Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

ref mixup?

clutch

Noob
2nd quarter with 9:24 left..Baltimore is forced to punt on a 4th and 4..
Martin gets it at the 26th yard line..
Flag thrown..on Texans Garrett Gramm for a face mask..half the distance to the goal..
line of scrimmage was the 26th yard line but the refs moved it to the 42 adding 15 yards in favor of the Texans...
my question is.. shouldn't the ravens have got the ball back after the flag was called on us?
Also why did they give us an extra 15 yards and not taken away yards which would have put us on the 13 yard line.(half the distance to the goal).

He called the foul wrong. It was on Baltimore.

The announcer said Garret Graham because of the number but there was also an 88 on the field for the Ravens - Dennis Pitta.

i'm glad you asked, i'd been wondering what happened there. i assumed it was graham because of the announcers and thought we got a mistakenly given gift to be on the 40 something instead of inside our 20.

Like infantrycak said before, the initial call was incorrect. Ref later came out and corrected the call, stating it was against Baltimore.

Like infantrycak said before, the initial call was incorrect. Ref later came out and corrected the call, stating it was against Baltimore.

It very well could be that I stepped away while they did it, but I don't remember either the corrected referee call or a verbal correction being given by Gumbel/Dierdorf on the television broadcast.

It very well could be that I stepped away while they did it, but I don't remember either the corrected referee call or a verbal correction being given by Gumbel/Dierdorf on the television broadcast.
The broadcasters didn't correct the mistake. At least not that I recall.

Back