of selling pink.
Old 10-28-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if the ladies or the leftists on here hate me for saying this, so here goes: I can't stand the pink-out in October for NFL football games.

When I am watching football, I don't want to see pink-trimmed shoes, pink socks, pink in the stands, pink, pink, pink. Even the refs' caps have pink piping on top. LOL.

I think the NFL should rotate their awareness programs on a cycle. For 3 years, let the pinko's have their pink days in October. The next three years, let the next color have its own October color-a-thon event.

That there's pink the WHOLE MONTH of October, every year, it's wearing me out. Someone in the NFL is in the tank for this, or the league is getting a huge chunk of change for this. Regardless, I'm sick of it.

I know women get cancer in the boobies. Women know women get cancer in the boobies. Boobies can get cancer. Frankly, if you are a human in America and are unaware of boobie cancer, then you are beyond hope. Get your boobies checked. It's pretty damn simple. Next color, please.
Old 10-28-2012   #6
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Seriously?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I demand a NFL prostate cancer month. Time to smear stadiums with brown.
Old 10-28-2012   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Seriously?
I read someplace today, I think it was NFL.com, to lazy to look it up, that a 10 yr old kid sent a letter or e-mail to the NFL recommending they do this, and the NFL thought it was a good idea. If someone whats to look it up and link up please do, I screw up stuff like that.
Old 10-28-2012   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 135847 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I read someplace today, I think it was NFL.com, to lazy to look it up, that a 10 yr old kid sent a letter or e-mail to the NFL recommending they do this, and the NFL thought it was a good idea. If someone whats to look it up and link up please do, I screw up stuff like that.
You are correct.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1663939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So can someone around here volunteer their kid to write a letter to the NFL suggesting that they stop this entire pink charade and quit trying to pander to women?
Old 10-29-2012   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Thanks for posting! There's also an article on NFL.com about this. I'm not sure if this is a one time thing, or if they want to replace the yellow flags permanently. JMO, they need to remain yellow, except for maybe one game in Oct.

I'm happy for the kid though. He'll never know Roger used him to beef up his faltering image.
Old 10-29-2012   #12
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Prostate cancer kills more men than breast cancer. Besides, October is also disability awareness month. It's just not fair. We simply can't compete with breasts.

Brown flags wouldn't look as cute....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Maybe that's true but I'm a doubter. I may be wrong but I seem to remember the NHL doing the pink stuff long before the NFL. They had pink hockey sticks back in 2004 or 2005.
Old 10-29-2012   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know your team is good when your biggest complaint so far is the color of the referee flags
Old 10-29-2012   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 135847 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for posting! There's also an article on NFL.com about this. I'm not sure if this is a one time thing, or if they want to replace the yellow flags permanently. JMO, they need to remain yellow, except for maybe one game in Oct.

I'm happy for the kid though. He'll never know Roger used him to beef up his faltering image.
I'm pretty sure it's just for the month but who knows. I expect tonight's game will be the last we see of it until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see why people make a big deal out of it. Why does it bother you if there is pink on the field/uniforms/stadium/whatever for one month? I watch football to watch football, not to critique what people are wearing.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I dont see why people make a big deal out of it. Why does it bother you if there is pink on the field/uniforms/stadium/whatever for one month? I watch football to watch football, not to critique what people are wearing.

My point is proven. LOL.
Old 10-29-2012   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My point is proven. LOL.
What point? I am neither a woman nor a lefty. I just think it is dumb to get worked up over a color.

If I had my way, would there be a pinked out month? Nope. I think it is unfair to others suffering of other types of cancer and other diseases. But it is here, and it does not affect the actual football game one bit, so I dont see it as any big deal.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:

Don't think anyone's making a "big deal" out of this. It's the bye week, just something to discuss.
Old 10-29-2012   #20
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't have a problem with it for the most part. At least it's for a decent cause. But...for around 1/4 of the games in the regular season to see pink everywhere? That's way too much. Should be for 1 week only IMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read