Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012   #61
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anything LESS THAN A SUPERBOWL APPEARANCE is a FAILURE

"You have voted this thread 1 star"
Old 10-23-2012   #62
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
That is a ridiculous post imo. You have your built-in excuses for failure handy and ready to go. More power to you.

Some people are afraid of success.

I think you misunderstood my post, where I was making light of the fact the OP was starting "an anything less than a superbowl thread", just a week or 2 after starting an "I still don't trust Kubiak and Schaub" thread

Old 10-23-2012   #63
JBIITEXANS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If the The AFC Championship game isn't in Houston, I would bet there will be a gaggle of fans waiting for the team to return to Reliant to show their support.

If they come home with the AFC Championship, the party will never stop.

I'll be taking about a weeks worth of vacation.
Fiddler, I'm all for welcoming the team back if they lose the AFC Championship, for example, meeting them at the airport, but not by having a big celebration like the luv ya blue teams did at the Astrodome.
Old 10-23-2012   #64
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 338 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

if they make it to the afc chapionship its still farther then we did last year so imo thats a success
Old 10-24-2012   #65
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have not check out the HT.com forum for awhile. I was looking up something last night and stumbled across it. I read a few threads....and now I understand this thread.
Old 10-24-2012   #66
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
if they make it to the afc chapionship its still farther then we did last year so imo thats a success
With all due respect, this is where I disagree with the New liberal age, "Everyone's a winner" type of philosophy. The WHOLE point of a sports season, be it football, basketball, whatever, is to get that ring. If you come up short, then you have failed. Sure, there are time's were teams rebuild and don't even sniff the playoffs, but the point of the rebuilding is to strive for a championship.

Why do teams like Dallas, Pittsburg, Green Bay, etc have such a big following? Because they have achieved the pinnacle of success in football. You can take your moral victories, I'll take a Lombardi Trophy.

Do you honestly think any true competitor goes home with his team getting a conference or division title and is satisfied with that? I would hope not.
Old 10-24-2012   #67
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2012   #68
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I have not check out the HT.com forum for awhile. I was looking up something last night and stumbled across it. I read a few threads....and now I understand this thread.
Link it up homeboy

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out who he was on the HT boards. Here have some linkage for some more RANDOMLY CAPITALIZED words and TALK OF HOW MEDIOCRE WE ARE. For real fun (or masochism, whichever term you prefer) his responses to what he perceives as attacks to his character are pretty priceless:

The History of Houston Texans: NO GUTS, NO GLORY
At the end of the day, Gary Kubiak IS A DETRIMENT to OUR SUCCESS
After reading this article... TEXANS MUST RE SIGN Mario Williams!!!
Matt Schaub has given us MORE CRIES than SMILES
Healthy Payton Manning + Texans = Superbowl

Talk about an ocean of bad opinions and trolling.

EDIT2: I think my main problem with our new savant DTE is that he starts a thread with every new innovative and creative thought he has about the Texans. It's just really grating.
Old 10-24-2012   #69
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Question for the OP: When did you become a Texans fan and who was your team before we won a playoff game?
Why does this matter at all? Even if someone were a bandwagon fan, does that really make what they have to say any less "important" than fans who have been fans since Houston was announced as getting an expansion team?
Old 10-24-2012   #70
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Link it up homeboy

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out who he was on the HT boards. Here have some linkage for some more RANDOMLY CAPITALIZED words and TALK OF HOW MEDIOCRE WE ARE. For real fun (or masochism, whichever term you prefer) his responses to what he perceives as attacks to his character are pretty priceless:

EDIT2: I think my main problem with our new savant DTE is that he starts a thread with every new innovative and creative thought he has about the Texans. It's just really grating.

LOL so he was banned after all!

No wonder he is over here now.

Not gonna lie though, I have never seen a user get banned from here. I've only been here for a year, but is it somewhat rare to get banned from this site?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Old 10-24-2012   #71
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just happy to be along for the ride, regardless of how far we get this season. I really enjoy watching this team, on both sides of the ball. I look forward to the game all week long...since I started following these boys they have repaid my spectating with some moments of brilliance and some thrilling performances, and a few frustrating moments too (notwithstanding that awful packers game recently).. So, I'm on board, enjoying the ride and certainly won't feel that it's been an unsuccessful season if we don't make a SB app. The way I see it this team could make it to the SB this season, next season or the season after as long as we stay healthy, keep most our key players, make a few of good draft upgrades. The future looks bright ...

Disclaimer: Correct me if I'm wrong guys...I'm still liable to say things which may cause seasoned NFL and Texan fans to be like 'say whaaa?' lol
Old 10-24-2012   #72
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

Not gonna lie though, I have never seen a user get banned from here. I've only been here for a year, but is it somewhat rare to get banned from this site?
There's been a couple but I think it's more for starting like spam advertisement threads and spamming private messages.
Old 10-24-2012   #73
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link it up homeboy

Thanks for linking all those, +rep.

Personally, I've had enough of this child's threads, so I think it's time to commence the negging!

