Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-22-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Mnf

just tuned into MNF. I've been watching the score. Looks like it's been 13-0 forever. Hasn't the Lions been known to make incredible 4th qtr come backs? Why has Luvy Smith taken his foot off the gas & let Detroit hang around?
Old 10-22-2012   #2
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mnf

Lions can't do **** tonight. They have 3 turnovers in the red zone.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Lions game doesn't seem intimidating at all anymore, but the Bears are going to be a real challenge.
Old 10-22-2012   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Lions game doesn't seem intimidating at all anymore, but the Bears are going to be a real challenge.
Yeah, I'll be worried come Thanksgiving Day but not like I would have been, say, three weeks ago.

Agreed on Chicago too. I haven't seen them this year, tonight included, but a quick look at their defensive stats gives a guy pause. However, as usual, the "O" comes last in "Chicago" and I think our defense can make their lives a living hell for a game.
Old 10-23-2012   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Stafford looked awful. He's just not handling pressure well. I don't think they have the o-line to handle the Texans pass rush. The key will be the Jags game and whether some key defenders will get some rest.

The Bears game will be a war. I don't think either team will make it to 20 points. Special teams could be the difference maker, and that would give the Bears the edge.
Old 10-23-2012   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Stafford looked awful. He's just not handling pressure well. I don't think they have the o-line to handle the Texans pass rush. The key will be the Jags game and whether some key defenders will get some rest.

The Bears game will be a war. I don't think either team will make it to 20 points. Special teams could be the difference maker, and that would give the Bears the edge.
Absolutely right about special teams. Could very well be the deal-breaker right there.

(I finally got to use that emoticon in an appropriate way. )
Old 10-23-2012   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I generally agree. Schaub is going to need to be very careful against a very opportunistic D. At the same time, I do not think Cutler is a brainiac and can be fooled into mistakes. ST we will have to overcome. Detroit did have some surprising success running on Chicago at times.

On the Lions, who the f@#k designs Calvin Johnson's routes? Are they doing anything to develop him into being more than just big? He is in his 6th season. He should be showing much better routes and understanding of coverage. Stafford's inconsistency and judgment are clearly issues as well.
Old 10-23-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions will play INSPIRED football on Thanksgiving Day. Guarantee it.

They'll try and pull a Green Bay on us, try to use the energy of their home crowd...but they don't have the horses that Aaron Rodgers and the GB team has.

Still, the Texans have to act like the Lions game is tougher than it looks on paper. A slip of focus, a few bad bounces, and a rabid Lions' crowd can make things change in a hurry.

Run the ball. Period. We have to get back to the foundation of this team's success, which is the establishment of the run game. The o-line needs to make those DLs and LBs and CBs and Safeties focus on pursuing the run plays, make the defense anticipate the RB coming into their area, and then watch the fireworks off the bootlegs and other PA plays of ours.
Old 10-23-2012   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think this will be the first great test for our offense going up against a great defense in Chicago this year. That game is going to be a ton of fun to watch.
Old 10-23-2012   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Suh is going to make me very nervous on Thanksgiving. He's a dirty player, and if he manages to get his hands on Matt Schaub then I'm going to cross my fingers that he doesn't doing something illegal. I'd have no problem if Suh misses that game with a sprained ankle or something.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Suh is going to make me very nervous on Thanksgiving. He's a dirty player, and if he manages to get his hands on Matt Schaub then I'm going to cross my fingers that he doesn't doing something illegal. I'd have no problem if Suh misses that game with a sprained ankle or something.

This. He's the new Albert Haynesworth and I don't want him in the same state as Matt Schaub if it can be helped.

Unfortunately it can't be helped. Texans OL better have their head in the game if Matt expects to keep his on his shoulders.
Old 10-23-2012   #12
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really looking forward to the Chicago game. It will feature two of the most balanced teams in the NFL. Two great defenses going at it, both teams like to run the ball with their feature back. The game will probably comedown to how Cutler & Schaub handle the pressure.

Detroit just doesn't look as good as they did last year. Their offense doesn't look as good, they don't really have a running game and their defense isn't good. If Houston can stop Megatron that game can easily be lopsided.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, I'll be worried come Thanksgiving Day but not like I would have been, say, three weeks ago.

Agreed on Chicago too. I haven't seen them this year, tonight included, but a quick look at their defensive stats gives a guy pause. However, as usual, the "O" comes last in "Chicago" and I think our defense can make their lives a living hell for a game.
long as we take care of the ball we'll be fine against Chicago. The Lions drove the ball just fine, just had stupid mistakes in the red zone. Their offense doesn't scare me 1 iota either.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
long as we take care of the ball we'll be fine against Chicago. The Lions drove the ball just fine, just had stupid mistakes in the red zone. Their offense doesn't scare me 1 iota either.
Their offense is good, but the O-line has games where it's absolutely terrible. Watt, Smith, and the rest of the front 7 could have a potential field day against them. Cutler can get rattled also and I can imagine a scenario where he has a game like Flacco did on Sunday. Maybe not as bad, but Cutler isn't going to make a bunch of plays if he starts feeling the heat.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #15
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Their offense is good, but the O-line has games where it's absolutely terrible. Watt, Smith, and the rest of the front 7 could have a potential field day against them. Cutler can get rattled also and I can imagine a scenario where he has a game like Flacco did on Sunday. Maybe not as bad, but Cutler isn't going to make a bunch of plays if he starts feeling the heat.
When we play Chicago, I'm hoping for 10 sacks in the first half. Want to out-do the Giants of 2010. I know, a lot to hope for, but none-the-less, that's where my hope is going.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The thing is, they could run the ball really well with Forte........but they won't due to playcalliing.

We will pressure Cutler & he's gonna do 1 of 2 things: A.- he's gonna get sacked alot or B.- throw up a ton of 50/50 balls to marshall. Given his tendencies in the past, i'd bet on the 50/50 balls b/c more than anything, i just don't think he can help himself.........that's who he his; He trusts his arm too much.

& to that, i say, Manning & J-Jo will be waiting on those balls ..........so that they can pad their stats.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #17
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This. He's the new Albert Haynesworth and I don't want him in the same state as Matt Schaub if it can be helped.

Unfortunately it can't be helped. Texans OL better have their head in the game if Matt expects to keep his on his shoulders.
I think we're going to run the ball a lot and Suh won't be anywhere near him on playaction.

But yeah, I trust Suh to play clean about an inch more than I trust Haynesworth.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read