Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schaub almost blocks Terrell Suggs

thought this was funny
Quote:
It was a decoy block. It was an almost block. It wasn’t a block at all.

Arian Foster took a toss to the right in the third quarter, found nowhere to go and reversed the field to his left. As he made his way back across the field, Texans quarterback Matt Schaub squared up on Suggs (6-3, 260) as if to take him on for a block.

Then he shuffled his feet, stopped and darted to his right, avoiding the 2011 NFL Defensive Player of the Year completely.

“You’ve always got to be ready for Arian, Ben (Tate), for that matter, doing those types of things,” Schaub said after the game, laughing before he answered a question about the play. “I saw him cut back and I saw a couple of guys, especially 55 (Suggs), coming at me, and I just wanted to get in the way. His eyes lit up pretty good when he saw me there, so once Arian got around me I knew he was going to get to the first down, so I just tried to get out of the way.”

Schaub didn’t make any contact with Suggs, but Suggs didn’t get to Foster, who got to the edge and picked up a first down on third-and-three. Foster scored a touchdown three plays later to put the Texans up 36-10 late in the third quarter.

“He asked me about his block, and I told him I didn’t think there was much to talk about there,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said.

Wide receiver Andre Johnson said he didn’t see the block that never was.

“I saw Matt standing there,” Johnson said. “I didn’t see that actual block. It was funny because he came to me on the sideline and was like, ‘Hey, man, if they’re running back toward me, can I cut the guy coming at me?’ And I’m like, ‘No, man. You can’t do that. Just get out of the way.’”

That’s exactly what he did.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-20587a1e767d
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub almost blocks Terrell Suggs

I was so, so happy to see Schaub get out of the way. Even if that was a game winning play, I would want him out of the way. We can't win the superbowl without Schaub. Smart play. And good on Suggs not to seek out contact anyway
Old 10-21-2012   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

As prime would say... Schaub made a "business decision".
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

That was hilarious........ I'm glad Matt made the decision he did. That's not a time to be a hero and prove anything to the team. You got the starting gig kid. Just do what you do best and sling that rock.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt's life passed before my eyes as I yelled get out of the way! Then I burst out laughing as Suggs went different direction. Sort of a weird screech, choking laugh where my heart dropped and my stomach race up my throat.
Old 10-21-2012   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If I saw Suggs running towards me, I'd scream like a little girl and run down the opposite side of the field.. probably leaving a chocolate chip trail in my wake.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

We were laughing our butt off in the living room. I kept rewinding the DVR to watch it again. Schaub looked real serious about blocking Suggs and then at the last second he was like "No, just kidding."

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012   #8
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

It's what you call an "Ole!" block
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
It's what you call an "Ole!" block
Now thats funny right there. He was even wearing red
Old 10-21-2012   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, not as impressive as the Sanchize.

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post

Ha, what a little punk
Old 10-21-2012   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw Schaub square up for the block, I thought, "Is that Schaub?!" Then he danced out of it and I thought, "Yeah, definitely Schaub."

When Andre answered Schaub about the legality of the cut block, he was probably visualizing Trent Green's attempted cut block on Travis Johnson, which could have been the last straw that ended Green's career.

Link. Apologies for the excessive Olbermaness of this clip.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #13
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post

i will never get tired of this
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i remember when ol peyton throw a block that was funny
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i remember when ol peyton throw a block that was funny
I remember when Favre did. Not so funny..

And remember when Trent Green tried to chop block Travis Johnson? Yeah, not a smart move..

Old 10-22-2012   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it live too. I think Schaub might have thrown a little more of a block if Arian hadn't sped off, but it was clear Arian was out sprinting Suggs.

Smart move Schaub, thank you very much. I was relieved to see him get out of the way.
Old 10-22-2012   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

GIF worthy! Dutchrudder?!?!?
Old 10-22-2012   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The matador block helped Foster turn the corner. Suggs hesitated when he saw 6'5 230 pound Matt Schaub drop anchor.
Old 10-22-2012   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see Suggs was thinking ARE YOU SERIOUS with smile on his face. But, that play was funny. I laughed so hard.

Go Schaub!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
GIF worthy! Dutchrudder?!?!?
Absolutely, when I get a copy I'll do it. Also, I made a guide in the Graphics and Tech section on how to make gifs. It would be awesome if others around here could learn so I'm not the only one doing it
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read