Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2012   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not quite as worried about the Vikings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I think everyone should be worried about this game. The Vikings are very physical and are a winning football team fighting for their playoff lives. They beat the 49ers, Lions, Chicago, and gave Green Bay fits.

Quite honestly, we have only beaten 3 winning teams since October... Colts, Bears, Ravens. We have MAJOR concerns at LB right now.

This is a HUGE game, and they are going to need a lively crowd to help the cause.

Can't wait to get the part started, but I know this will hardly be a cakewalk.
It ain't no fun if you walk all over the cake!
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #42
Oz Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 125 Oz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOz Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think everyone should be worried about this game. The Vikings are very physical and are a winning football team fighting for their playoff lives. They beat the 49ers, Lions, Chicago, and gave Green Bay fits.

Quite honestly, we have only beaten 3 winning teams since October... Colts, Bears, Ravens. We have MAJOR concerns at LB right now.

This is a HUGE game, and they are going to need a lively crowd to help the cause.

Concidering we have only played 4 winning teams since October that means we have won 3. Yes we have ILB concerns but its not the end of the world.
We can only play our schedule and 3-1 vs playoff teams since October is not so bad.
Oz Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Barrett Rudd?
Old 12-19-2012   #44
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, Minnesota's only beaten one winning team since October, and they also only beat one winning team prior to that. They've only got two victories over winning teams all season, and one of those was against Chicago, who they've also lost to (28-10 in early November).

Yeah, every NFL game is a concern, and Minnesota may be a slightly above average team (although not on the road), but this isn't about them. This is about the Texans, and if they play the way they should and they can, then it will be a comfortable victory. It's not about the opponent, it's all about the Texans.
Old 12-19-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, my problem is that the vast majority of animated gifs are in one game: Vs. the Titans.

Let's take a look at some animated gifs of Schaub vs. the Packers and the Patriots. I bet he looks equally unimpressive.

And the graph shown? Through week 5 or 6, which was right around the time of the Titans game...right?

So it's possible that even though Ponder isn't Superman in football cleats...he just might have settled down a bit. It's possible, btw, that they ALL figured out they just hand it off to Adrian Peterson and let him get 200+ yards and multiple TDs every game.

This game is not a gimmee game. We can lose this game. It's definitely possible. Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

As 76 has said: Our guys have shown the ability to look lost and out of sync, which is what happened vs. the Jags. And to the Lions, too, I might add. Both those games were OT victories that if we're being honest here...our two opponents had their chances to seal off a win and we were veteran enough to withstand the onslaught from them.
Old 12-19-2012   #46
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Texan View Post
Concidering we have only played 4 winning teams since October that means we have won 3. Yes we have ILB concerns but its not the end of the world.
We can only play our schedule and 3-1 vs playoff teams since October is not so bad.
Is Mercilus not a concern?

Quote:
* Teams know that they can run the ball effectively towards Antonio Smith and Whitney Mercilus’ side as long as the LBs are playing the way they are.* Smith is a true 1-gapper who is always fighting to get up the field but it is sometimes at the expense of his own awareness of where the ball carrier is.* Mercilus is just not aggressive in setting the edge against the run and teams are definitely noticing.* Adrian Peterson will definitely test their chins this week.

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...major-concern/
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Let us also not forget that the Vikings have a legitimate, bonafide Schaub Injury Creator named Jared Allen who is as dirty as Suh is.

That guy will be looking to hurt Schaub, 100%.

Which only amplifies the pucker factor, IMO.

Get this last win, stay injury free, and we've nabbed HFA and can let Yates and Grimes and the 3rd string gang get some reps in Indy.
Old 12-19-2012   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, my problem is that the vast majority of animated gifs are in one game: Vs. the Titans.

Let's take a look at some animated gifs of Schaub vs. the Packers and the Patriots. I bet he looks equally unimpressive.

And the graph shown? Through week 5 or 6, which was right around the time of the Titans game...right?

So it's possible that even though Ponder isn't Superman in football cleats...he just might have settled down a bit. It's possible, btw, that they ALL figured out they just hand it off to Adrian Peterson and let him get 200+ yards and multiple TDs every game.

