Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-03-2005   #1
downtownsb
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 downtownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Default Police looking for Sean Taylor

Here is the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2075361
downtownsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

From the article so you can get the gist without the link:

Quote:
According to Williams, "a person of interest" means Taylor could be a subject, victim or witness of an alleged crime and that the police department was looking for him. He would not say whether there was an arrest warrant out for Taylor.

An NFL source tells ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the league has gotten a communication from the Dade County Police Department, which says there is a warrant out for Taylor's arrest in regards to an alleged assault with a weapon.
Old 06-03-2005   #3
downtownsb
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 downtownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballotdowntownsb is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

sorry i diddnt know the rules on quotes and i was lazy.
downtownsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a rule, just you get more replies and some people are link averse so a tid-bit helps out. Welcome to the MB.
Old 06-03-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

And so many people around here wanted him so badly. Shows that you don't always get what you see.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

This should help out with his contract negotiations.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, where are all those people who wanted to trade (more picks than for Babin) up for this guy...If he was in Washington concerning himself with playing he probably would not be in this bit of trouble.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2005   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm out of the loop or something.

Isn't he a fairly young player? Why would he be doing a contract this soon?

Too bad if he's in trouble. I don't wish that on anyone.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #9
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

i remember we held a fake live mock draft on this site, and i had control of the Redskins and traded away Sean Taylor. If i remember some people started throwing some cr*p my way and i just said that Taylor wouldnt work out in Washington. More proof i should be gm/coach or something.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I'm out of the loop or something.

Isn't he a fairly young player? Why would he be doing a contract this soon?
He is a very young player, and he's played only one year under his rookie contract. Basically he's had a change of heart, and wants more money after the fact. He's definately a "rollercoaster" type of player, and I hope he'll start to settle down soon. I doubt it will happen though.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
He is a very young player, and he's played only one year under his rookie contract. Basically he's had a change of heart, and wants more money after the fact. He's definately a "rollercoaster" type of player, and I hope he'll start to settle down soon. I doubt it will happen though.
Thanks for the info. Your post made me recollect an article I read recently..I didn't remember who it was about but now I realize it was about Sean. He's young and hopefully he's going to get his life straightened out and go play football the way he's capable. If not what a waste.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005   #12
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

.... I'll admit that I wanted the texans to trade up for him, but how could anyone know he was like this? If he gets convicted or stays on this track, next time ESPN makes one of those 25 biggest NFL draft busts he'll be in the top 10. So much talent, so little smarts.
Old 06-03-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy was giving off the creepy trouble vibe before he was drafted. Obviously there was something to that. It doesn't matter how much "talent" he has because he's nothing but trouble. By the end of his rookie contract nobody is going to care about Sean Taylor except Sean Taylor.
Old 06-03-2005   #14
TexansCanes
All Pro

i will hold judgment until the whole story comes out because normally with athletes they report the worst case scenario. as of right know he is just a person of interest and it has yet to be seen if he did actually fire the shots, we only have second hand information about that. whether he is the victim, suspect, or witness will be found out soon enough, it doesn't help that it happened Wednesday and they haven't found him yet. i will continue to support the guy, but like with k2, it is getting harder. as for trading up for him, performance wise i still have no problem with it, but wouldn't trade d rob for st. as for the contract situation, the reason he wants a new deal is because he is upset with how his deal compares to the other players the drafted before and after him. he was the first to sign and his deal was the worst of the top 7 picks.
Old 06-04-2005   #15
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Okay, where are all those people who wanted to trade (more picks than for Babin) up for this guy...If he was in Washington concerning himself with playing he probably would not be in this bit of trouble.
Well, before everyone gets on the "I never wanted ST anyway" high horse, remember there was an extremely different perception about him as a person/player prior to the draft. I think you can ask anyone now that they'd rather have the draft fall like it did but that's easy to say over a year later.

I will admit I was suckered into the hype at the time but fortunately I think (hopefully) I'm one of those that learns his lesson the first time around.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i was dang near president of the sean taylor fan club, and i still maintain that he could have been a beast here...obviously, things worked out for the best, and there is a reason ive never been given control of a non madden franchise, but maybe if he wasnt around a bunch of thugs he wouldnt...oh nevermind, screw it, i was wrong and i apologize

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #17
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
i was dang near president of the sean taylor fan club, and i still maintain that he could have been a beast here...obviously, things worked out for the best, and there is a reason ive never been given control of a non madden franchise, but maybe if he wasnt around a bunch of thugs he wouldnt...oh nevermind, screw it, i was wrong and i apologize
LOL!

Notice how all the Miami Guys in that draft didnt work out (Winslow Taylor etc.) Maybe there was something in the water or something?
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #18
Chrispy
Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
LOL!

Notice how all the Miami Guys in that draft didnt work out (Winslow Taylor etc.) Maybe there was something in the water or something?
Luckily not all Miami guys were drinking that water. AJ seems to have turned out real well.
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
i remember we held a fake live mock draft on this site, and i had control of the Redskins and traded away Sean Taylor. If i remember some people started throwing some cr*p my way and i just said that Taylor wouldnt work out in Washington. More proof i should be gm/coach or something.
Our GM is doing just fine, however, the Astros probably could use some help....
Old 06-04-2005   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
If this is true, he could have killed anyone firing a gun into a home like that.
This guy needs a years suspension and some therapy. That's just flat out crazy. Taylor was a great college player, but he needs to get back in touch with reality.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read