Old 10-24-2012   #74
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's rare but it has happened a few times since I have been around.
Old 10-24-2012   #75
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Thanks for linking all those, +rep.

Personally, I've had enough of this child's threads, so I think it's time to commence the negging!

No kidding. In the first link you posted is this absolute GEM:
Quote:
Well tim tebow became available and it only took some middle round draft pick to acquire him. What would make the texans a instant hot topic? TEBOW. How good would this team be with a tebow package running the wildcat and option with this O line and foster/tate combo?

In conclusion, the texans front office for our majority of history has been gutless. Look at bill belicheck. Took a chance on randy moss. Took a chance on albert haynsworth. Did it work out? Yes and No, but the point is THEY TOOK A CHANCE.
TEBOW? TEBOW? Randy Moss? Haynsworth? especially lol@ did it work out? Yes and No.

/end existence. Never, ever ever ever ever, talk about football again. Become a fan of the WNBA and move on man.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Old 10-24-2012   #76
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 30289 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
There's been a couple but I think it's more for starting like spam advertisement threads and spamming private messages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
It's rare but it has happened a few times since I have been around.
It's not as unusual as you might think.
You rub the wrong mod/admin the wrong way...or flame a certain 1/2 african american politician for his views on abortion during a particularly volitile election/campaign season...it can happen.

But I really wouldn't know anything about that sorta thing...

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Old 10-24-2012   #77
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
It's not as unusual as you might think.
You rub the wrong mod/admin the wrong way...or flame a certain 1/2 african american politician for his views on abortion during a particularly volitile election/campaign season...it can happen.

But I really wouldn't know anything about that sorta thing...

No you wouldn't, please look at this pen and think about those years you were traveling abroad with no internet. Yeah, that was a great time to backpack through Europe! You saw the Eiffel tower AND the leaning Tower of Pisa? Lucky you!

Old 10-25-2012   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
With all due respect, this is where I disagree with the New liberal age, "Everyone's a winner" type of philosophy. The WHOLE point of a sports season, be it football, basketball, whatever, is to get that ring. If you come up short, then you have failed. Sure, there are time's were teams rebuild and don't even sniff the playoffs, but the point of the rebuilding is to strive for a championship.

Why do teams like Dallas, Pittsburg, Green Bay, etc have such a big following? Because they have achieved the pinnacle of success in football. You can take your moral victories, I'll take a Lombardi Trophy.

Do you honestly think any true competitor goes home with his team getting a conference or division title and is satisfied with that? I would hope not.
Completely agree. The Texans are past moral victories, they're sitting at the big boy table now. Anything less than a Super Bowl Win is failure.

Now, that doesn't mean we need to blow everything up if we don't get to the AFC Championship game, but I fully expect us to get there & win it.

If I'm McNair & the Texans get to, but don't win the Super Bowl, I'll be on Kubiak's arse that afternoon wanting answers. I won't be celebrating, it's not going to be an, "awe shucks, we're #2"

We should have gotten all the celebrating crap out of the way 2 weeks earlier when we won the AFC Title.

Especially if he loses to Harbaugh, or Luvy, or any other coach who has yet to show they know how to win a Super Bowl.
Old 10-25-2012   #79
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have to keep in mind that it's unfair for the Texans organization to deal with the frustrations of so many old Oilers fans. To a lot of us, it feels like we've been waiting 30, 40, or more years for this team to win a SB, but they've only been in existence for 10. Most 10 or 11 year franchises are just now started to make the playoffs. The early success of Jax and Carolina, who had many more advantages starting off, makes them look bad too.

Would be awfully nice if they'd just make it all a moot point by winning it all this year. Wade has a chance to help finish what his daddy started and just go ahead and bust the door in.

Old 10-25-2012   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think we have to keep in mind that it's unfair for the Texans organization to deal with the frustrations of so many old Oilers fans. To a lot of us, it feels like we've been waiting 30, 40, or more years for this team to win a SB, but they've only been in existence for 10. Most 10 or 11 year franchises are just now started to make the playoffs. The early success of Jax and Carolina, who had many more advantages starting off, makes them look bad too.

Would be awfully nice if they'd just make it all a moot point by winning it all this year. Wade has a chance to help finish what his daddy started and just go ahead and bust the door in.
Good points.

That's a double-edged sword. On the one hand, the Texans have enjoyed tremendous financial success and over a decade of straight home game sellouts as a result of putting a franchise in a city that is passionate about football. No. 1 tailgating city in America speaks to that passion. McNair has created a first class organization in every aspect that he can control, and we clearly have a classy franchise in so many ways.

However, the other side is those fan expectations and hopes that have been around for decades, along with the heartbreak and hair-trigger tendencies when a fan base is disappointed. We have a collective memory as old Oilers fans. Everyone shares that "feeling" about a certain game in Buffalo, very similar to "where were you when" big events have happened.

That being said, I can only imagine the sheer joy of millions of Houstonians if/when this franchise makes it to a Super Bowl. I remember everyone being friends during the Rockets championship runs. But football? We'd be like a massive family for a month in this city. It would be a beautiful thing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read