This game is not a gimmee game. We can lose this game. It's definitely possible. Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

As 76 has said: Our guys have shown the ability to look lost and out of sync, which is what happened vs. the Jags. And to the Lions, too, I might add. Both those games were OT victories that if we're being honest here...our two opponents had their chances to seal off a win and we were veteran enough to withstand the onslaught from them.
I wouldn't call "looking lost" an ability (J/k).

Other than that, this game should be all about the Texans.
They say they are hungry, let them show us that they really are.

I want to see them fight.
Nothing is given in this league; you ought to go take it.
Old 12-19-2012   #49
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Let us also not forget that the Vikings have a legitimate, bonafide Schaub Injury Creator named Jared Allen who is as dirty as Suh is.

That guy will be looking to hurt Schaub, 100%.

Which only amplifies the pucker factor, IMO.

Get this last win, stay injury free, and we've nabbed HFA and can let Yates and Grimes and the 3rd string gang get some reps in Indy.
I agree with the Jared Allen concern. I will be BESIDE myself if something happens to Schaub! Someone please chop block that basterd right out of the game on play#1!
Old 12-19-2012   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not sure about Mercilus; I didn't concentrate on him, I don't think he is (at least not a major concern.)

I think Kubiak was OK with his performance.

But I think I will go back and look at him.
Old 12-19-2012   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure I agree with Lance Z.

It is quite possible that the game plan called for him to do certain things.
The same way Kubiak has been saying about Barwin doing his job.

IMO, it's all been about some guys holding the fort for another guy to make play.
If you keep looking for a certain guy to make play other than Watt, you would be dissapointed.

That's not how a defense works.
Old 12-19-2012   #52
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Brooks Reed returned to practice and has a "good chance" to play Sunday. Per Kubiak presser.
Old 12-19-2012   #53
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Brooks Reed returned to practice and has a "good chance" to play Sunday. Per Kubiak presser.
I hope he studies the ILB position during his down time and get some snaps there. probably not but hoping.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #54
76Texan
Hall of Fame

All hands on deck, those who can.

Let's go boys; you have waited long enough!
Old 12-19-2012   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
For those of you dismissing Ponder. Never forget:

For one game Chad Henne was Dan Marino.
But Brandon Harris wasn't playing then.
Old 12-19-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post

(His 210 yard game against the Packers was in a 23-14 Viking loss).

With all the rushing I expect in this game, it could be a very short game with a relatively small number of possesions for each team. Because of that, I think the Texans red zone efficiency is going to play a critical part in this game. An offensive ratio of one TD to five field goals like we had in the Indy game likely won't be good enough.
One TD (7) + Five Field Goals (15) = 22 points

Adrian Peterson 210 yards, 14 point game.... = 13 point

22 > 13

Unless my math is wrong, I think we still win.
Old 12-19-2012   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm not sure I agree with Lance Z.

It is quite possible that the game plan called for him to do certain things.
The same way Kubiak has been saying about Barwin doing his job.

IMO, it's all been about some guys holding the fort for another guy to make play.
If you keep looking for a certain guy to make play other than Watt, you would be dissapointed.

That's not how a defense works.
That's the Koolaid talking. Nobody else designs a defense where one guy has the sole responsibility of making a play.

Indy has Mathis & Freeney, Minnesota has Allen, Williams, & Robison, Denver has Dumerville & Miller, Baltimore has Ngata & Suggs.

The fact that Jj Watt is the only Texan making plays is a problem.
Old 12-19-2012   #58
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
But Brandon Harris wasn't playing then.
Not sure if serious....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #59
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
For those of you dismissing Ponder. Never forget:

For one game Chad Henne was Dan Marino.
Dan Marino? I think not. Yeah, Henne had 354 yards in that game but 211 of it was on 3 completions. He was 13-30 (43%) for 143 yards the rest of the day. He was 1-9 for 15 yards in the OT period. Henne didn't even complete 50% of his passes for the game 16-33, 48%. Giving up the big play is what killed the Texans, not so much Henne.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That's the Koolaid talking. Nobody else designs a defense where one guy has the sole responsibility of making a play.

Indy has Mathis & Freeney, Minnesota has Allen, Williams, & Robison, Denver has Dumerville & Miller, Baltimore has Ngata & Suggs.

The fact that Jj Watt is the only Texan making plays is a problem.
I hate politicians!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read