Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2012   #41
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Don't forget the broken ankle that cost him his rookie year.
Oh I haven't. I remember he was nicked up (hammy issues back then too) in T/C last year. there were folks talking about trading Foster to keep Tate - "no sense paying two starting-caliber RBs" - riiiight...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #42
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3605 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

So Tate is definetley out. Forsett and Grimes backing up Foster.
Old 11-02-2012   #43
k2djspike
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 k2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
So Tate is definetley out. Forsett and Grimes backing up Foster.
I thought Grimes was picked up by the Jets?
k2djspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2djspike View Post
he was. But we traded 3 first round draft choices to get him back.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #45
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
he was. But we traded 3 first round draft choices to get him back.
The truth will set you free!.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was cut again as regular RBs were coming back & Texans pick him up again. He is on roster not practice squad.
Old 11-02-2012   #47
k2djspike
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 k2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
He was cut again as regular RBs were coming back & Texans pick him up again. He is on roster not practice squad.
Thanks! I was confused for a second
k2djspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2012   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks! I was confused for a second
It is easy to not catch everything especially with less significant players such as Grimes. You just about have to read every post to keep up. Of course, that means giving up any social life but hey...
Old 11-02-2012   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is easy to not catch everything especially with less significant players such as Grimes. You just about have to read every post to keep up. Of course, that means giving up any social life but hey...
Ah yes....social life. Such a long, long time ago.

I remember him. he was a good lad.
Old 11-02-2012   #50
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is this "social life" thing you speak of? It sounds vaguely familiar, as if I might have known about it some time ago.

Old 11-06-2012   #51
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Link

Quote:
Tate making slow progress

Running back Ben Tate missed the Buffalo game because of a pulled hamstring. Coach Gary Kubiak didnt sound optimistic about Tates return for the Chicago game.

For me to say yes, hes going to be there I think is a little bit of a stretch right now, Kubiak said. Im hoping Wednesday or Thursday hes back on the field doing some stuff, at least with the trainers, and well see. But (hes) not as far along as we had expected.
Something definitely going on behind the scenes. I'm sensing that Tate has copped an attitude, and Kubes has picked up on it. Not good. Not good at all.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #52
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Link

Something definitely going on behind the scenes. I'm sensing that Tate has copped an attitude, and Kubes has picked up on it. Not good. Not good at all.
As fans, I'm sure we don't really know what's going on. But, one thing is for sure, he has been an injury bust as a player so far. I want him back to last seasons form, but so far this year he's done nothing. If he continues this, then all I can is is two out of three years here he's done nothing. That pretty much looks like a bust to me.

Old 11-06-2012   #53
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link

... or maybe tate's hamstring isn't game ready yet? i'm not quite sure where you're getting the other stuff.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #54
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching his trade value plummet by the week.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #55
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link

GP would approve of this post.
Old 11-06-2012   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Watching his trade value plummet by the week.
Coulda had an early 2nd for him last offseason

I don't think he would fetch a third at this point.
Old 11-06-2012   #57
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
... or maybe tate's hamstring isn't game ready yet? i'm not quite sure where you're getting the other stuff.
or it's not really a hamstring pull but something else, the way both him and Ed Reed fell on each other was definitely odd. It's not like teams are really transparent on what they consider injuries.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Old 11-06-2012   #59
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Oh sh!t.

I absolutely and categorically retract my earlier statement.

Searching for buttplug now!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012   #60
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
What is this "social life" thing you speak of? It sounds vaguely familiar, as if I might have known about it some time ago.
lest ye forget...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read