Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It makes all the difference in the world ...

... when you can get in the quarterback's face?

Last week, we couldn't get anywhere near Aaron Rogers, and we saw the result. This week, we were all over Flacco like a wet blanket.

Isn't it amazing how much better our "two shutdown corners" play when the people up front get a little pressure. Funny how that works.

So glad I was wrong about this game. I predicted the Ravens would win handily. I just didn't think we would give Flacco fits after what I saw last week.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It makes all the difference in the world ...

This is true but flacco will never be confused with Rodgers. This was the same flacco we saw in the playoffs last year. Rodgers is a dealer with mobility. Flacco not so much.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
This is true but flacco will never be confused with Rodgers. This was the same flacco we saw in the playoffs last year. Rodgers is a dealer with mobility. Flacco not so much.
Flacco himself says he's the best QB in the league.

memo to self...just saying it won't make it happen. See 43-13 if you need a reminder.
Old 10-21-2012   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Good point op.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
... when you can get in the quarterback's face?

Last week, we couldn't get anywhere near Aaron Rogers, and we saw the result. This week, we were all over Flacco like a wet blanket.

Isn't it amazing how much better our "two shutdown corners" play when the people up front get a little pressure. Funny how that works.

So glad I was wrong about this game. I predicted the Ravens would win handily. I just didn't think we would give Flacco fits after what I saw last week.
It certainly helps that Flacco couldn't hit wide open guys after he was hearing footsteps. But I think any good defense in the league gets pressure with the front 7 that makes it easier for the corners. With all the NFL rules, the offense has a distinct advantage. Disrupting the timing is really the only way that you can level the playing field.

It's so good to see a defense scare the ******* out of a QB so much that his OC has to make every dropback a 3 step drop.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #6
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

It does make the biggest difference.

Why?

Guess what Flaccos total QBR was today?

Lowest of any QB since 2008

Per Schefter.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They got near Rodgers a couple times last week .... Barwin damn near had three sacks himself. Rodgers shook him or got the ball off under duress and Barwin came away with 0.

Rodgers gets the ball out really quick and is under rated for his mobility in the pocket. Watchthe highlights of todays GB game ..... he throws a lazerbeam while on the run for a TD. That was a hell of a throw.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually thought barwin played better last week as far as his actual pass rushing...

I liked seeing him make plays but he was unblocked a lot. I don't understand what the ravens were thinking there...

I think wade caught them with their pants down. I mean, not even a TE or rb touched barwin on a couple occasions...the safety sticks out..

Poor job by the ravens, great job by barwin for getting there and finishing and great job by wade getting guys in favorable match ups. I always like our guys against air.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I actually thought barwin played better last week as far as his actual pass rushing...

I liked seeing him make plays but he was unblocked a lot. I don't understand what the ravens were thinking there...

I think wade caught them with their pants down. I mean, not even a TE or rb touched barwin on a couple occasions...the safety sticks out..

Poor job by the ravens, great job by barwin for getting there and finishing and great job by wade getting guys in favorable match ups. I always like our guys against air.
On the sack / safety they just brought more than the Ravens could block ....I believe the TE was on the opposite side. Both Quin and Manning came along with an ILB .... either Flacco got it out in a hurry or it was a sack. Had he got the ball off , it coulda been a huge play the other way as they brought the house.

You dont often see that type of blitz in the NFL because of the consequences.

Wade had a sh!t eatin grin on his face after that one .... and for good reason. It was a huge gamble that paid off in spades.

Must give Ball credit for setting that up .... but he's been really good on ST coverage all year.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
This is a valid point.
Old 10-22-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Flacco himself says he's the best QB in the league.

memo to self...just saying it won't make it happen. See 43-13 if you need a reminder.
How about 45.4, that says more than the 43-13.

(I don't have a problem with a QB saying he's the best. In fact, I'd have a problem if my QB didn't think he was.)
Old 10-22-2012   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Rodgers is going to be a Hall of Famer one day.

Joe Flacco...'eh, not so much.

I think the butt-whippin' by the Packers ultimately did the Texans some good. It made them realize that nobody gives a rat's ass about their record, about rankings, or about anything other than what they can give on the field.
Old 10-22-2012   #13
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

if we make it to the superbowl i much rather play 49ers then the packers..
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #14
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
if we make it to the superbowl i much rather play 49ers then the packers..
I think the Giants will take the NFC again this year. I've been salivating over a Texans versus Giants Super Bowl 47 matchup in the Superdome. Don't forget that they also came to Reliant Stadium and kicked our butts 34-10 during the regular season two years ago. We have a score to settle with them just like Green Bay.

How sweet it would be if Schaub and the Texans beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. That would help get Schaub into the "elite quarterback" conversation. And considering Tom Brady is 0-2 against the Giants in the Super Bowl it would really look that much better for Schaub moving forward.

As good as the Packers can be, the Giants are just on another level when they want to be. But I guess it's apples and oranges. You're talking about the last two Super Bowl champions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read