Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-23-2012   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Florida State RB Chris Thompson done for year

This is why more & more underclassman choose to turn pro early, the game takes no prisoners. Sad news as always & wish him the very best in his newest rehab, hopefully he makes a full recovery. Heck, maybe even come play for the Texans someday?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...or-the-season-

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Florida State RB Chris Thompson done for year

He's a senior, so he may go into the draft anyways. At 5'8 187 pounds, I'm not so sure he would be much use to the Texans. I don't think we have ever used a back that small in the Kubiak era, but he sure does seem quick.

He had a "near-career ending neck injury" last year, so I imagine his stock will plummet. Seems too risky to be a 1-4 round pick, but I'm sure someone will take a chance on him in the later rounds. I don't think he would fit the Texans very well, and I wouldn't want to risk it given his injuries. We do need to draft a RB to fill Tate's spot when he leaves in two years, I would prefer a bigger, stouter back though, like an Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris or Roy Helu type. Under 6 foot guys that are 220+ and can take a beating while plowing through the defense.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read