Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-28-2014   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Your ears are burning.

My latest at Chron.

The open-minded fan’s guide to the NFL draft

Old schoolers are featured in the introduction.

Congratulations for being a message board that is still worth a **** more often than not. We rule.

Not sure that there is anything profound in that post, but I think it rationally frames the issues going into any draft with any fans. And is my basic response when I'm talking about the draft, that I can just link them to.

Old 01-28-2014   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your ears are burning.

Well done as usual. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2014   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the part where you post the link so I don't have to click on the Chronicle website 3 times to get there.
Old 01-28-2014   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.”
I would love to see that disappear. The '06 off season was painful on oh so many levels.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Baldwin should be delivering pizzas to Watt today.

Nice writeup, Steph.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errant Hothy View Post
Quote:
“Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.”
Pretty sure one of those was me and I was one of those rooting to draft Mario.

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #7
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
J.J. Watt before the combine was thought by some as a try hard motor guy (um white?).
HA!! Well, yeah.

Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2014   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
My latest at Chron.

Old schoolers are featured in the introduction.

Congratulations for being a message board that is still worth a **** more often than not. We rule.

Not sure that there is anything profound in that post, but I think it rationally frames the issues going into any draft with any fans. And is my basic response when I'm talking about the draft, that I can just link them to.

Loved it. But good luck expecting level-headed thinking, sanity, and patience from most FAN(antic)s
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
My latest at Chron.

Quote:
Fanboy guy. This is the type of draft talk I loathe…

Fan likes a particular player or need picked number one. They lock into that.

Then they hype up everything good about that guy, and ignore or dismiss everything bad.

Agreed.
Old 01-28-2014   #10
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

2006 was a fun offseason. I remember quite a bit of good discussion and analysis about the players pros and cons. Sure, you hand your VY jock swingers, but most people were willing to look at things objectively and have an intelligent discussion (good times, where have you gone?) about prospects.

I was D'Brickawall Ferguson guy, but Mario was my 1b by April. I would have booed VY or Bush though. I did not like how their game translated to the NFL and I thought it was pretty obvious they were not going to be great players.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans are fans and shouldn't be expected to be rational. Sports writers are different and will be held accountable for their words. Besides which, my ears burn so much they should have fallen off years ago. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoyed the read Steph and the memories. I was on the original MB then & upgraded April 2007. I wanted the Brick for LT with Bush as my second choice. Took me a bit to acclimate to the Mario train. Sports is all about emotion and the rah rah of getting "your guy" in draft or doing well on field. I agree that too many take it too far and get angry at others or go the name calling route.
Old 01-29-2014   #13
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Enjoyed the read Steph and the memories. I was on the original MB then & upgraded April 2007. I wanted the Brick for LT with Bush as my second choice. Took me a bit to acclimate to the Mario train. Sports is all about emotion and the rah rah of getting "your guy" in draft or doing well on field. I agree that too many take it too far and get angry at others or go the name calling route.
Man I felt really excited last year when we got "my guy" in Hopkins. Hopefully it happens again this year
Old 01-29-2014   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Man I felt really excited last year when we got "my guy" in Hopkins. Hopefully it happens again this year
Yeah and you probably will as TB seems to be the consensus. I was on his train until I watched some of this last season and there was just too much of things concerning me then research revealed I was not the only one concerned. Still other than height and that will be revealed at combine, Boyd does much of the same things.
Old 01-29-2014   #15
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

TT gets some love on the interwebs! Schweet.

For the record I think we're going to beat the 2006 most users online mark.
Old 01-29-2014   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah and you probably will as TB seems to be the consensus. I was on his train until I watched some of this last season and there was just too much of things concerning me then research revealed I was not the only one concerned. Still other than height and that will be revealed at combine, Boyd does much of the same things.
Boyd's footwork sucks and seems to reflect a lot of uncertainty between his ears. I really don't understand this urge to claim Bridgewater is just a potato chip thickness better than these later round guys.
Old 01-29-2014   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
TT gets some love on the interwebs! Schweet.

For the record I think we're going to beat the 2006 most users online mark.
Clowney with Mario role, TB/Bortles/Manning with Young role but who/position takes Bush role?
Old 01-29-2014   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Clowney with Mario role, TB/Bortles/Manning with Young role but who/position takes Bush role?

Manning?
Old 01-29-2014   #19
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd say that Manziel is a Bush/Young combination. That electric prospect ultimately with questions about translating to the NFL (Bush) who also had a ton of success and comes from an in-state school, yes has some off-the-field intangible question marks (Young).
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Good piece, should've quoted me more.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read