Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2012   #21
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes
Default Re: I trust Matt SCHAUB and KUBIAK

*thread subscribed*

Lets see how we do in the playoffs. I hope nobody else gets injured so there will be no more excuses for kubiak & schaub.

Anything less than a superbowl appearance is a failure imo.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #22
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has gotten better every season. He seems to be making better decisions every year. I think he understands that he doesn't have to win every game. Some games he just has to manage. I think 3-4 years ago when he was forced to win everything, it was too much to ask of him (and 90% of QBs in the league). He's not Brady, Manning, or Rodgers, but he's in the discussion for the top 10.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Just to keep some perspective, here's the sort of faith people have in Kubiak, in real time, from the gameday thread, pages 4 through 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Another draw play....
Quote:
Ok, Stop running the ball. Pass a little bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Lol. Kubiak...WTF is this...

Let the borderline elite qb air it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
C'mon with this ****ty playcalling man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Not sure they can get much more conservative. Especially when they've jumped out with the big downfield plays.

Their script sucks ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
This completely blows. **** this **** and **** you Kubiak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I feel like the Capers teams, run run pass punt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Yayyyyyy. More than 3 yards on first down!

Thanks for waking up Kubes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
3rd and long draw AGAIN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
3rd and 18 and you call a RUNNING play

WTF
Quote:
Another draw play....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Typical Kubiak playcalling. Can't say I'm surprised.
The game ended up with the best possible result, but let's not pretend like people are trusting Kubiak completely. But I so applaud the spirit of the thread.
Old 10-21-2012   #24
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Just to keep some perspective, here's the sort of faith people have in Kubiak, in real time, from the gameday thread, pages 4 through 6:

The game ended up with the best possible result, but let's not pretend like people are trusting Kubiak completely. But I so applaud the spirit of the thread.

Lol, I still had the bad taste of last week still in my mouth.

I feel a lot better now after seeing the whole game play out.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Lol, I still had the bad taste of last week still in my mouth.

I feel a lot better now after seeing the whole game play out.
I hear ya! I do as well. The frustration of the moment leads to honesty though, and I think it's evident that a lot of people do not trust Kubiak at least, and perhaps Schaub. No one posted in the early time period of the game thread anything resembling "In Kubiak We Trust", heh.
Old 10-21-2012   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

^ true. I was calling him out and the whole offense too in the early going. Thank God they settled down.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #27
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I do get frustrated sometimes early on but then I Figure Kubiak is using the scripted plays to set things up for later.so I try to give it a little time
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012   #28
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
*thread subscribed*

Lets see how we do in the playoffs. I hope nobody else gets injured so there will be no more excuses for kubiak & schaub.

"Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified."

First, we're supposed to beat Baltimore/New England for our greatness to be verified. Now it's Superbowl or nothing? Explain to me how THIS season's 6-1 reeks of fools gold to you still.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012   #29
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Hats off to Kubiak not calling his standard game too. The man knew the fans wanted to see us come out and prove we deserve the top spot, and he went to the air after we had the game in hand. Well played, Coach. You fooled me on a few plays today and it was nice to see some different stuff come out of the playbook. Now I know we have something for Chicago and is it just me, or does the rest of the AFC look like a cakewalk?
Old 10-22-2012   #30
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*thread subscribed*

That's horse crap. Winning a Superbowl requires more than having a great team. Often it requires more than having the best team, the best coaching etc. Luck and chance play vital roles in determining champions. All the Texans or any other team can do is put themselves in legitimate contention. If you do this year after year eventually you MIGHT win one. Maybe you might win more than one.

Right now you could make a list of the top 5 contenders to win the Superbowl and probably give each of them about a 10% chance to bag a Lombardi. So if we fail to achieve this difficult goal you are going to ***** and moan and call everyone else homers and say "I told you so" blah blah blah when all you did was pick a 90% winner. There's nothing to it man.

