Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2012   #61
redwhiteblue
Veteran

Rep Power: 2088 redwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I trust Matt SCHAUB and KUBIAK

loved this line about kubiak from that article:

But Schaub doesn't worry about these things. He doesn't seem fazed by much of anything. There was the time last spring when a number of teams were courting Manning, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak texted his quarterback and asked him to pick up the future Hall of Fame quarterback at the airport.
redwhiteblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #62
guichows6
Rookie

I still don't trust those two very well...yea yea we ONLY have one loss and most wins were blowouts...but cmon, let's be honest..we blew out crappy teams as q good team should. Yes the ravens suck. I expected this blowout and would of been extremely disapointed had it not been..put us in a situation with real pressure (like coming back from behind against one of the better teams like gb,ne,atl, or Denver) and I'm pretty sure schaubie will have A.D.D. as soon as the ball gets hiked and most likely throw an intercerption. Then with 8 mins left in the 4th and down by 17 kubiak will keep running the ball up the gut for a no gain and eat clock.

Sure we play like world beaters and all, but that's only if we are up by two possessions. So far this season we don't know what will happen if the game is tied or up by 3 or vice versa when the game is under 4 mins...schaubie would probably throw an interception. We will find out when we travel to Chicago since that is the next tough test. I expect us to win that by 17 or more by the way...

I'm not a hater, far from it. I've been here since day 1 and ALWAYS WILL BE till the day I die, but I still don't trust those two. The only way I would trust them is to win the SUPERBOWL. WIN. Not lose a tough game, WIN.
Old 10-25-2012   #63
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichows6 View Post
I still don't trust those two very well...yea yea we ONLY have one loss and most wins were blowouts...but cmon, let's be honest..we blew out crappy teams as q good team should. Yes the ravens suck. I expected this blowout and would of been extremely disapointed had it not been..put us in a situation with real pressure (like coming back from behind against one of the better teams like gb,ne,atl, or Denver) and I'm pretty sure schaubie will have A.D.D. as soon as the ball gets hiked and most likely throw an intercerption. Then with 8 mins left in the 4th and down by 17 kubiak will keep running the ball up the gut for a no gain and eat clock.

Sure we play like world beaters and all, but that's only if we are up by two possessions. So far this season we don't know what will happen if the game is tied or up by 3 or vice versa when the game is under 4 mins...schaubie would probably throw an interception. We will find out when we travel to Chicago since that is the next tough test. I expect us to win that by 17 or more by the way...

I'm not a hater, far from it. I've been here since day 1 and ALWAYS WILL BE till the day I die, but I still don't trust those two. The only way I would trust them is to win the SUPERBOWL. WIN. Not lose a tough game, WIN.

What is the texans record over the last 10-15 Matt/Gary games?
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #64
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
What is the texans record over the last 10-15 Matt/Gary games?
Don't even try; he said it all when he stated that the ONLY way for him to trust Schaub/Kubiak is a superbowl win. There's no reasoning with some people.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Just as I'm sure there are people who sees the virtue of being patient.

They are willing to look at Kubiak as a guy who learns and grows with the job.
These people normally don't speak out as much as the dissenters.

When people dislike something, they tend to vent it out over and over again.
Yeah... we know the type... they're like the classic, nagging wife. No matter how many good things you've done she'll go back thru the years to remind you of all the other times you've screwed up in their eyes... of all the times you didn't get it quite right ...all the times they thought you could have done it differently/better in their not-so humble opinions. And of course, with 20-20 hindsight they just KNOW what you should have done to get it right. If they ain't b*tchin', they ain't happy...

Nag. Nag. Nag.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012   #66
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Does it really matter to even the slightest electron of anything if fans "trust" the head coach and QB??

Seriously, none of what we think makes even the hint of ripple in the pond of Texans operations.

What matters is who the TEAM trusts, and they clearly believe and support Kubiak and Schaub 100%.

Good enough for our team is good enough for me. Proof is in the results. All the hand-wringing in the world by timid fans wallowing in the past is food for internet discussions, but certainly completely irrelevant to the product on the field.

Drink some koolaide and enjoy the ride. It never lasts forever.
Old 10-25-2012   #67
guichows6
Rookie

Lol, don't get me wrong guys, I'm not nagging nor complaining. I'm simply saying that what it takes for me to trust schaubiak is a Superbowl win. I don't care if we barely get in the playoffs..as long as we win . I actually like the way schaub is playing and how kubiak is calling the plays. We are playing great. I just don't trust them yet until I see some clutch drives put together in a close fought important game ...

Is that so bad?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read