Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2012   #41
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
If the McNair's are serious about retaining JJ Watt is minority stake ownership out of the question?
LOL. Well, I'm sure that McNair will be interested in keeping JJ, but, I doubt if he will give up minority ownership in a billion dollar corporation.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #42
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

You don't know what his health is going to be in the future....what kind of production he will have depending on his health.....his defensive coodinator.....ect ect ect......too soon for this thread.....you need to wait a few years before starting to think about this one.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #43
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
You don't know what his health is going to be in the future....what kind of production he will have depending on his health.....his defensive coodinator.....ect ect ect......too soon for this thread.....you need to wait a few years before starting to think about this one.....
Hopefully rick smith dont think like you....
Old 10-29-2012   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
If Watt keeps up his pace, he'll be the the first defensive player to win league MVP since LT in the 80s. That fact alone will give his agent all the fuel he needs to have Watt's contract restructured in the near future.
Rookie contracts cannot be restructured. The player can be cut, traded, extended, or franchised, that's it. The Texans and everyone on this board, has no need to worry about Watt until 2014. Just enjoy the season, no reason to worry or get all gloomy about the team's finances right now. We can deal with all that in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
If the McNair's are serious about retaining JJ Watt is minority stake ownership out of the question?
I assume this is a joke because even Tom Brady isn't worth giving a minority stake of ownership.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #45
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Rookie contracts cannot be restructured. The player can be cut, traded, extended, or franchised, that's it. The Texans and everyone on this board, has no need to worry about Watt until 2014. Just enjoy the season, no reason to worry or get all gloomy about the team's finances right now. We can deal with all that in the offseason.
They can't be restructured until after their third contract year (which might be what you're saying when you reference 2014, but it could potentially be prior to the 2014 season).
Old 10-29-2012   #46
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
They can't be restructured until after their third contract year (which might be what you're saying when you reference 2014, but it could potentially be prior to the 2014 season).
Yeah, but even still, the team probably isn't going to restructure his 4th year unless he holds out. He's scheduled to make 1.9 million in salary and count 1.68 million in signing bonus against the cap that year, and I expect him to get some playtime bonuses to raise that total over 4 million that year. The 5th year 1st round option should pay him about 7-9 million, and then they could franchise him for his 6th year if needed. I seriously doubt JJ Watt holds out, but I suppose he could. In any case, it shouldn't be a concern of anyone until he at least hints at doing so.
Old 10-30-2012   #47
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, but even still, the team probably isn't going to restructure his 4th year unless he holds out. He's scheduled to make 1.9 million in salary and count 1.68 million in signing bonus against the cap that year, and I expect him to get some playtime bonuses to raise that total over 4 million that year. The 5th year 1st round option should pay him about 7-9 million, and then they could franchise him for his 6th year if needed. I seriously doubt JJ Watt holds out, but I suppose he could. In any case, it shouldn't be a concern of anyone until he at least hints at doing so.
I was of the impression that hold-outs etc are now difficult for guys on rookie contracts to pull.

Who's got the option on the 5th year? Club, player, or both? I could imagine that being a tricky situation if Watt's performance continues at the same rate.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2012   #48
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Norg, you have no idea what you're talking about.
yeah i do our team builds through the draft and from here on out will rarely splurge in Free agency Rick has long terms plans on our team to mimmic on building it like the steelers and packers teams that have longevity may not win the SB every year but get to at least 9 wins every year

the only reason we did it 2 years ago is because the Kubes regime was at risk of well going away
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #49
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah i do our team builds through the draft and from here on out will rarely splurge in Free agency Rick has long terms plans on our team to mimmic on building it like the steelers and packers teams that have longevity may not win the SB every year but get to at least 9 wins every year

the only reason we did it 2 years ago is because the Kubes regime was at risk of well going away
Norg, I'm gonna rep this post. You actually appear literate in it. Please keep this up. I know we're in a text-talk generation and everything but most of your posts are literally a chore to read.

Just a little bit of punctuation and I think you'd get a much better reception round here.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #50
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Norg, I'm gonna rep this post. You actually appear literate in it. Please keep this up. I know we're in a text-talk generation and everything but most of your posts are literally a chore to read.

Just a little bit of punctuation and I think you'd get a much better reception round here.
"""know we're in a text-talk generation """" nuff said u must realize most kids my age and the younger kids now........... punctuation is a dying Art form esp on the internet

the only time i would ever work on punctuation is if im doing a english essay LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #51
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I was of the impression that hold-outs etc are now difficult for guys on rookie contracts to pull.

Who's got the option on the 5th year? Club, player, or both? I could imagine that being a tricky situation if Watt's performance continues at the same rate.
Holdouts for drafted rookies to sign their first deal pretty much won't happen any more (ala Crabtree). Chris Johnson "I'm underpaid but still on my rookie contract" type holdouts can occur, but teams can't increase the money until after the third season. As it stands now, JJ Watt will definitely be playing under his rookie deal for at least another two years, but the team could choose to modify the 4th year to give him some more cash. I don't really see that happening, since the front office waited forever to pay Ryans and OD.

Since JJ was a first round pick, and in the 11-32 range, there is a 5th round team option to add another year to his deal. That cost will be the average salary of the 3-25 players at DE for that year. I'm guessing that will be about 7-9 million. Not a bad deal for him or the team, he gets some more money and he doesn't break the Texans' bank. After that, they will franchise tag him at worst, or sign him to a good long term deal at best. Either way, he's not leaving the team.
Old 10-30-2012   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"""know we're in a text-talk generation """" nuff said u must realize most kids my age and the younger kids now........... punctuation is a dying Art form esp on the internet

the only time i would ever work on punctuation is if im doing a english essay LOL
And most of your posts will be continued to be ignored until you do. Most of the time, your posts don't make any sense. You could be saying this, you could be saying that. Without punctuation, you know what you're trying to say but no one else does.

When you're texting, you can get away with some things. Your posts are shorter and the fact that it's a different message means there's a period in there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I gotta admit that I read them just for the "Norg-Speak". I used to find them annoying and difficult to understand. Lately though I think he's been making a little more sense (or I'm getting better at operating my Enigma machine) and I take on sorting it all out as a kind of game.
Old 10-30-2012   #54
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:

Translation:

Quote:
I know we're in a text-talk generation and everything but most of your posts are literally a chore to read.
Enough said my friend! I implore you to consider my position that most children my age and even younger pupils nowadays, simply do not hold punctuation in the high regard that it once was. It was once an art form to cohesively convey your thoughts towards one another through pen and paper, and it was extremely important to do so given the limited parameters of communication. However, since the advent of the internet, people take for granted the immense amount of information that can be transferred among individuals at such great speeds. Rather than taking the time to tailor their message to comply with MLA or AMA guidelines, they spew out the garbled, incoherent and oft times rambling thoughts with a smattering of seemingly random keys, and hope to get their point across. If this does not work, they simply follow up with another somewhat more coherent message to try to explain the first.

I prefer to not concern myself with the overhead of mind numbing punctuation standards, unless of course I'm being graded. Then, and only then, will I apply my brain cells to worry about commas and periods! I appreciate your concern sir, and I shall heed your complaint, but I cannot promise I shall comply with your request. Good day to you!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read