How about this: You pick 1 team to win the Superbowl. Call your shot. Can be the Texans if you want it to be, certainly doesn't have to be. But you only get to pick 1 team. And if that team doesn't win the Superbowl we can all call you an idiot for thinking said team had any shot to begin with. Cause that's pretty much all you are doing.
Old 10-22-2012   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

he was more agressive today i thought when we had like a 2+ score lead i expected him to be like ok we can play power football we are going to run this ball and kill the clock but nope we kept on passing it alot

but hey it worked kinda ..so whatever

idk im ol school when we have a big lead im like Run RUN RUN and when its 3rd down a 3 im like RUN IMO short pass plays are so much harder to do then a 3rd and 3 and heck if u get like a 4th and inches u can RUN it again

i just go back to the indy game 2 years ago were we ran it like 8 times in a row RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN we kept on running till they could stop it
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #32
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Two dudes who don't seem to mind Kubiak's playcalling.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Schaub has gotten better every season. He seems to be making better decisions every year. I think he understands that he doesn't have to win every game. Some games he just has to manage. I think 3-4 years ago when he was forced to win everything, it was too much to ask of him (and 90% of QBs in the league). He's not Brady, Manning, or Rodgers, but he's in the discussion for the top 10.
I think this was one of Schaub's best games. This is what he has to do to get us where we want to go. Don't just accept that no one is open, make something happen.

He did a great job today, moving around in the pocket & keeping his eyes down field. The touchdown to Walter would have been a sack, but he sidestepped the rusher, stayed tall & threw a strike.

Then there was that play where he flushed to his right, with Ngata (I think) nipping at his heels. Didn't throw a perfect ball, but gave Andre an opportunity to make a play. He did & we stayed on the field.

We need to see more of that.
Old 10-22-2012   #34
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Sit field level in the end zone. It is one thing to have open receivers, it is another to have an open throwing lane and be positioned to throw the ball to them.

Mike

Spot on. Its much easier to sit in the stands with a cold bud and call out open people
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
It was my first game today and let me tell your that you miss a lot from the tv view compared to live. Schaub misses WIDE open people a lot. It's like he does 2 reads and that's it. Pretty bad to watch live. IMO
You ever hear that saying, that when you are looking for something, it is always in the last place you looked?

Have you ever figured out why that was?

Think about it.
Old 10-22-2012   #36
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*thread subscribed*

how can you have such high expectations when the texans have a crappy HC & qb?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #37
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Spot on. Its much easier to sit in the stands with a cold bud and call out open people
Its not just that it is "easier" to call people out, you don't have the vantage point of the QB. Last year I sat in row 10 of the endzone for the Titans game. I've sat low on the sidelines before and all over the 500-600s and it is just not as simple as "that guy is open, throw it to him". Batted balls, ability to set and throw all figure into getting rid of the ball. If you can't get anything on your throw then the receiver is NOT open. Sure, it may work at the HS level. Everybody on the defense runs sub 5 second 40's. You cannot throw a duck, those get returned for pick sixes. You can't throw if there is no lane either. Watt has 4 passes deflected that have been intercepted. A tip ball is about 50/50 to be a turnover. I'm not calling him out for saying it either, I'm just pointing out that just because there isn't a defender within 10 yards of a guy doesn't mean it is a smart throw.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #38
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*thread subscribed*

What? How do you arrive at that conclusion? Is it because we just have more talent than any team in the AFC? Do you just assume we will catch every break? If you think that it is because of our talent then your statement that "I don't trust KUBIAK", then you cannot say that "superbowl or bust". Same with your QB. If you don't trust your QB then how can you determine that it is superbowl or bust.

You are already declaring that we're in the playoffs. Notice that is in week 7? You are declaring, in week 7, that you don't trust your head coach or your QB but anything other than a Superbowl apperance is a failure? This doesn't pass the smell test. That is like saying "I don't trust our RB, if he doesn't rush for 1900 yards then he is a failure."

Seriously, you should maybe look into being a Saints fan. They are underachieving this year and would provide plenty of opportunity for you to ***** about things.

Mike

Old 10-22-2012   #39
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Its not just that it is "easier" to call people out, you don't have the vantage point of the QB. Last year I sat in row 10 of the endzone for the Titans game. I've sat low on the sidelines before and all over the 500-600s and it is just not as simple as "that guy is open, throw it to him". Batted balls, ability to set and throw all figure into getting rid of the ball. If you can't get anything on your throw then the receiver is NOT open. Sure, it may work at the HS level. Everybody on the defense runs sub 5 second 40's. You cannot throw a duck, those get returned for pick sixes. You can't throw if there is no lane either. Watt has 4 passes deflected that have been intercepted. A tip ball is about 50/50 to be a turnover. I'm not calling him out for saying it either, I'm just pointing out that just because there isn't a defender within 10 yards of a guy doesn't mean it is a smart throw.

Mike

I said it was easier to call out "open" people sitting in the stands drinking beer not call out board members
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012   #40
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I said it was easier to call out "open" people sitting in the stands drinking beer not call out board members
We're on the same page man. I wasn't arguing, I was trying to explain it for the guy that wrote the post.

Mike

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read