Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2012   #61
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not quite as worried about the Vikings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
One TD (7) + Five Field Goals (15) = 22 points

Adrian Peterson 210 yards, 14 point game.... = 13 point

22 > 13

Unless my math is wrong, I think we still win.
I believe my post included the word ratio, and also referenced the realistic possibility we will not have as many possessions in the Minnesota game. (That means I don't expect us to have the opportunity to kick 5 field goals if the offense plays like it did against the Colts).

For example, two field goals and one TD would would be a big improvement over my 5 to 1 ratio, yet still would only get us a tie with your 13 points (which for the life of me I don't understand how you came up with as opposed to 14). This would necessitate overtime which would increase the chance of injury, and require additional physical and mental exertion on the part of our boys in Deep Steel Blue and that would be bad.

Any other questions?
Old 12-19-2012   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... I'm, "worried" about every game because well, you know, that whole "any given Sunday" thing. That said, I think that if the Texans can find a way to *ahem* sorta hold AD in check (meaning less than 200 yards rushing) the Texans should win. Ponder as a passer does not scare me at all.
Old 12-19-2012   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

P.S. If Jared Allen takes out Schaub's knee I will have to be restrained from bum-rushing the field and taking out Jared Allen's knee....
Old 12-20-2012   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
P.S. If Jared Allen takes out Schaub's knee I will have to be restrained from bum-rushing the field and taking out Jared Allen's knee....
Just don't trip over the wall.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #65
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Meh... I'm, "worried" about every game because well, you know, that whole "any given Sunday" thing. That said, I think that if the Texans can find a way to *ahem* sorta hold AD in check (meaning less than 200 yards rushing) the Texans should win. Ponder as a passer does not scare me at all.
Ponder as a play action running QB scares me though. We struggle against those mobile QBs.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #66
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm not sure about Mercilus; I didn't concentrate on him, I don't think he is (at least not a major concern.)

I think Kubiak was OK with his performance.

But I think I will go back and look at him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm not sure I agree with Lance Z.

It is quite possible that the game plan called for him to do certain things.
The same way Kubiak has been saying about Barwin doing his job.

IMO, it's all been about some guys holding the fort for another guy to make play.
If you keep looking for a certain guy to make play other than Watt, you would be dissapointed.

That's not how a defense works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That's the Koolaid talking. Nobody else designs a defense where one guy has the sole responsibility of making a play.

Indy has Mathis & Freeney, Minnesota has Allen, Williams, & Robison, Denver has Dumerville & Miller, Baltimore has Ngata & Suggs.

The fact that Jj Watt is the only Texan making plays is a problem.

Wade wanted to make sure that our end man stay home to guard against the play action pass.

He (Mercilus or Barwin) needed to make sure not to buy the play fake.
They would not allow Luck to roll-out.
They made sure there's no reverse.
At times they need to bump the TE or the FB, not allowing a free relase.

Basically, they were asked to contain the edges, unless they dropped into coverage or the D-call was for them to pass rush.

Yeah, there were definitely game-planning for Luck there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #67
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't complain about Merciless right now. He looks better than Reed and Barwin combined.

OLB is a concern for me. They just haven't been good enough IMO. You have Watt playing the way he is, you should have the most dominant defensive front in the league hands down. Need other guys to step up to make that happen.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2012   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are tied for 2nd in sacks 1 back of 1st place. Just sayin'

That is with a lot of teams taking a quick passing game approach.
Old 12-23-2012   #69
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Is everyone on the same page now?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #70
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Great thread.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read