Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-28-2012   #21
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Phillips leave after a Super Bowl?

So...your assuming we get to the Superbowl first.....
He might leave even if we dont......
He still thinks he can head coach. I would not put it past some owner to take a chance and sign him to be a head coach again.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt is our next d-coord.

Solved.
Old 10-28-2012   #23
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if Wade doesn't leave, how many more years do you think he want to do this job? He's getting up there in age and I hope he continues to coach here for a long time, but I hope we're also grooming a replacement d-coordinator behind the scenes. Someone like a Vance Joseph who has done a great job with the secondary over the past couple of years.
Old 10-28-2012   #24
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

To me it's all about looking at the NFL coaching carousel possilby next season.

To me there's likely going to be 3 premier openings S.D. , Dallas, and Philly.

There's likely to be an opening in K.C., Cleveland, and it's going to go down the wire to see if Rex can keep his job in N.Y. (Even then offensively the team is a cluster..)

We can cross off Dallas, I think they're going to go hard after Cowher or lure Gruden out of the booth. I also think Philly will be doing the same as well. At the end of the day I don't think either are going to be after him.

Though Wade does have some S.D. ties I also see AJ Smith prolly getting shown the door and this franchise is likely going to want to go in a totally different direction.

The rest will come down to how BADLY he really does want to be a HC because of the last 3 options....while there's differing parts to each none are premier or stepping into good situations.

At the end of the day.....he's got in damn good in Houston. He gets just as much control (and credit) as a HC here. He gets paid more than some HCs do, though I don't think money is a huge fact. He has a chance to be an icon in the city, if he already isn't. To top it off he's in a very stable situation, he doesn't have to look over his back all the time, and he's going to more than have his own say in personnel.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #25
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he may leave with or without winning a SB. Enjoy him while you have him because the only thing that moves more than the players are the coaches. Hopefully he retires here but somehow I don't think that is going to happen.
He is getting up there in age. The trend we see is for the younger OC/DC coordinators to get the Head coaching jobs. We are not really seeing older coaches, in their mid 60s who have never won superbowls getting the jobs. He may want a head coaching job, I just wonder if last year was his last real chance.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #26
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
To me it's all about looking at the NFL coaching carousel possilby next season.

To me there's likely going to be 3 premier openings S.D. , Dallas, and Philly.

There's likely to be an opening in K.C., Cleveland, and it's going to go down the wire to see if Rex can keep his job in N.Y. (Even then offensively the team is a cluster..)

We can cross off Dallas, I think they're going to go hard after Cowher or lure Gruden out of the booth. I also think Philly will be doing the same as well. At the end of the day I don't think either are going to be after him.

Though Wade does have some S.D. ties I also see AJ Smith prolly getting shown the door and this franchise is likely going to want to go in a totally different direction.

The rest will come down to how BADLY he really does want to be a HC because of the last 3 options....while there's differing parts to each none are premier or stepping into good situations.

At the end of the day.....he's got in damn good in Houston. He gets just as much control (and credit) as a HC here. He gets paid more than some HCs do, though I don't think money is a huge fact. He has a chance to be an icon in the city, if he already isn't. To top it off he's in a very stable situation, he doesn't have to look over his back all the time, and he's going to more than have his own say in personnel.
Hes making a house in houston, if he plans on moving away why build a house here? I think his wife and him decided its time to sette down..i feel he will be here for maybe 5 years then retires( hopefully we have a ring by then).
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

It's great that Wade is building a house here, but with the amount of jack he makes per year, he can afford a house or two in different parts do the country
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2012   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't worry about this. But, if I was a betting man, I would bet he'll be here next season. Nothing we can do about it anyway.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #29
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade wins superbowl, then retires from the NFL to bring a national championship to the University of Houston as head coach of them fighting H-town Coogazz!

OH YEAH!!

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Amazing that Phillips can be considered for 2012 but not 2013 due to age (66).
Amazing that all coaches have a house one place and cannot coach in another.
Amazing that some of you cannot think past next game. As long as I have a bowel movement today, no need to be concerned about having toilet paper for tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2012   #31
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Why does this keep getting brought up? Do you people have nothing better to do with your time other than starting threads on stupid imaginary thoughts?

He is TOO OLD to be hired as a head coach again. He failed as HC and his health is not great. He isn't going anywhere unless he retires. He will be our Dick LeBeau
People are always so quick to say that someone failed as a HC. How did he fail? He went 34-22 as a HC. He only had one losing season and was fired at mid point of that season. So he had 3 out of 4 winning seasons while coaching some of the worst misfit teams in history. ONe of those years they went 13-3 having the best record in the NFC. Wade is also the only HC to win a playoff game for the Cowboys for like 15 years or something like that . Wade did not fail at all. He had the type of success that a lot of coaches would have been proud of. Jerry gave him a really short leash and wanted Garrett all along. Wade did a pretty good job though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #32
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
JJ Watt is our next d-coord.

Solved.
Eh. Rex Ryan, Romeo Crennel, and Ron Rivera could all be looking for work next year. I'd take any of them to replace Wade.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just say no to that fat, obnoxious, bitchmade, piece of ****ing **** Rex Ryan. If that guy ever steps foot into our franchise, I'm done with the team until he's gone.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #34
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't give a ____ !

We'd have a superbowl, I'd be too busy relishing that to even care. Hopefully the Texans have learned their lesson.

IMO the coaches in the NFL are WAY WAY more important than the players. The players come and go but the coaches don't. If Wade leaves then pay another coveted DC and realize the importance of having great coaches.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #35
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Amazing that Phillips can be considered for 2012 but not 2013 due to age (66).
Amazing that all coaches have a house one place and cannot coach in another.
Amazing that some of you cannot think past next game. As long as I have a bowel movement today, no need to be concerned about having toilet paper for tomorrow.
Who pissed in your cheerios?
Old 10-29-2012   #36
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Just say no to that fat, obnoxious, bitchmade, piece of ****ing **** Rex Ryan. If that guy ever steps foot into our franchise, I'm done with the team until he's gone.
Dude, it's only football. Calm down.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #37
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

This topic is some serious cart-before-the-horse stuff.

Also, in case nobody has figured it out yet.....

When he says, "I'd like to be a head coach again"-

He means, "I'd absolutely take Gary's job if offered".
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would Phillips leave after a Super Bowl?
I don't know, but I look forward to finding out after our Super Bowl!
Old 10-29-2012   #39
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Its there an owner dumb enough to make Wade a head coach again?

The best defensive coach in the game, just a horrible head guy.

Then again, Norv has gotten a slew of jobs...
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #40
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Dude, it's only football. Calm down.
No, it's not "only football". I root for groups I can be proud of. I can't be proud of people I don't like.

It's about branding. It's about conducting your organization in a proper, respectable, orderly, classy fashion.

Rex Ryan is the antithesis of "Houston Texans", and the antithesis of all the reasons I love this football team.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read